10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkY

Oct 27, 2004
Visit site
Regarding post #193; after 3.5-hours straight of Safari use, I'm not surprised the app crashed due to the phone getting hot. I'd be shocked if my Treo could do that much continuous browsing without experiencing some sort of issue.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
EDGE has been okay for me in DC BUT...

Those with iPhones, what do you think of this thread? What's your experience?

Phone Will Not Work With Edge Data

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=322925

I thought 3G was better for data and calls simultaneously anyway.

You can't talk a voice call when on EDGE data and you can't start EDGE if you are already on a voice call.

WIFI you can but not on EDGE. That is one thing they never mentioned.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
hmmm

Surur - "3rd party web pages" - LOL

Eric, some of us replace our battery daily. It you are using you phone and web a lot, they run out. And the biggest plus of replaceable battery - when the battery is drained, you don't have to sit tethered to a power outlet while it recharges...just slap a new on in and go (and let the drained on recharge in a dock.)

I highly doubt you 7 year old battery lasts longer than a new one. I've had hundreds of li-ions and they all degrade after a certain number of charge cycles.

llarsen, the treo can surk the web for days (yes, days - I've done it) and not heat up and stop working. Sounds like there is a heat problem in the iPhone.

Slingbox

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
Regarding post #193; after 3.5-hours straight of Safari use, I'm not surprised the app crashed due to the phone getting hot. I'd be shocked if my Treo could do that much continuous browsing without experiencing some sort of issue.
Never had a browser crash after 3 to 4 hours straight..Same with slingmedia and tomtom.I have to soft reset my wx once every 2 months or so. I use memmaid to complete that task with clean up.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Mikec I nevr said a thinh about the TREO

Surur - "3rd party web pages" - LOL

Eric, some of us replace our battery daily. It you are using you phone and web a lot, they run out. And the biggest plus of replaceable battery - when the battery is drained, you don't have to sit tethered to a power outlet while it recharges...just slap a new on in and go (and let the drained on recharge in a dock.)

I highly doubt you 7 year old battery lasts longer than a new one. I've had hundreds of li-ions and they all degrade after a certain number of charge cycles.

llarsen, the treo can surk the web for days (yes, days - I've done it) and not heat up and stop working. Sounds like there is a heat problem in the iPhone.

And from 1 post ONE post you make a call like there is a heat issue with the iPHONE.

Come on man lets all take a breath and step back.

I will wait for some third party party reports of the issues and I am sure there are some with the iPHONE.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
The features supposedly added in the near future will make the iPhone more complete. I think I'll wait until they release the iPhone wth the new stuff already added on.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
llarsen

llarsen,

My bad on attributing the heat comment to you. I misread the thread. Sorry.

I still think there is a heat issue, but we will see.

shopharim

Feb 19, 2003
www.sottm.com
sxtg said:
you have to scroll your pics really really fast and blink a lot to create the illusion of video,
I literally fell over laughing at this comment. If my whole family were not asleep I would let out the laugh this comment really deserves.

Bronxboy

Dec 7, 2006
Visit site
You know, in comparison with the iPhone, the Razr 3x has 3G, A2DP, Obex, Java apps, so it can use opera mini 4 and gmail for Java, Google maps, Mobile Youtube, a native e-mail client, games, a flash for the camera, hard keys for blind sms'ing, it has MMS, you can add ring tones, video conferencing, etc etc etc. The 3i would sync with Itunes, and with your mac calender over bluetooth, which the iPhone wont do.

Its a much better phone.

Surur

surur I have a razor and i agree you are spot on.
The i-phone has some advantages such as wi-fi, storage capacity and a larger screen size but if you have a razor V3i euro or V3x with a 2GB memory card you can load videos, Mp3s, customize your ringtones with mp3's, create your own ring tones, surf the web with opera, record videos and it has support for plenty of 3rd party applications. So overall at the moment in many ways it’s better than the i-Phone. it even has I tunes software.

But really how many phones today don't have email and MMS might be a hold over of tech that is and should be put out to pasture, IE the floppy drive or the ONE BUTTON MOUSE :)

Never use SMS either. My business connections might be a little behind the curve but I tend not to have a lot to SMS or IM with Paris Hilton and her crowd that tend to use this a lot.

The only business connection you have son is the one that connects your hand to your crotch. What happens next is strictly your business but I think you should ease up, because you’re starting to short change your brain.

blazinlow

Mar 11, 2005
Visit site
I was playin with my friends Iphone tonight, its a cool device. i was trying to do some things I do commonly with my Treo 755p

1. m.youtube.com doesnt work
2. couldnt stream my music collection (Jinzora) to it
3. No VNC type programs for remote desktop

Making a phone call wasnt too tedious. Its just one button to get to the phone app, and you do have a keypad.

They keyboard in portrait mode was hard to use, much easier in landscape mode.

Besides the 'interface' the lack of 3rd party apps makes the phone kind of boring. The main menu is one screen with like 10 icons. You have web, pictures, music, google maps, settings, and a few accessory items. Im used to having tons of apps to play with.

Did a few speed tests at dslreports.com/mspeed - averaged about 60kbps, one time I got 171kbps.

Bronxboy

Dec 7, 2006
Visit site
I was playin with my friends Iphone tonight, its a cool device. i was trying to do some things I do commonly with my Treo 755p

1. m.youtube.com doesnt work
2. couldnt stream my music collection (Jinzora) to it
3. No VNC type programs for remote desktop

Making a phone call wasnt too tedious. Its just one button to get to the phone app, and you do have a keypad.

They keyboard in portrait mode was hard to use, much easier in landscape mode.

Besides the 'interface' the lack of 3rd party apps makes the phone kind of boring. The main menu is one screen with like 10 icons. You have web, pictures, music, google maps, settings, and a few accessory items. Im used to having tons of apps to play with.

Did a few speed tests at dslreports.com/mspeed - averaged about 60kbps, one time I got 171kbps.

I can see your point.
The i- Phones home page layout is exactly like Palm's. It uses large icons that take you directly into your applications but they just look nice because they move about as if it’s a flash environment. Other than that the only things the i-Phones got going for it is it looks nice, music albums flip view & the photo zoom option. We Palm users also have album art & a zoom option for our photos. The question is now how long will it take for somebody to make a zoom that works with your finger or an album art flip view music player.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
thumb up

The features supposedly added in the near future will make the iPhone more complete. I think I'll wait until they release the iPhone wth the new stuff already added on.

What I'm thinking too Phone Diva...I guess I kinda did the same with treos..didn't buy one until the 680 despite hearing how wonderfult he 600 & 650 were I wanted a bit more...I think Apple will be making firmware releases by later this month, August and then October... I think rather than do w/o spme of the functionality I'll just save up and wait until they 1. unlock the darned thing 2. make these firmware updates out of the box. I'm sure it won' be perfect then (3rd party by then??) but it'll be more functional.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
And another genius is heard from

surur I have a razor and i agree you are spot on.
The i-phone has some advantages such as wi-fi, storage capacity and a larger screen size but if you have a razor V3i euro or V3x with a 2GB memory card you can load videos, Mp3s, customize your ringtones with mp3's, create your own ring tones, surf the web with opera, record videos and it has support for plenty of 3rd party applications. So overall at the moment in many ways it’s better than the i-Phone. it even has I tunes software.

The only business connection you have son is the one that connects your hand to your crotch. What happens next is strictly your business but I think you should ease up, because you’re starting to short change your brain.

More and more of the iPHONE haters are resorting to personal attacks. I am amazed at the HATE you guys have for a piece of electronics. Bronxboy, maybe you should step back from the keyboard and breath deeply. I'm sure the "Business connections" you have are deeply impressed by the many Ringtones you can create.

Mine tend to want me to make them money.

Best wishes with your RAZOR...

tirk

Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
The BBC have done a quick review. Pretty much what has been said elsewhere; the interface is nice, the internet connection and keyboard are awful and
Apple's claim that the iPhone is five years ahead of any other mobile is nonsense, in terms of actual tech specifications.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Rather a selective quote, tirk, but I suppose that is in the spirit of this thread. For anyone who can't be bothered to click the link this is the whole conclusion:

Apple's claim that the iPhone is five years ahead of any other mobile is nonsense, in terms of actual tech specifications.

In particular, the antiquated data system lets it down badly. However, as a user experience it is probably about 10 years ahead.

Using the iPhone makes you feel quite angry towards other mobile manufacturers. What have they been doing? Fobbing us of with such truly awful interfaces?

However, I am conscious that where we do benefit on other platforms is the wealth of third party applications. I wonder when we will see a DivX player - one of the most popular video standards - for iPhone. When Apple deigns to give us one, I guess.

If Apple could sort out the camera, data speed and keyboard the iPhone would still not be perfect, but it wouldn't be far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73