Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 125126127128
Results 3,176 to 3,194 of 3194
  1. #3176  
    Hauser3's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    8 Posts

    Default

    I have to agree with this guy on #2. Not being able to attach a photo while already in email is very annoying. They need to add the camera icon in email, similar to MMS.
  2. #3177  
    whmurray's Avatar
    iPhone Guru

    Posts
    1,739 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

    Default

    Come on, guys. After more than three years and three thousand posts to this thread, nothing, but nothing, ranks with the "steaming pile of failure." Many of the things that are early in the thread have been fixed but the one persistent problem is AT&T. Perhaps it is because I spent last week in San Francisco that I am so sensitive about this but it seems to me that everything else in this list is trivial by comparison.

    Please, Apple, make the iPhone contract more like the iPad one. AT&T, please stop imposing arbitrary constraints on the applications of your service. Trust me when I tell you that I am a fan of GSM and resent the money that I spend with Verizon for those applications which you will not permit me to do on the service that I already pay you for.
    Last edited by whmurray; 03-07-2010 at 10:09 AM.
    Thanks for ending the exclusivity, Steve. it is about time.
  3. #3178  
    thinkTwice's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    290 Posts

    Default

    I got the 3GS when it first came out and here is my top ten list in no particular order

    -call failed
    -could not activate cellular network
    -phone reads full 3G signal but it is connecting to AT&T's network as well as a iPod touch
    -"Searching..." status
    -"No Service" status
    -static voice quality
    -getting yelled at boss, gf, etc because they called 7 times but I didn't get a call
    -inconsistent service- it will work like in the ads, followed by nothing for 30 minutes
    -spending 45 minutes at home trying to look at CNN's front page or making a call because the network does not work
    -paying $65/month for a device that should be called the "iP--n-", not "iPhone"

    -and a bonus reason- waiting for the Nexus one on Verizon to come out so I can get a phone that works.
  4. #3179  
    Lawrence Najjar's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts

    Default One button

    Instead of using the one, big, round button, I wish there was a software way to get to Home and Favorites. I've already had to replace my iPhone when the button began working inconsistently.
  5. #3180  
    Lawrence Najjar's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts

    Default Finding a contact

    It is too difficult to find someone in Contacts. In the letters index, you have to try to touch a tiny letter then scroll over and over to get to the contact you want. Or, you drag your finger up and down the letters index trying to find your contact. You can open up the Contacts search, but that means you have to manage to touch the tiny question mark at the top of the letters index without hitting the big "+" sign. Then you have to touch in the search field and wait for the keyboard to display.

    I would like the Contacts search field and the keyboard to be displayed by default. You should be able to scroll the contacts that are displayed between the Contacts search field and the keyboard.
  6. #3181  
    whmurray's Avatar
    iPhone Guru

    Posts
    1,739 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Najjar View Post
    It is too difficult to find someone in Contacts. In the letters index, you have to try to touch a tiny letter then scroll over and over to get to the contact you want. Or, you drag your finger up and down the letters index trying to find your contact. You can open up the Contacts search, but that means you have to manage to touch the tiny question mark at the top of the letters index without hitting the big "+" sign. Then you have to touch in the search field and wait for the keyboard to display.

    I would like the Contacts search field and the keyboard to be displayed by default. You should be able to scroll the contacts that are displayed between the Contacts search field and the keyboard.
    No longer true. Use the "Search iPhone" function. Press the home key twice.
    Thanks for ending the exclusivity, Steve. it is about time.
  7. #3182  
    iquinn's Avatar
    iPhone Pro

    Posts
    532 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thinkTwice View Post
    I got the 3GS when it first came out and here is my top ten list in no particular order

    -call failed
    -could not activate cellular network
    -phone reads full 3G signal but it is connecting to AT&T's network as well as a iPod touch
    -"Searching..." status
    -"No Service" status
    -static voice quality
    -getting yelled at boss, gf, etc because they called 7 times but I didn't get a call
    -inconsistent service- it will work like in the ads, followed by nothing for 30 minutes
    -spending 45 minutes at home trying to look at CNN's front page or making a call because the network does not work
    -paying $65/month for a device that should be called the "iP--n-", not "iPhone"

    -and a bonus reason- waiting for the Nexus one on Verizon to come out so I can get a phone that works.
    Funny I have had none of those issues. And just how does the iPod touch that has no radio tuner connect to the network at all? I dropped my first call just the other day compared to the 2 or 3 I would drop a week with my BB.
    @SinCityMac on twitter
    Hardware: iPhone 4S 16gig black
    Macbook Pro
    iPad Mini 16gig wi-fi
  8. #3183  
    whmurray's Avatar
    iPhone Guru

    Posts
    1,739 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thinkTwice View Post
    I got the 3GS when it first came out and here is my top ten list in no particular order

    -call failed
    -could not activate cellular network
    -phone reads full 3G signal but it is connecting to AT&T's network as well as a iPod touch
    -"Searching..." status
    -"No Service" status
    -static voice quality
    -getting yelled at boss, gf, etc because they called 7 times but I didn't get a call
    -inconsistent service- it will work like in the ads, followed by nothing for 30 minutes
    -spending 45 minutes at home trying to look at CNN's front page or making a call because the network does not work
    -paying $65/month for a device that should be called the "iP--n-", not "iPhone"

    -and a bonus reason- waiting for the Nexus one on Verizon to come out so I can get a phone that works.
    These look to me like carrier (AT&T) not hardware (Apple) problems. No carrier provides uniform service across all markets and locations. By reputation, it is fair to conclude that where AT&T is bad, it is very very bad.

    Service in the two or three locations in which one spends most of one's time trumps everything. If AT&T service is bad in your area, you will not be happy with an iPhone.

    (There is a solution, the micro-cell, but it is not, and may never be, generally available.)

    (I use a Verizon MiFi to reduce my reliance on AT&T. However, this is a limited and expensive solution to what is a fundamental carrier limitation.)
    Thanks for ending the exclusivity, Steve. it is about time.
  9. #3184  
    iquinn's Avatar
    iPhone Pro

    Posts
    532 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    These look to me like carrier (AT&T) not hardware (Apple) problems. No carrier provides uniform service across all markets and locations. By reputation, it is fair to conclude that where AT&T is bad, it is very very bad.

    Service in the two or three locations in which one spends most of one's time trumps everything. If AT&T service is bad in your area, you will not be happy with an iPhone.

    (There is a solution, the micro-cell, but it is not, and may never be, generally available.)

    (I use a Verizon MiFi to reduce my reliance on AT&T. However, this is a limited and expensive solution to what is a fundamental carrier limitation.)
    Yeah that is pretty much the whole story right there. If I lived in a place that had bad ATT coverage I don't think that I would have gone with the iPhone. Then again my Berry was on ATT and I can't stand VZW,Sprint or TMO so I guess I would have just been out of luck. I have a friend in SF who uses a Cell booster in his house and says that has solved all of his issues with bad coverage, they are expensive but they can help.
    @SinCityMac on twitter
    Hardware: iPhone 4S 16gig black
    Macbook Pro
    iPad Mini 16gig wi-fi
  10. #3185  
    whmurray's Avatar
    iPhone Guru

    Posts
    1,739 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iquinn View Post
    Yeah that is pretty much the whole story right there. If I lived in a place that had bad ATT coverage I don't think that I would have gone with the iPhone. Then again my Berry was on ATT and I can't stand VZW,Sprint or TMO so I guess I would have just been out of luck. I have a friend in SF who uses a Cell booster in his house and says that has solved all of his issues with bad coverage, they are expensive but they can help.
    I forgot cell boosters as a partial solution. They may help with voice calls, even in SF. I doubt that they will help with data. I had 5 bars and the 3G indicator in SF and still could not do data apps.

    Can you say local coverage, fast three times.
    Thanks for ending the exclusivity, Steve. it is about time.
  11. #3186  
    Speedv1's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts

    Default

    No LED - that's all I've found so far lol
  12. #3187  
    iquinn's Avatar
    iPhone Pro

    Posts
    532 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    I forgot cell boosters as a partial solution. They may help with voice calls, even in SF. I doubt that they will help with data. I had 5 bars and the 3G indicator in SF and still could not do data apps.

    Can you say local coverage, fast three times.
    No they do not help with data as far as I know, but most people have wi-fi set up at home so I am not sure that it is that big of a deal to not have 3G in the house.
    @SinCityMac on twitter
    Hardware: iPhone 4S 16gig black
    Macbook Pro
    iPad Mini 16gig wi-fi
  13. #3188  
    mc2
    mc2 is offline
    mc2's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts

    Default Sooo true

    This guy really nailed it! Add to that list the fact that you have to laboriously untick videos and tunes you want to remove from the phone when you sync. And you can't make the contacts update only from Mac to phone...!
    But the most annoying feature is the non operative video output to TV or recorder! Why?
  14. #3189  
    iquinn's Avatar
    iPhone Pro

    Posts
    532 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mc2 View Post
    This guy really nailed it! Add to that list the fact that you have to laboriously untick videos and tunes you want to remove from the phone when you sync. And you can't make the contacts update only from Mac to phone...!
    But the most annoying feature is the non operative video output to TV or recorder! Why?
    You really find it that much of a chore to check and uncheck music and videos? I have never really had much of an issue with it, but I guess I could see that as being a drawback. Then again the iPods all work the same way so I guess if you don't like that then really your issue is with iTunes not the iPhone as far as that goes. And what are you talking about with the contacts? I update from my Mac contacts all the time.
    @SinCityMac on twitter
    Hardware: iPhone 4S 16gig black
    Macbook Pro
    iPad Mini 16gig wi-fi
  15. #3190  
    whmurray's Avatar
    iPhone Guru

    Posts
    1,739 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mc2 View Post
    This guy really nailed it! Add to that list the fact that you have to laboriously untick videos and tunes you want to remove from the phone when you sync. And you can't make the contacts update only from Mac to phone...!
    But the most annoying feature is the non operative video output to TV or recorder! Why?
    One of the problems that results when the vendor gives you choices, for example what songs or apps to load, is that one must exercise the choice. In this case, for every one who complains about having to exercise this choice, there would be as many complaining if there were no control.
    Last edited by whmurray; 03-17-2010 at 08:56 PM.
    Thanks for ending the exclusivity, Steve. it is about time.
  16. #3191  
    Spiritinthesky's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

    Default

    Makes good reading.
  17. #3192  
    Areplat's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

    Default Re: 10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

    After 128 pages of reading - manufacturers can make pefect phone!
  18. #3193  
    rdiddy_25's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,438 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,248 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

    Default 10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

    Quote Originally Posted by Areplat View Post
    After 128 pages of reading - manufacturers can make pefect phone!
    Why are u reviving so many old and dead threads!? And ur comments make NO sense.
  19. #3194  
    kch50428's Avatar

    Posts
    11,000 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,881 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0

    Default Re: 10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

    Quote Originally Posted by Areplat View Post
    After 128 pages of reading - manufacturers can make pefect phone!
    Enough already with reviving zombie threads...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 125126127128

Posting Permissions