Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 125126127128
Results 3,176 to 3,194 of 3194
    iPhone Nanite

I have to agree with this guy on #2. Not being able to attach a photo while already in email is very annoying. They need to add the camera icon in email, similar to MMS.
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

Come on, guys. After more than three years and three thousand posts to this thread, nothing, but nothing, ranks with the "steaming pile of failure." Many of the things that are early in the thread have been fixed but the one persistent problem is AT&T. Perhaps it is because I spent last week in San Francisco that I am so sensitive about this but it seems to me that everything else in this list is trivial by comparison.

Please, Apple, make the iPhone contract more like the iPad one. AT&T, please stop imposing arbitrary constraints on the applications of your service. Trust me when I tell you that I am a fan of GSM and resent the money that I spend with Verizon for those applications which you will not permit me to do on the service that I already pay you for.
    Last edited by whmurray; 03-07-2010 at 10:09 AM.
    Thanks for ending the exclusivity, Steve. it is about time.
    iPhone Intermediate

I got the 3GS when it first came out and here is my top ten list in no particular order

-call failed
    -could not activate cellular network
    -phone reads full 3G signal but it is connecting to AT&T's network as well as a iPod touch
    -"Searching..." status
    -"No Service" status
    -static voice quality
    -getting yelled at boss, gf, etc because they called 7 times but I didn't get a call
    -inconsistent service- it will work like in the ads, followed by nothing for 30 minutes
    -spending 45 minutes at home trying to look at CNN's front page or making a call because the network does not work
    -paying $65/month for a device that should be called the "iP--n-", not "iPhone"

-and a bonus reason- waiting for the Nexus one on Verizon to come out so I can get a phone that works.
    iPhone Newbie

Default One button

Instead of using the one, big, round button, I wish there was a software way to get to Home and Favorites. I've already had to replace my iPhone when the button began working inconsistently.
    iPhone Newbie

Default Finding a contact

It is too difficult to find someone in Contacts. In the letters index, you have to try to touch a tiny letter then scroll over and over to get to the contact you want. Or, you drag your finger up and down the letters index trying to find your contact. You can open up the Contacts search, but that means you have to manage to touch the tiny question mark at the top of the letters index without hitting the big "+" sign. Then you have to touch in the search field and wait for the keyboard to display.

I would like the Contacts search field and the keyboard to be displayed by default. You should be able to scroll the contacts that are displayed between the Contacts search field and the keyboard.
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Najjar View Post
    It is too difficult to find someone in Contacts. In the letters index, you have to try to touch a tiny letter then scroll over and over to get to the contact you want. Or, you drag your finger up and down the letters index trying to find your contact. You can open up the Contacts search, but that means you have to manage to touch the tiny question mark at the top of the letters index without hitting the big "+" sign. Then you have to touch in the search field and wait for the keyboard to display.

I would like the Contacts search field and the keyboard to be displayed by default. You should be able to scroll the contacts that are displayed between the Contacts search field and the keyboard.
    No longer true. Use the "Search iPhone" function. Press the home key twice.
    iPhone Pro

Quote Originally Posted by thinkTwice View Post
    I got the 3GS when it first came out and here is my top ten list in no particular order

-call failed
    -phone reads full 3G signal but it is connecting to AT&T's network as well as a iPod touch
    -"Searching..." status
    -"No Service" status
    -static voice quality
    -getting yelled at boss, gf, etc because they called 7 times but I didn't get a call
    -inconsistent service- it will work like in the ads, followed by nothing for 30 minutes
    -spending 45 minutes at home trying to look at CNN's front page or making a call because the network does not work

-and a bonus reason- waiting for the Nexus one on Verizon to come out so I can get a phone that works.
    Funny I have had none of those issues. And just how does the iPod touch that has no radio tuner connect to the network at all? I dropped my first call just the other day compared to the 2 or 3 I would drop a week with my BB.
    @SinCityMac on twitter
    Hardware: iPhone 4S 16gig black
    Macbook Pro
    iPad Mini 16gig wi-fi
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thinkTwice View Post

-call failed
    -"Searching..." status
    -"No Service" status
    -static voice quality

These look to me like carrier (AT&T) not hardware (Apple) problems. No carrier provides uniform service across all markets and locations. By reputation, it is fair to conclude that where AT&T is bad, it is very very bad.

Service in the two or three locations in which one spends most of one's time trumps everything. If AT&T service is bad in your area, you will not be happy with an iPhone.

(There is a solution, the micro-cell, but it is not, and may never be, generally available.)

(I use a Verizon MiFi to reduce my reliance on AT&T. However, this is a limited and expensive solution to what is a fundamental carrier limitation.)
    iPhone Pro

Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    These look to me like carrier (AT&T) not hardware (Apple) problems. No carrier provides uniform service across all markets and locations. By reputation, it is fair to conclude that where AT&T is bad, it is very very bad.

Service in the two or three locations in which one spends most of one's time trumps everything. If AT&T service is bad in your area, you will not be happy with an iPhone.

(There is a solution, the micro-cell, but it is not, and may never be, generally available.)

(I use a Verizon MiFi to reduce my reliance on AT&T. However, this is a limited and expensive solution to what is a fundamental carrier limitation.)
    Yeah that is pretty much the whole story right there. If I lived in a place that had bad ATT coverage I don't think that I would have gone with the iPhone. Then again my Berry was on ATT and I can't stand VZW,Sprint or TMO so I guess I would have just been out of luck. I have a friend in SF who uses a Cell booster in his house and says that has solved all of his issues with bad coverage, they are expensive but they can help.
    @SinCityMac on twitter
    Macbook Pro
    iPad Mini 16gig wi-fi
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iquinn View Post
    Yeah that is pretty much the whole story right there. If I lived in a place that had bad ATT coverage I don't think that I would have gone with the iPhone. Then again my Berry was on ATT and I can't stand VZW,Sprint or TMO so I guess I would have just been out of luck. I have a friend in SF who uses a Cell booster in his house and says that has solved all of his issues with bad coverage, they are expensive but they can help.
    I forgot cell boosters as a partial solution. They may help with voice calls, even in SF. I doubt that they will help with data. I had 5 bars and the 3G indicator in SF and still could not do data apps.

Can you say local coverage, fast three times.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts

No LED - that's all I've found so far lol
    iPhone Pro

Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    I forgot cell boosters as a partial solution. They may help with voice calls, even in SF. I doubt that they will help with data. I had 5 bars and the 3G indicator in SF and still could not do data apps.

Can you say local coverage, fast three times.
    No they do not help with data as far as I know, but most people have wi-fi set up at home so I am not sure that it is that big of a deal to not have 3G in the house.
    @SinCityMac on twitter
    Macbook Pro
    iPad Mini 16gig wi-fi
    mc2
    iPhone Nanite

Default Sooo true

This guy really nailed it! Add to that list the fact that you have to laboriously untick videos and tunes you want to remove from the phone when you sync. And you can't make the contacts update only from Mac to phone...!
    But the most annoying feature is the non operative video output to TV or recorder! Why?
    iPhone Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mc2 View Post
    This guy really nailed it! Add to that list the fact that you have to laboriously untick videos and tunes you want to remove from the phone when you sync. And you can't make the contacts update only from Mac to phone...!
    But the most annoying feature is the non operative video output to TV or recorder! Why?
    You really find it that much of a chore to check and uncheck music and videos? I have never really had much of an issue with it, but I guess I could see that as being a drawback. Then again the iPods all work the same way so I guess if you don't like that then really your issue is with iTunes not the iPhone as far as that goes. And what are you talking about with the contacts? I update from my Mac contacts all the time.
    @SinCityMac on twitter
    Macbook Pro
    iPad Mini 16gig wi-fi
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mc2 View Post
    One of the problems that results when the vendor gives you choices, for example what songs or apps to load, is that one must exercise the choice. In this case, for every one who complains about having to exercise this choice, there would be as many complaining if there were no control.
    Last edited by whmurray; 03-17-2010 at 08:56 PM.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Makes good reading.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Default Re: 10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

After 128 pages of reading - manufacturers can make pefect phone!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,248 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default 10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Quote Originally Posted by Areplat View Post
    Why are u reviving so many old and dead threads!? And ur comments make NO sense.

Global Posts
    11,881 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: 10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Quote Originally Posted by Areplat View Post
    Enough already with reviving zombie threads...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 125126127128