10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
If it's the best keyboard, that's fine. I am curious which devices you have used to make the comparison.

Every treo ever made, 8125, Tytn, blackberry curve, pearl, 7100, 8700, nokia e70, e61

I have used an iPhone extensively; I'm not sure what sites you visit, but "full" sites require quite a bit of "zooming and moving".

I only visit full sites, All I do is double tap the screen, and it fits the text in perfectly. Only scrolling I do is up and down. You did know your iPhone can do that, right?

If it works great for you, that's great. I just notice that the plane/angle at which you hold the iPhone affects how the accelerometer works. Unless you are at the proper angle, you can get into "flip-flop" land, where you are turning the iPhone like one of those snow globes to get the orientation to switch.

I turn it on it's side and it goes horizontal. I put it back upright, and it switches back vertical. Never get the "snow globe" thing you talk about.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
I'm basing it on comments on this and other forums. Some people did this (like you; replace smartphone with iPhone).

Your using forum posts to gather data on amount of people satisfied with switching from a blackberry to an iPhone. Thats almost as lame as going to an apple store to check on iPhone sales.

Oh wait.......
Oh, and if you want another Apple Store visit story....was there yesterday....plenty of iPhones on display. One person getting the feature review from staff. Spent nearly 30 min with her, very helpful. It was all good until she said, I need to go to go overseas next month, and they explained she would need to use ATT intl roaming. You could almost hear her face sag (because she was used to swapping SIMs out).

I really hope they are selling more online or at ATT stores.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I am having deja vu. Did we not have this conversation already a few hunderd post ago?

Surur
I agree. I am getting a little tired of he-said/she-said. If we haven't resolved it yet, we are not likely to. Can we get back to substance? Is there any?

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Ok aside from one graph comparing multimedia capabilities and a moment in the keynote comparing keyboards, what other marketing is Apple doing to sell this as a smartphone or a business phone? The prominent TV ads show media use, phone use and google maps. There's hardly even a mention of email let alone any other business apps. So aside from the two instances you have, which i believe you are taking out of context, what else is there? With all the TV ads that Apple has bought why aren't they pushing the iPhone as a business phone in any of them?

Because on TV, to sell to the general public, glossy and cool will sell more than pushing "boring" business functions! Apple doesn't do boring.

Apple wants EVERYONE to buy this phone. For both business and pleasure. They used the smartphone comparisons for those who actually check and compare specs online. And the cool factor for everyone else, like on the TV ads. The smartphone comparisons are also hints that iPhone is better than the specs of a smartphone.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Are you selling your Curve? :D

No. I like to collect old devices. The curve is by far my second favorite device right now. I actually like the BB OS a lot. What other OS makes it so easy to switch the size and style of fonts. If the BB had a large hi-rez screen like the iPhone, it what be difficult not to use it as my primary device.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Every treo ever made, 8125, Tytn, blackberry curve, pearl, 7100, 8700, nokia e70, e61

I only visit full sites, All I do is double tap the screen, and it fits the text in perfectly. Only scrolling I do is up and down. You did know your iPhone can do that, right?

I turn it on it's side and it goes horizontal. I put it back upright, and it switches back vertical. Never get the "snow globe" thing you talk about.

That is quite a few devices.

Yep, I know the iPhone can do that. I guess the sites you view work well.

Glad no snow globe for you; again, the plane/angle makes a difference, but I supposed it varies depending on how you how the device.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Your using forum posts to gather data on amount of people satisfied with switching from a blackberry to an iPhone. Thats almost as lame as going to an apple store to check on iPhone sales.

Oh wait.......

If that method is lame (implying the data is lame), then your posts, which are BB to iPhone, are therefore lame?

I guess many would agree.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
I dont remember the comparison, i'll have to go back and look. But if the comparison was simply the email interface then i have to disagree with you.

Here ya go:

""It connects to any POP3 or IMAP email -- Yahoo Mail, MS Exchange, Mac Mail... POP3: Gmail, AOL mail, and most ISPs... let's highlight one, Yahoo mail. Today we are announcing Yahoo will offer free push-IMAP email to iPhone customers. This isn't just IMAP, this is push-email, same as a BlackBerry."

Not the interface - the function compared to BB.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
No. I like to collect old devices. The curve is by far my second favorite device right now. I actually like the BB OS a lot. What other OS makes it so easy to switch the size and style of fonts. If the BB had a large hi-rez screen like the iPhone, it what be difficult not to use it as my primary device.

Of course it would need that browser that does full sites too....

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
That is quite a few devices.

Yep, I know the iPhone can do that. I guess the sites you view work well.

Glad no snow globe for you; again, the plane/angle makes a difference, but I supposed it varies depending on how you how the device.

I support all mobile devices for my company. Thus my user name.

What sites are you having problems with? I would like to try them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR