- 08-06-2007, 02:32 PM #2551
- 08-06-2007, 02:40 PM #2552
You also can avoid almost everything you posted about by not going to the horizontal mode. I prefer to browse vertically, and can be handled very well with one hand. Give it a go and try an actual device out Mike. You might like it.
- 08-06-2007, 02:43 PM #2553
Expected content of the next 15 posts :
mikec: are you sure you have an iPhone?
- 08-06-2007, 02:44 PM #2554
If it works for you, fine. I just find it a little too "interactive". And yes, i still stand by my statement that one-handed use of the iPhone is not the wonderful nirvana you make it out to be.
- 08-06-2007, 02:46 PM #2555
I dunno; maybe your experience has been different than mine, but I haven't had any problems using the iphone 1 handed. I'd say 1 handed thumb typing is actually easier on the iphone than it was on the treo, due to the extra space beneath the bottom of the virtual keyboard.
- 08-06-2007, 02:48 PM #2556
- 08-06-2007, 02:49 PM #2557
But you responded to my post without acknowledging you were wrong aboout what Mike had said, and since my post you continue to say he is a liar. You really have lost it here dude, you were caught saying an untruth (I'm not saying you were lying) but you continue to call mikec's opinions lies. Give up calling him a liar. You may disagree but he's not lying.
- 08-06-2007, 02:50 PM #2558
- 08-06-2007, 02:53 PM #2559
MikeC is lying because he is posting things here that are not true. I have no idea about the rest of your paragraph because it is kind of unreadable.
- 08-06-2007, 03:02 PM #2560
- 08-06-2007, 03:06 PM #2561
No you said...I did try it out and personally, I don't see how you really can effectively use the iPhone with one hand most of the time.
- 08-06-2007, 03:06 PM #2562
Show me the threads where I say, I personally, must have a higher resolution on my device.
The only thing I can think of is my disappointment with the Mogul as I thought if it were to be really a huge improvement, they should have put in a higher resolution screen (although they did improve the quality and brightness). Just like it would have been nice to have GPS too. I don't want a Mogul though due to form-factor, not because of the screen. I never had an intention of getting one.
If I really wanted a high resolution device and it was important or a priority for me, I would simply use my Moto Q or 6700 or even my 650 (the Moto Q screen, btw, is brilliant looking). It's not so I use my 700wx.
But prove me otherwise.
- 08-06-2007, 03:10 PM #2563
- 08-06-2007, 03:16 PM #2564
Lets reword your statement:
some threads you claim you want higher resolution
some threads I claim I want a higher resolution.
And what threads?
How is it "strange"? You are implying I contradict myself. Complete your argument.
Then there's that part about me saying "it doesn't really matter", which is only part of it:
For myself, resolution is not a huge deal. Higher is nicer but it really comes down to what you use the device for: media/entertainment or email/business/PIM.
- 08-06-2007, 03:17 PM #2565
Now, I don't know how old you are but I'm planning on not contorting my hands in yet another inconvenient way lest I harm the already shaky health of my hands just to prove I can use a device made for two handed use with one hand. Plus it sounds like dropping the phone while trying top hold it and pinch one-handed might be easily done. I'd just be safe an use two hands, no big deal most of the time.
Now, to address a larger issue, you can definitely say someone is wrong but calling someone a liar seems rather over the edge. You may think mikec is full of **** and that's your right, but you seem to be very antagonistic and it really seems unwarranted.
**** You are a very troubled person BTW. Get some help
- 08-06-2007, 03:20 PM #2566
- 08-06-2007, 03:22 PM #2567
- 08-06-2007, 03:29 PM #2568
- 08-06-2007, 03:34 PM #2569
So is it about time for the Mods to lock this thread down? The last 30 pages have been nothing but a pissing contest between a few people, with the occasional additional quote from Surur as if nothing else was going on. I enjoyed the humor of it for awhile, but there's only so much of calling each other a lier back and forth before it gets really old.
- 08-06-2007, 03:38 PM #2570
(1) How is my rewording incorrect? Did I ever attribute a quote to you or did I paraphrase?
(2) What then was your original intent of the statement? To prove what?
(3) What threads are you referring to anyways?
(4) What devices are we talking about?
(5) Why is it strange?
Finally, how do these statements differ:
"some threads you claim you want higher resolution"
some threads I claim I want a higher resolution.
So which threads do "I claim I want a higher resolution"?
As far as rewording, take your own advice then:
Show me that one.
- 08-06-2007, 03:40 PM #2571
Edit*. Mal, look back about five or six pages ago. I quoted you in there, and asked for your reasoning. You never responded. Its the same thing I'm asking now.
- 08-06-2007, 03:57 PM #2572
(1) You found one thread. Singular not plural.
(2) I was critiquing the Kaiser, not my current device
(3) I make no mention of me wanting higher resolution for myself, just a critique of the Kaiser (It's GSM after all and I'm Sprint).
I think it's safe to say, Mobileman was, if not lying, certainly reading into things and forcing his own interpretation.
Yes, higher resolution screens are nice. No, for myself, they are not a priority. If they were, as I maintained, I would use my higher-rez 6700, 650 or Moto Q.
- 08-06-2007, 04:01 PM #2573
1. You claim that higher resolutions dont really matter on cell phones.
2. I see in a different thread, you previewed the Kaiser and claimed you would like to see a higher resolution.
These two things clearly contradict each other. So call me a liar, all you want Mally, but your own words contradict.
EDIT*. I also find it funny that you claim I edited your quote to fit my point, but you just make up a quote and claim it was from me. Funny stuff Mally.
- 08-06-2007, 04:05 PM #2574
Higher resolutions may not matter on a cel phone, but when looking at a device and weighing the costs and placement in the market, I might demand a high-res screen on a $600 phone and be very happy with a much smaller screen on something that costs $100. Context.
- 08-06-2007, 04:10 PM #2575
How is that contradictory?
(1) Resolution for myself, not a big deal. The fact I use a 240x240 device attests to this statement.
(2) Higher resolution is nice, but it's up to the users vs. their needs
Yes, most cell phones i.e. from the razrs up to some smart-devices, don't need that a high resolution. It's nice, but for just reading email and PIM, not huge.
But for an entertainment device ala iPhone, higher resolution is more relevant.
Continue to defend...