10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxtg

Jun 7, 2004
Visit site
But really how many phones today don't have email and MMS might be a hold over of tech that is and should be put out to pasture, IE the floppy drive or the ONE BUTTON MOUSE :)

Never use SMS either. My business connections might be a little behind the curve but I tend not to have a lot to SMS or IM with Paris Hilton and her crowd that tend to use this a lot.

Possibly a hold over, but until they have evdo or 3g in most/all markets, the SMS/MMS is much better than missing calls due to push/pull of email.

Funny how sprint takes a beating for their implementation of it and apparently the iphone doesn't even need it.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Mine will announce a missed call, email or SMS...

lol, actually it is a fair question in this sense...

If you miss an email, call or have a VM, what are the options for repeat notifications? Obviously there is no "visual" notifications if the device is off (LED), so I suppose you just have to turn it on (unlock?) and look every time?

Can any of the iPhoners clarify how this works?

Vibrates and or will play a sound. When you wake it it will show a message of the missed message before you have to unlock it.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
But really how many phones today don't have email and MMS might be a hold over of tech that is and should be put out to pasture, IE the floppy drive or the ONE BUTTON MOUSE :)

Never use SMS either. My business connections might be a little behind the curve but I tend not to have a lot to SMS or IM with Paris Hilton and her crowd that tend to use this a lot.
In principal, I'm with you.

I don't use SMS that much and I think MMS is kind of lame. But I am always blown away from hearing from people who text 1,500 message a month or more. I've always had the distinct notion I am in the minority on SMS/MMS.

I'm sure as these devices become more "smartphone-ish" we will see more device-loaded email. But I think that's still a couple years off though even with the iPhone given that market a nice boost.

sxtg

Jun 7, 2004
Visit site
I believe if you add on the hardware that Macs come with standard to a PC the price would be comparable.

At least in the past the systems I have looked at have been that way. Your mileage may differ.

A usb port? Or do they even still have those?

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Vibrates and or will play a sound. When you wake it it will show a message of the missed message before you have to unlock it.
So it repeats those notifications? How often and is it configurable? I'm just curious. I now remember seeing the "wakeup" screen showing a missed call.
Not to mention EXTREMELY innovative!! Wake up palm!! :rolleyes:
Maybe. On WM devices, there tend to be LEDs that blink for missed messages and we all get a Notification popup for missed calls, VM, email, etc.

I'd actually say Sling's TA is more innovative than Apple as they have that app down so that an LED blinks one color for email, one for SMS, one for VM and at different rates. But that's they benny of 3rd party development ;-)

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Quite relevant then.

MDesigner
Damn.. a light-up LED would've been so simple

It would be nice to have a flashing LED to alert you to a new event (missed call, appointment, SMS, etc) That small rounded square on the home button would've been perfect. Or for those who like the "ooh, ahh" factor, maybe the whole outer edge around the whole phone could light up.

I guess we'll have to wait till iPhone v2.

iphonelightupxo0.jpg
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1191989

For Apple LED's are obviously so 2006...

Surur

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Quite relevant then.

For Apple LED's are obviously so 2006...

Surur
Well, I can't keep my damn hands off this thing, so I dont' need a bugging light or beep to let me know I missed a call. I'll be turning it on to play with it in the next few minutes anyway, and will see the message. :D

Slingbox

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
Well, I can't keep my damn hands off this thing, so I dont' need a bugging light or beep to let me know I missed a call. I'll be turning it on to play with it in the next few minutes anyway, and will see the message. :D
1)Wont that take away from battery life having to turn on device to check to see if there are pendings all the time?

2)How much does it cost to replace the iPhone batt and how long must you go without your iphone for apple to replace??

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Right, but after a few months and it's just another phone to use in your everyday life, sometimes having a blinking LED to alert you to a new message, etc. is quite convenient especially when docked. I'm not saying it's a must have, but I happen to like that idea.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Safari crashes seem to be fairly common. Are our iPhone friends really not experiencing them?

safari kicks me out

today i was on safari all day. the iphone was getting pretty hot. this was expected. but as i was on ebay, safari kicked me out (i was on home screen). this was about 3 hours of using safari. i thought maybe i somehow hit the home button without noticing. so i went back on safari and proceeded browsing the internet. about 5 mins later, it kicked me off again (again home).

could this be like a fail safe feature? the iphone was getting pretty hot. i was on safari for like 3 1/2 hours maybe 4 hours straight. or is something wrong with my iphone?

--------------------

That was safari crashing ....

When applications crash, it puts you back on the home screen.

----------------------------

Safari keeps kicking me out after about 10 minutes everytime. Is anyone else having this problem?

--------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanksbaby
Safari keeps kicking me out after about 10 minutes everytime. Is anyone else having this problem?

yup, right here too.

I turned my phone and turned it back on and it hasn't done it since. I'm hoping it's a fluke and nothing more.

--------------------------

Leave your phone turn off for about 10-15 mins good Luck!

---------------------

two browser windows opened at once ALWAYS crashes me out. every single time.

anyone else?
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1191656

Must be all those third party web pages causing the problem.

Surur

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
In principal, I'm with you.

I don't use SMS that much and I think MMS is kind of lame. But I am always blown away from hearing from people who text 1,500 message a month or more. I've always had the distinct notion I am in the minority on SMS/MMS.

I'm sure as these devices become more "smartphone-ish" we will see more device-loaded email. But I think that's still a couple years off though even with the iPhone given that market a nice boost.

I use text a LOT. It's easier and faster than email many times. Although email is still more professional in some cases.

sxtg

Jun 7, 2004
Visit site
Right, but after a few months and it's just another phone to use in your everyday life, sometimes having a blinking LED to alert you to a new message, etc. is quite convenient especially when docked. I'm not saying it's a must have, but I happen to like that idea.

A few months? What do you think will keep them busy that long? You can only manipulate the "robust" calendar so many times. The UI while playing with the web will wear off by the end of the week then it will be a source of info.

Maybe apple will give em a-feature-a-week to live up to the support claims and keep the public intereested till version 2

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Jesus people I was kidding about the LED/turning the phone on to check messages. :eek:

Touchy crowd, no? Ya'll are running an awfully strong offense here...nervous someone else will like it and say it's better than your device or something??

I like the iPhone. You don't. Fantastic.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
1)Wont that take away from battery life having to turn on device to check to see if there are pendings all the time?

Of course. Good thing the battery lasts waaay longer than my "Media Mogul" did.

2)How much does it cost to replace the iPhone batt and how long must you go without your iphone for apple to replace??
I will never need to replace it. I have never bought a replacement battery for a phone in my life. Hell, my 7 yr old iBook has the original battery and lasts longer than my brand new Vista laptop. :eek:

I think people get a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing they can replace their phone's battery, however I'd be willing to bet very few actually do replace it (I'm not talking about purchasing an extended capacity battery here).

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Surur you still up!

Safari crashes seem to be fairly common. Are our iPhone friends really not experiencing them?

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1191656

Must be all those third party web pages causing the problem.

Surur

And surfing the iPHONE boards.

Great job!

Spent all day on the phone emailing and web browsing no crashes. Had a slowdown on the keyboard typing in Safari though. I was out pacing the keyboard it was at least a letter behind.

Not sure if that is a sign of a problem.

I know you really think Apple and Steve Jobs throw this together in 6 months but I am sure they didn't.

Apple has stacked a lot on this I am sure they want something more then 3 months of sales.

As always beta testing can never catsh everything so crashes and refinments will have to be made.

Again not perfect just a step in a new direction on some levels.

I added the last line because I know you don't believe that Surur but it is true.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
I think Apple says 400 recharges is a mark

Of course. Good thing the battery lasts waaay longer than my "Media Mogul" did.

I will never need to replace it. I have never bought a replacement battery for a phone in my life. Hell, my 7 yr old iBook has the original battery and lasts longer than my brand new Vista laptop. :eek:

I think people get a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing they can replace their phone's battery, however I'd be willing to bet very few actually do replace it (I'm not talking about purchasing an extended capacity battery here).

of the end life of a battery. Still use my video iPOD for well over a year no need for a battery yet. As always your mileage may differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen