- 07-24-2007, 11:50 AM #1526
Your posts speak for themselves. Different points of view =! facts. You made an incorrect statement, and instead of taking responsiblity, you ignore.
That's your choice and fine. But the martyr complex ain't working for ya.
- 07-24-2007, 11:53 AM #1527
I am using this for reference, which I'm not sure is canonical.
- 07-24-2007, 12:00 PM #1528
- 07-24-2007, 12:17 PM #1530
- 07-24-2007, 12:18 PM #1531
- 07-24-2007, 01:14 PM #1532
- 07-24-2007, 01:59 PM #1533
- 07-24-2007, 02:07 PM #1534
I've worked with mentally handicapped people and have nothing but respect for them.
- 07-24-2007, 02:15 PM #1535
- 07-24-2007, 02:19 PM #1536
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I really miss Surur's mega copy and paste posts from the Apple forums. I can't believe nobody even posted about the just announced low sales numbers for the first weekend.
- 07-24-2007, 02:27 PM #1537
- 07-24-2007, 02:27 PM #1538
I don't call mentally handicapped people retarded because I don't want to hurt their feelings, but if something or someone has stunted growth then retarded is an accurate description. There is nothing wrong with the word, just your interpretation of it.
- 07-24-2007, 02:42 PM #1539
- 07-24-2007, 02:47 PM #1540
- 07-24-2007, 02:51 PM #1541
Surur said something about Apple releasing numbers on Wed? So we might get a better idea of what they actually were.
Not sure what to make of it: that's still a lot of phones in 2 days. OTOH, if you go by all the analyst predictions and the expectations, it seems far below the half million projected.
It will be interesting to see a graph based on the number of sales over a few days, in other words to see if that was the peak (those 2 days) or maybe it held consistent. Or rather, maybe they've hit 500 thousand one week later...
- 07-24-2007, 02:56 PM #1542
- 07-24-2007, 02:58 PM #1543
I know they were under expectation, but that is a lot of cell phones to sell (actually be activated) in about 48 hours. I wonder if any other phone has sold that much in its first two days. We will know a lot more tomorrow after Apple posts their earnings. I would be surprised if the hadn't sold over 350,000 yet.
I bought my iPhone on-line on June 30th. Didn't get it for a few days after, so mine didn't count in that number.
- 07-24-2007, 02:59 PM #1544
- 07-24-2007, 03:09 PM #1545
- 07-24-2007, 03:33 PM #1547
I do agree though that people should be careful here about over reacting to 2 days of activations.
- 07-24-2007, 03:40 PM #1548
- 07-24-2007, 03:51 PM #1550