On Line...and looking good

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
Well to each their own..I've never been much of a show-off so I never try and get things first...but if I want them I do try and get them within a reasonable time frame! But the only lines I've ever been in are business, grocery and concert lines, i.e. the ones where I had no choice!

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
I've got it! It is beautiful. I'm registering the phone now...

The 200 people behind me are coming in 20 at a time :)

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
Working nicely

Well we're waiting on the review!

It's a gorgeous device. I have been tweeking iTunes & iPhone settings. I've got a couple videos, 200 songs, contacts, photos and dates imported.

The screen is beautiful.

Typing is easy and it does correct itself if you continue with the misspelled word.

I CAN type and run the iPhone one-handed.

The speakers are pretty powerful and clear.

I'll post again tomorrow.

It's been a long day. :

specimen38

Sep 29, 2004
Visit site
Just left my local AT&T/Cingular store. iPhone...SOLD OUT! The salesperson said they were gone yesterday in 30-minutes. I called the local Apple Store 12 miles away. Sales person said they had a few, but that I should hurry because they were going quick. It appears the Apple Stores had more than the AT&T stores. Someone was saying these things aren't selling. Not true.

I got a chance to play with the iPhone and I think it lives up to most of the hype. I was surprised at how easy the keyboard was for text entry. EVEN ONE HANDED use! However, you wouldn't want to type an essay on it. I think this it is revolutionary. I think it is going to change mobile like the Mac GUI changed computing. I do not think there will be a backlash as perdicted John Dvorvak. I think you are going to start seeing Nokia, HTC, Motorola, Samsung, Sony RIM and Palm all start to mimic the iPhone feature set and design.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
You have to be kidding about Palm!! They didn't even respond when their true competitor, RIM, put out slimmer cooler BBs!!

Those other companies probably will not get rid of hard keyboards that soon! Many still need those!

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
Just left my local AT&T/Cingular store. iPhone...SOLD OUT! The salesperson said they were gone yesterday in 30-minutes. I called the local Apple Store 12 miles away. Sales person said they had a few, but that I should hurry because they were going quick. It appears the Apple Stores had more than the AT&T stores. Someone was saying these things aren't selling. Not true.

The AT&T store was sold out before I left the mall. Apple still had a line at 8PM EST and was selling iPhones. I don't know if they ever sold out.

The problem was that many people brought laptops and started connecting their iPhones to TRY to activate them, myself included. Alas, everyone had to await an additional email from AT&T activation. After 35 minutes, I left and got mine much later last night.

Everyone I've seen today has "ooohhhhh-ed" and "ahhhhhh-ed" at it. :D

specimen38

Sep 29, 2004
Visit site
Someone said in anothr thread that AT&T increased the speed of EDGE with the release of the iPhone. What's your experience?

The AT&T store was sold out before I left the mall. Apple still had a line at 8PM EST and was selling iPhones. I don't know if they ever sold out.

The problem was that many people brought laptops and started connecting their iPhones to TRY to activate them, myself included. Alas, everyone had to await an additional email from AT&T activation. After 35 minutes, I left and got mine much later last night.

Everyone I've seen today has "ooohhhhh-ed" and "ahhhhhh-ed" at it. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro