Iphone vs Treo in the press

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
iPhone shiny, dark, pretty. Me want play with!!! Pictures flip flop - how they do?

I know my Treo's the best and the iPhone is just a pretty face. But what a pretty face!! Me eat candy!

Is PalmHead one of cardfan's intellectually superior Treo users? :stick:

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Again a person who sees the iPHONE as something they don't like or wouldn't use so anyone who does have a use for it must be intellectually inferior.

Do you guys walk around with your phones strapped to your crotch in hopes you will impress people?

Many people will be new to smartphones but many will have used smartphones in the past and see the iPHONE as a good match for the business the do.

We know well enough that for 600 bucks the thing should be dam near perfect. And from the list of ommited features it is a far cry from that.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
the price is what the market will bear. as for the features you wanted or expected, i don't think they purposely ommitted them to anger you or anyone else. maybe they think it will sell, at a profit, without them.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
the price is what the market will bear. as for the features you wanted or expected, i don't think they purposely ommitted them to anger you or anyone else. maybe they think it will sell, at a profit, without them.

and Im sure it will, although I am very sceptical of ten million being sold in the first year, but betting against Steve Jobs is usually not a good idea. But I still think Apple made some mistakes.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
The PS3 is an interesting lesson in how past performance is not necessarily a guarantee of future results, and that the public is pretty price sensitive, and how arrogant managers can kill a product.

Surur

RICHINMJ

May 28, 2004
Visit site
The PS3 is an interesting lesson in how past performance is not necessarily a guarantee of future results, and that the public is pretty price sensitive, and how arrogant managers can kill a product.

Surur

Who is this directed to? All the people in line for the PS3 are now in line at Apple stores.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
is the PS3 reference referring to the PlayStation 3? if so, what has killed that product introduction was the fact that you couldn't play any of your PS2 games on that platform. as a parent, and being fortunate to afford such luxuries, i can say that even i didn't want to spend the required monies for yet ANOTHER platform and ANOTHER library of games.

please forgive me if we're not speaking of the PlayStation3

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
is the PS3 reference referring to the PlayStation 3? if so, what has killed that product introduction was the fact that you couldn't play any of your PS2 games on that platform. as a parent, and being fortunate to afford such luxuries, i can say that even i didn't want to spend the required monies for yet ANOTHER platform and ANOTHER library of games.

please forgive me if we're not speaking of the PlayStation3

In USA the PS3 has 99% PS2 compatibility, in Europe about 60-80%.

Surur

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I also remember the PS3 was late in coming out and even then was incomplete. For $600, shouldn't we have had a completed product?.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
In USA the PS3 has 99% PS2 compatibility, in Europe about 60-80%.

Surur

appreciate the correction, seriously. i was going by what one of the little ones had mentioned.

does it have something to do with only the new games benefitting from the graphics capability of the new platform?

i would think that anyone with the first mover boxes (xbox 360/live, whatever it's called!) wouldn't purchase the ps3. oh well, something i don't care all that much about anyway.

regards

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
does it have something to do with only the new games benefitting from the graphics capability of the new platform?

In a way. The old games would not be up-converted to HD resolution, and would in fact look worse than they did on normal SD TV's, but things have improved with the various PS3 firmware upgrades, and apparently its not such an issue anymore.

The PS3 however is still suffering a lot in the market, being outsold 2:1 by the Xbox 360 and 4:1 by the Wii.

Surur

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
PS3's major issue is the lack of compelling games to buy. Most offered up to this point are not very different from PS2 albeit with improved graphics.

volwrath

Oct 11, 2006
Visit site
I use my XBox360 to stream media all the time from my computer. The PS3 and the XBox360 are better media boxes than AppleTV.

Just thought Id bring back this thread :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2