10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeze22

Sep 18, 2006
Visit site
sorry

image5bf275e2zt4.jpg

Feeling defensive much?

Actually many many people can blind type via T9. Anyway the IPhone vs Razr comparison was academic, until you asked for a feature by feature comparison, in which the iPhone roundly lost. Did you know the Razr can do Navigation via Telus?

The main way the iPhone is similar to the Razr is that its a feature phone craze, but its popularity does not say anything about the utility of our smartphones.

I'm glad you are happy with your feature phone. I hope gets as stable as most feature-phones, simple things that they are, usually are.

Surur

Just absurd. I have the iPhone. I am a long time Palm user (all the Treos). I have even owen the 700w and 750 with WM5 and, trust me, they have become relics.

It seems that most people decrying the iphone here reached their opinion reflexively and without ever even testing the phone, and now have dug in their heels. They continue to argue every last point using backwards logic: "I have reached my conclusion first, and now I must compile arguments to support it."

There is alot of nonsense going on here.

Tech-geeks want to fumble around with file systems and registries on handhelds that are, by definition, meant to be simple to use.

The fact that anyone still uses a PC's amazes me as well.

Add three things to the iPhone, and it is perfect: flash, streaming data and instant messaging.

Even without them, based on my protracted experience with Palm and WM5, it is still light years ahead.

Progress is defined by simplicity.

As for complaints about the price- yes, an Aston Martin is a better machine than a Ford Focus.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Just absurd. I have the iPhone. I am a long time Palm user (all the Treos). I have even owen the 700w and 750 with WM5 and, trust me, they have become relics.

It seems that most people decrying the iphone here reached their opinion reflexively and without ever even testing the phone, and now have dug in their heels. They continue to argue every last point using backwards logic: "I have reached my conclusion first, and now I must compile arguments to support it."

Tech-geeks want to fumble around with file systems and registries on handhelds that are, by definition, meant to be simple to use.

Add three things to the iPhone, and it is perfect: flash, streaming data and instant messaging.

Even without them, based on my protracted experience with Palm and WM5, it is still light years ahead.

People have been mising the quotes - this one is a doozy.

How do I enter an "~" in the iPhone?

A friend of mine asked me: How do I enter an "~" in the iPhone? My homepage on comcast has the '~'.

dangleheart

you can't in safari...

bookmark the page on your computer, and sync your phone.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=323485

:D::D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D

Surur

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Yes you can...

surur

People have been mising the quotes - this one is a doozy.

Quote:
How do I enter an "~" in the iPhone?

A friend of mine asked me: How do I enter an "~" in the iPhone? My homepage on comcast has the '~'.

dangleheart

you can't in safari...

bookmark the page on your computer, and sync your phone.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=323485

:::

Surur

yes you can it is on the keyboard. Hit the SHIFT key and the _ turns to ~.

Lets look through all the MW forums and find silly questions left by people.

I am sure they are very representative of the WM community.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site

As for complaints about the price- yes, an Aston Martin is a better machine than a Ford Focus.

:confused: you are amazed ppl use personal computers?? I don't get this statement at all! If you don't have a PC how would you even use an iPhone?? Or know what the internet is? Either that or you are an apple fan? Seriously what do you mean by that?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I didn't say you couldn't ... just noticed I couldn't find it at first shot either. I figured it out shortly after I hit submit.

Very strange way to get to it.

Maybe you should go join and tell them. Obviously the solution wasn't as "intuitive" to those iPhone users, but then, they are only iPhone users.

Surur

zeze22

Sep 18, 2006
Visit site
:confused: you are amazed ppl use personal computers?? I don't get this statement at all! If you don't have a PC how would you even use an iPhone?? Or know what the internet is? Either that or you are an apple fan? Seriously what do you mean by that?

I think it's pretty clear that I meant the colloquial PC for Windows-based computer. Sorry I confused you.

zeze22

Sep 18, 2006
Visit site
Maybe you should go join and tell them. Obviously the solution wasn't as "intuitive" to those iPhone users, but then, they are only iPhone users.

Surur

the personal attacks are just silly, shrill and come off as overly defensive.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Also, MMS never used it always sent pictures via email. Again maybe I am behind the curve but why would you need to use MMS if you have unlimited email?
We've been over this.

1) Not every phone has email, yet they all can receive MMS. By the same argument, why is SMS included then? Why not just email everyone?
2) If no one used it, the carriers would dump it. But they make $$ on it which implies that it is popular and people use it.

Is llarson now posting from his iPhone? What's up with the horrible "quoting" effect in #164?

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
I think it's pretty clear that I meant the colloquial PC for Windows-based computer. Sorry I confused you.

I thought so...well I enjoy the uses of both WIndows and OS X - never get why you ppl think it must be one or the other...and >90% of the market doesn't lie. PC's are more flexible hence more attractive to developers who make the apps ppl want to use. If Apple ever licences their OS for PCs I do not doubt there share would grow but as long as it's a hardware-tied-to-software issue it will stay this way - the majority of ppl are poor and Apple's prices are always a premium for less wrt hardware.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
I see sorry never followed this much

We've been over this.

1) Not every phone has email, yet they all can receive MMS. By the same argument, why is SMS included then? Why not just email everyone?
2) If no one used it, the carriers would dump it. But they make $$ on it which implies that it is popular and people use it.

Is llarson now posting from his iPhone? What's up with the horrible "quoting" effect in #164?

But really how many phones today don't have email and MMS might be a hold over of tech that is and should be put out to pasture, IE the floppy drive or the ONE BUTTON MOUSE :)

Never use SMS either. My business connections might be a little behind the curve but I tend not to have a lot to SMS or IM with Paris Hilton and her crowd that tend to use this a lot.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Commercial break....Is the iPhone able to use TA lol
lol, actually it is a fair question in this sense...

If you miss an email, call or have a VM, what are the options for repeat notifications? Obviously there is no "visual" notifications if the device is off (LED), so I suppose you just have to turn it on (unlock?) and look every time?

Can any of the iPhoners clarify how this works?

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
But really how many phones today don't have email and MMS might be a hold over of tech that is and should be put out to pasture, IE the floppy drive or the ONE BUTTON MOUSE :)

Never use SMS either. My business connections might be a little behind the curve but I tend not to have a lot to SMS or IM with Paris Hilton and her crowd that tend to use this a lot.

So why oh why do Apple persist with this? Even their new mouses have two buttons but the 2nd one is so small & oddly placed I hit it accidentally all the time (the one that gives you a view of all windows under Tiger)

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Bruckwine we have been over this...

I thought so...well I enjoy the uses of both WIndows and OS X - never get why you ppl think it must be one or the other...and >90% of the market doesn't lie. PC's are more flexible hence more attractive to developers who make the apps ppl want to use. If Apple ever licences their OS for PCs I do not doubt there share would grow but as long as it's a hardware-tied-to-software issue it will stay this way - the majority of ppl are poor and Apple's prices are always a premium for less wrt hardware.

I believe if you add on the hardware that Macs come with standard to a PC the price would be comparable.

At least in the past the systems I have looked at have been that way. Your mileage may differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen