10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I said I was not going to post anymore, but this one is too funny.

Elfreshcuh 07-03-2007 14:46

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iPHONE VIDEO MODE

How do I a make a Video?

Arne Anka 07-03-2007 15:01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you mean making a video with IPhone, I don't think its possible since it does not provide any video recording capabilities to my knowledge.

Elfreshcuh 07-03-2007 15:10

THATS GAY

Thank you
i spent good money on ********

dagomike 07-03-2007 15:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfreshcuh
THATS GAY

Thank you
i spent good money on ********

The cost for being an uninformed consumer is a 10% restock fee.

Enjoy...

GottaHaveNextel 07-03-2007 15:39

:werd: :lol:

Tikerz 07-03-2007 15:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagomike

Enjoy...

:lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

aLdaRiS652 07-03-2007 16:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfreshcuh
How do I a make a Video?

how do u mak ea video?, get a camera n filllllllmmmmm

xj911 07-03-2007 16:08

if you want to make a video with a phone, get an N95, otherwise why bother?

Arne Anka 07-03-2007 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagomike

You know some features you take for granted, since all other phones seems to have had them for the last 3 or 5 years. No wonder one can miss such thing (who have heard of a camera phone with no recording capabilities ??? ).

300psi 07-03-2007 17:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne Anka
all other phones seems to have had them for the last 3 or 5 years. No wonder one can miss such thing (who have heard of a camera phone with no recording capabilities ??? ).

Umm.. I can name several current phones without it and to say all other phones 5 years old had this feature puts you in the same uninformed category as the OP. :lol:

``J-O" 07-03-2007 17:28

might change with an update?

illution 07-03-2007 17:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ``J-O"
might change with an update?

even one of the worst phone in the world (RAZR) can do it.. come on iPhone you can do better than that

mike772 07-03-2007 17:39
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193294

:D :D

Surur

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
......(But kudos to you on raising you kids youself during the formative years...soon enough they will be too busy with their friends and the iPhone (3rd generation) to have time for their uncool parents ;-)........
This generation seems to like their parents. High school students use their cells to let their parents know where they are, who they are with, and what they are doing. College students use their cell phones to talk to their parents several times a day.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
whmurray

whmurray,

I'm glad if that is your experience, but I see kids everyday feel entitled to everything and manipulate their parents (or more accurately, the parents allow it).

Parents think the cell phone makes it easier to keep track of kids, but kids just use it to play the timeless game "I'll tell you I am going to x, when I am actually doing y".

College kids calling their parents several times a day? That's actually a little weird, unless it's just to ask for something $$$ related.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
This generation seems to like their parents. High school students use their cells to let their parents know where they are, who they are with, and what they are doing. College students use their cell phones to talk to their parents several times a day.
TRANSLATION: Your kids will never move out of your basement! :cry:

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
How about the $88 to replace your iPhone battery with a "3 day" turnaround?

Don't fret, they'll rent you an iPhone for $30 in the meantime :eek:

Apple launches battery replacement program for iPhone

eh, who am I kidding. People with iPhone will gladly pony up. This device is bullet proof.

That's when unlocked phones come into play. Pop out SIM and use in another phone for the 3 days. Screw the rental! I'd also reformat the phone before sending it in. PITA but keeping your info private is priority.

And no cell battery has been $88 before, usually $60 at the most! :thumbsdn: Nickel and dimers everywhere!! Not just Apple, I might add.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
TRANSLATION: Your kids will never move out of your basement! :cry:

LOL.

But they are better company than we were, not nearly so given to pouting, sulking, whining, and grudging one-word answers. You can actually have a conversation with them.

Am I the only one to notice this?

tirk

Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
LOL.

But they are better company than we were, not nearly so given to pouting, sulking, whining, and grudging one-word answers. You can actually have a conversation with them.

Am I the only one to notice this?

Not at all - mine are 17 & 22yo now, and really quite human :D

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Iphone crashes CONSTANTLY!!!

Another priceless thread.

bigmike20 07-03-2007 22:52

Iphone crashes CONSTANTLY!!!

The phone crashed on the second day I bought it on using Google Maps.
But since,it keeps on closing about most the applications:Ipod,Weather,Photos,Safari,Mails by bringing me back to the Home Screen.It does it the most when using the Ipod feature.It keeps on going back to the Home Screen again,and again,again...
I am wondering if I got a defective one or not.Is that a bug?
Should I return it?Is there like a Tech Support phone number I can call?Or maybe go straight to the Apple store I bought it at and hopefully get some help from a technician there?

It's just annoying when you are in the middle of doing something and the phone just shut down that application you are using,than you gotta start all over again.
Any help to my dilemma will be welcomed.
Anyone else experienced this?

mike772 07-03-2007 22:57

Go to the Apple Store, I have heard others got a swap right at the store.

sfernald 07-03-2007 23:04

I had this problem. Do a reboot will fix it. (sleep + home)

bigmike20 07-04-2007 00:42

Ok.I am gonna try to do that.Hopefully it will work.But am I gonna lose any data?

Sylar 07-04-2007 00:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike20
Ok.I am gonna try to do that.Hopefully it will work.But am I gonna lose any data?

Please report back once you do. I'm curious to see if this fixes your problem. Thanks. :)

jhan1102 07-04-2007 01:00

I was just at the Apple store.. and same thing with their iphone. I thought they timed it so next person can use it.

sfernald 07-04-2007 01:30

it worked for me. Safari and iPod were completely unstable. Didn't lose any data.

dustboo 07-04-2007 01:37

I have this problem constantly. Safari and iPod crash whenever I'm using them... I reset my iPhone several times a day, and it seems to help for a while, but it doesn't take long before safari crashes again.

I wish I lived near an apple store :[

mashoutposse 07-04-2007 03:26

Certain sites will "crash" Safari. There are threads here that I can't enter because it will close the browser within 20 seconds of loading. Hopefully this will see a final resolution through software update soon.

Megaman81 07-04-2007 03:36

HAHA! ROFLAMAO

I love it!!! All their hype about their Glorious MAC OSX being stable just went down the drain! I guess its not better then windows mobile after all! :)

farzonalmaneih 07-04-2007 03:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman81
HAHA! ROFLAMAO

I love it!!! All their hype about their Glorious MAC OSX being stable just went down the drain! I guess its not better then windows mobile after all! :)

It didn't crash!! It went to the home screen. That's a feature! :goodness:
;)

cliffr39 07-04-2007 03:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman81
HAHA! ROFLAMAO

lol
the device doesn't crash just that app. but now how many years has WM been out comparatively? and from that first one, how long did it take them to get stability? IMO a few years actually. It's to be expected with any new device.

xbox360gamer 07-04-2007 04:03

the sheer fact that my iPhone responds to my commands soooo much quicker than any WM phone I've used in the past outweighs the occasional Safari crashes here and there.

period.

kms-lai 07-04-2007 04:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360gamer
the sheer fact that my iPhone responds to my commands soooo much quicker than any WM phone I've used in the past outweighs the occasional Safari crashes here and there.

period.

actaully all the programs are already running in memory, that why it takes so long to boot and thats why your phone crashes constantly, it runs out of memory!. its like minimizing a window rather than closing it out completly. WM also can either minimize or close, if i minimize an application on my WM phone, i can switch back to it instantly like the iphone does.

cali_kid2k 07-04-2007 04:23

nah I don't believe that. I think it's snappier because it has a good speedy processor (some reports 624mhz some report overclocked to 700... who knows but it's faster then the normal 312 and 400 devices) and more memory (I'm sure it is using the 4gb or 8gb since the 4 only gives you 3.5 free instead of the normal 3.7 after formatting)

cliffr39 07-04-2007 04:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by x01HT
actaully all the programs are already running in memory, that why it takes so long to boot and thats why your phone crashes constantly, it runs out of memory!. its like minimizing a window rather than closing it out completly. WM also can either minimize or close, if i minimize an application on my WM phone, i can switch back to it instantly like the iphone does.

my phone crashes constantly? I said occasionally, not constantly.

re-read my post again.

cali_kid2k 07-04-2007 04:27

you can always "restore" the iPhone and load your data again via iTunes. That should cure any software problems you have.

kms-lai 07-04-2007 04:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali_kid2k
so there will be a totally new version of iphone out only 3 months after the launch of the first?

may be apple released the first one to test the market, and used ppl as lab rats, it seems the first version has too many problem, could be a rush job to get them out on the market.

kms

bigmike20 07-04-2007 05:01

I actually just Power Off the phone for like about 20 min.So far,everything seems working fine.Ipod seems to work without shutting down.

x01HT 07-04-2007 05:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffr39
nah I don't believe that. I think it's snappier because it has a good speedy processor (some reports 624mhz some report overclocked to 700... who knows but it's faster then the normal 312 and 400 devices) and more memory (I'm sure it is using the 4gb or 8gb since the 4 only gives you 3.5 free instead of the normal 3.7 after formatting)

no its a samsung Arm 11 core that runs at a MAX of 620mhz however since the iphone gets around 8hrs talk, i suspect the OS scales it down to probably 100mhz when either in standby or just playing music.

it will not run at 620mhz all the time just like any other phone or your batt life will be 2 hours

624MHz is an Xscale intel CPU, apple does not use intel at all in their phone.

