'Twas the night before Christmas.....

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
some will receive a gift, some coal. we shall soon see.

ha!....have a good night, folks.

(disclaimer: this was in jest)

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
eh, there's a part of me jealous.

no doubt it's gotta be fun to pick one up tomorrow and unbox it, set it up, wow at the UI. No tech geek can deny that feeling.

Although oalvarez, I gotta say, too bad you get poor Sprint coverage in your area with Sprint's new 8830 w/unlocked SIM, unlimited laptop tethering and 3g....:p

Now with Visual VoiceMail!

Good luck tomorrow :thumbsup:

TRgEOff

Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
some will receive a gift, some coal. we shall soon see.

ha!....have a good night, folks.

(disclaimer: this was in jest)

hehe, i was thinking just the same today - even though im in India, im eagerly waiting to hear all the reports back from TC'ers who do buy - sort of like watching the kids open the presents on xmas morning.

will your iPhone know if you've been naughty or nice???

mmereos

Apr 28, 2005
Visit site
Strangely enough there were already a dozen people camping out at one of the local Apple store for tomorrow. I guess they didn't get the memo that there will be enough to go around for every one. It's also storming really badly here tonight so I'm sure they are not having fun out there in the rain. I"m going to go pick one up for my brother who has been anxiously awaiting one. If the store runs out I'll wait for the next batch.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
too bad you get poor Sprint coverage in your area with Sprint's new 8830 w/unlocked SIM, unlimited laptop tethering and 3g....:p
Good luck tomorrow :thumbsup:

very familiar with the device, both my wife and many colleagues use them (all with Verizon, all biz accts). hear you on the Sprint thing; i have nothing against them it's just that they offer poor service in our area.

yes, today is going to be fun, no matter if i get one or not. the hub-bub and activity will be fun to watch.

i hope everyone has a nice day.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
It'll be fun of course...no matter what you get once it's a shiny new toy it'll be nice opening that box and smelling those store fumes :D. Right now I feel like buying a 5th gen vidoe iPod - yea it's old news but at least it'll tide me over and prevent me from being too envious at all those ppl with iPhones to play with! I love my treo personally but it's like getting a new car - after a while the gloss wears off and I've had it 7 months now!

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Honestly I'm not sure crowds and long waits will be fun. It might be better to wait until next week here. If they sell out, so be it, but Downtown Chicago will already be crowded with tons of traffic for another event this weekend.

I can only stand so much "zoo", LOL!

But I WILL be looking for iPhone reviews from our TC posters! :D

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
Honestly I'm not sure crowds and long waits will be fun. It might be better to wait until next week here. If they sell out, so be it, but Downtown Chicago will already be crowded with tons of traffic for another event this weekend.

I can only stand so much "zoo", LOL!

But I WILL be looking for iPhone reviews from our TC posters! :D
Lots of luck waiting for those guys and gals. They'llbe holed up in their rooms too tired from 48 hours of straight nirvana to be able to do reviews. Besides, Mossberg says it takes five days to get proficient at the iPhone keyboard.:D

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
I'm very curious to see how things look at 6pm. I suspect that there will be some spots with lines and crowds (mostly Apple stores), but from the rumors I've been hearing about the amount of stock that the typical AT&T stores are getting, I'm expecting any initial rush/crowd at the average store to be about 10 people or so with things dying down later and with no one who wants one walking away empty-handed. I've been very tempted by the iPhone and my brother (an Apple fanboy) is planning on buying one today, but for the most part I have trouble believing that there are *that* many people who are so quick to part with $500-600 and sign onto a 2-year contract at a minimum of $60/month.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
i'm being shown pictures of different stores in the locale.....all have lines and had campers-out last night.

so much for today!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73