- 07-17-2007, 11:47 AM #901
I am keeping it and love the aspects of the iphone work well. I hope I am not foolish in waiting for a very serious and comprehensive upgrade. It will be to ebay at a loss (and on to a Blackberry or Nokia) if the next upgrade doesnt include a file system, streaming internet, customizable email and a more versatile calendar app (as in, detailed week view at very least). Automatic OTA syncing of calendars/contacts/email/bookmarks to .mac will be a very well-loved bonus.
- 07-17-2007, 11:48 AM #902
- 07-17-2007, 12:01 PM #903
I do not intend to retire my Treo 650 just because I have an iPhone but the only application that I can do on my Treo that I cannot do on my iPhone is ebooks. Since I no longer buy paper books and read only on my Treo, that is a very important application.
- 07-17-2007, 12:10 PM #904
- 07-17-2007, 12:24 PM #905
Besides that, how will you use your web apps on a plane? I guess you won't.
FYI in the last 12 months around 2.5 million Treo's were sold to consumers. A bit more than 500 000. I guess 5 times more people than you thought thinks the Treo comes close to what they want, and some of those probably want it to do even more.
- 07-17-2007, 03:17 PM #907
- 07-17-2007, 03:22 PM #908
Do people just make up numbers? It surely is impressive that the iPhone did 1/5 of Palm's whole business in one weekend, why the need to exaggerate past that? It will be interesting to see how long it takes Apple to sell 2.5 million iPhones.
- 07-17-2007, 03:23 PM #909
- 07-17-2007, 03:26 PM #910
- 07-17-2007, 03:42 PM #911
- 07-17-2007, 04:11 PM #912
- 07-17-2007, 04:16 PM #913
$7B in iPhones sales in 2007?...that's about 11M iPhones.
I can pretty much guaran-effing-tee you that is not going to happen this year.
And about 25M iPhones sold in 2008? Hmm...
Now if they are including the cut of service fees from AT&T, Vodafone/T-Mobile, etc., maybe that juices it a bit...but those number seem awful high.
Even the speculators are saying less:
- 07-17-2007, 04:17 PM #914
- 07-17-2007, 04:26 PM #916
- 07-17-2007, 04:32 PM #917
- 07-17-2007, 04:41 PM #918
- 07-17-2007, 06:53 PM #919
- 07-17-2007, 07:10 PM #920
- 07-17-2007, 10:03 PM #921
- 07-17-2007, 10:31 PM #922
- 07-18-2007, 10:08 AM #924
A) He's been offended and never wants to post here again
B) Someone hit too close to the mark and now he's too embarrassed to post here
C) He's hiding out in the PhoneDifferent forums
D) All of the above