CPU/Convergence chip is from samsung as well as the flash

hekidnappedher 07-04-2007 05:38

I had an issue where every time I would visit ESPN.com with safari about 20-30 seconds into into loading the site, safari would close to the home screen. After this happening about 5 times, I turned off my iPhone and turned it back on. It solved the issue for me. Hope this helps.
cali_kid2k 07-04-2007 07:55

ya i'm haveing this same problem when i'm usein maps it will go back to the home screen. if i'm useing ipod and safari at the same time even when i'm in google images the music will stop and it will eventually kick me back to the home screen. i'm going to exchange it any way tomorrow.

mongoos150 07-04-2007 20:53

Quote:

Takes about 8 seconds to boot. Same as many NORMAL phones, shorter than smartphones.

ninelife777 07-04-2007 20:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealest
ya i'm haveing this same problem when i'm usein maps it will go back to the home screen. if i'm useing ipod and safari at the same time even when i'm in google images the music will stop and it will eventually kick me back to the home screen. i'm going to exchange it any way tomorrow.

Have you tried "restore" the iPhone first in iTunes? Seems to be a software messed up. Might save you a trip to the Apple store.

raysins 07-05-2007 02:31

Phone Froze while using Maps and now Stuck on Apple screen

I purchased my iPhone Saturday and activation process was easy. Problem started when I set the Alarm. The Alarm did not go off because the phone froze and so I had to do a reset. Worked ok after that. That night I plugged it to the charger and when I woke up Phone was frozen again so , Again i had to reset (home key + power button, started up again but took a few minutes.
Today , I was using maps and in the middle of the search my phone froze and after doing reset, Phone is stuck at the apple screen. It's been over 4 hours and apple logo is still on phone. I was going to reinstall to manufacturer settings when I got home and since it is stuck at startup apple logo, Itunes will not recognize phone. I ran out of options. So unless any of you have any other Ideas, I will be exchanging it to the Apple store i purchased fro tommorrow.

wifinder 07-05-2007 03:29

I had this happen 5 times on 2 different iPhone displays at the Apple store today. I asked one of the sales people about it and he said that it was probably because lots of people were using it today and it got "junked up" and needs to be restarted. Not very encouraging that if I had one of these things I would have to constantly restart just so it doesn't keep jumping to back to the home screen. I was going to lookup this problem on google using the iMac right next to the iPhone, but it was totally locked up. I was going to restart it, but couldn't find the damn power button. So much for apple stuff being more stable than Windows/PC.

mongoos150 07-05-2007 03:38

Couldn't find the power button? Wow...

wifinder 07-05-2007 03:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoos150
Couldn't find the power button? Wow...

Your way of avoiding the fact that these things lock up I guess. I am not a Mac user, so where is it? I didn't see one on the front, right side, left side, top. I guess I should have just unplugged it.

mongoos150 07-05-2007 04:05

Its the only button on the top of the phone. The big black button. :rolleyes:

xbox360gamer 07-05-2007 04:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoos150
Its the only button on the top of the phone. The big black button. :rolleyes:

he was looking for the power button on the iMac. not the iPhone.

maybe you should stop rolling your eyes at this guy and double read his posts so you can keep your foot out of your mouth. :p

wifinder 07-05-2007 04:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360gamer
he was looking for the power button on the iMac. not the iPhone.

maybe you should stop rolling your eyes at this guy and double read his posts so you can keep your foot out of your mouth. :p

Exactly. Thank you.

I suppose the "I guess I should have just unplugged it" in my last post did not quite make it clear enough.

wifinder 07-05-2007 04:40

So where is the power button on the iMac anyway? :)

grdella 07-05-2007 05:09

mongoos150 07-05-2007 05:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifinder
Exactly. Thank you.

I suppose the "I guess I should have just unplugged it" in my last post did not quite make it clear enough.

Apologies for not understanding you were talking about the iMac - though the power button on the iMac isn't hard to find either. Rear left hand corner of the machine.

Devori 07-05-2007 06:37

Dont forget that this is a mini computer.. you can clear the history, cache and cookies!! try that before thinking its a buggy software..

sliaa 07-05-2007 06:56

Actually it DOES have Intel chips inside

The NOR flash memory that holds the program execution is from Intel.

Quote:
no its a samsung Arm 11 core that runs at a MAX of 620mhz however since the iphone gets around 8hrs talk, i suspect the OS scales it down to probably 100mhz when either in standby or just playing music.

it will not run at 620mhz all the time just like any other phone or your batt life will be 2 hours

624MHz is an Xscale intel CPU, apple does not use intel at all in their phone.

CPU/Convergence chip is from samsung as well as the flash

dre99gsx 07-05-2007 11:57

I held an iPhone at the apple store yesterday, was "stalled" halfway into loading a website. None of the keys worked, and the phone wouldn't turn off no matter what you did. Apple store guy said would just have to wait for the battery to die.
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193644

:D :D :D :eek: :D :p :eek: :)

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
million man march

I read over at Engadget that AT&T is claiming a million iPhone activations.

Assuming these are all retail and not online orders, someone please explain how they sold 250,000 every day for 4 days (I know, technically 4.25 days).

If Apple made $300-400M gross margin in 4 days, congrats and I will buy the stock. But this just smells of hyping.

It also would be the fastest selling $500+ device in the history of the world.

I call bull****, esp. given that you don't see many peole on the street with them.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
All their stores are sold out. I don't think its BS. Apple did a great job and others jumped to hype it. It's a nice looking phone.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
All their stores are sold out. I don't think its BS. Apple did a great job and others jumped to hype it. It's a nice looking phone.

Actually, I think it's bs...althought the source is a "blogger" with just posting info and no proof.

http://www.waitingforiphone.com/2007/07/05/att-activates-over-1-million-iphones/

This line had me puzzled:

“Apple has been a pain to work with,” the ATT source was quoted to say. “They were so secretive about the iPhone they only released the final activation API to us the day of the launch. Most people didn’t even know they were activating through ATT with iTunes and not through Apple.”

Now, bash Apple all you want, but they are not stupid. Anyone who has done software development, telecomm provisioning, etc. knows this statements is complete poppycock. It's called testing people, and telcos (and Apple), despite what you may think, do not release products without an end-to-end live test. API released that day? Highly, highly improbable.

I still say the million unit mark as of Tuesday is inflated. Someone wants to say the magic phrase "1 million in a week".

Apple made 10% of their gross margin for the year in 4 days? (compared to 2006; I know the final numbers for the year will push this number down).
I just can't make the math add up.

Maybe I need an RDF.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
LOL, just pull the battery out and put it back in. That'll reset it good.
Oh wait, what's that? You can't take the battery out? Hmm, I guess you have no way to reboot it then eh?

oh the sarcasm!!!

in all seriousness, you can reboot the device by a single push of a button.

regards

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site

Assuming these are all retail and not online orders, someone please explain how they sold 250,000 every day for 4 days (I know, technically 4.25 days).

If Apple made $300-400M gross margin in 4 days, congrats and I will buy the stock. But this just smells of hyping.

I call bull****, esp. given that you don't see many peole on the street with them.

500,00 units out of a US population of 300million? i could see why it might be tough to find people with them on the streets.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
...........Apple made 10% of their gross margin for the year in 4 days? (compared to 2006; I know the final numbers for the year will push this number down).

I just can't make the math add up.

Maybe I need an RDF.
The stock market seems to believe it. If one has a 100 shs of Apple stock, it has paid fof the iPhone this week.

shopharim

Feb 19, 2003
www.sottm.com

I guess the question is, what is an "activation"? If they are measured in hits to the activiation website, then 1M seems reasonable--recognizing that some people may have made multiple attempts. If they are saying there are 1M iphones active and in circulation, that is impressive.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
Phone Diva, i know you're smarter than this; don't believe everything you read in this silly thread.

if you ask any of us owners who post here will tell you that we still yet to experience a crash, or at least i'm fairly certain of it.

i'm not sure if it was your concern or not but navigating is simple once you learn the finger taps (they are posted on Apple's iPhone web page as are the instructionals/faq's, etc).

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox