iPhone Keyboard Introduction Video

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Here is the link:
https://www.apple.com/iphone/usingiphone/keyboard.html#mn_p

I would check it out, not because it verifies things that I said that no one else knew, like:

• it DOES suggest proper nouns as you type including names and cities and everything else that reside in your address book and it learns as you type.
  • word prediction of course
  • word prediction itself is also used in conjunction with a process of dynamically enlarging tap zones behind the scenes for virtually larger keys.
  • big bubble (magnifying glass) editing lets you touch and hold the screen to get a zoomed in area of text for precise cursor placement with your finger.
  • context sensitive keyboard of course shows up only when needed but also changes appropriately based on the context (like in the case of entering URLs - the space key is replaced with "." "/" and ".com". Utility at its best.

...but check it out because it is rather enlightening and should prove to allay some fears.

40 words a minute :D

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Because T9 does spell correction, prediction, and you dont have to aim for a small key, but a larger group of letters. Not much different really, except it will be slower due to no tactile feedback.

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Here is the link:
https://www.apple.com/iphone/usingiphone/keyboard.html#mn_p

I would check it out, not because it verifies things that I said that no one else knew, like:

• it DOES suggest proper nouns as you type including names and cities and everything else that reside in your address book and it learns as you type.
  • word prediction of course
  • word prediction itself is also used in conjunction with a process of dynamically enlarging tap zones behind the scenes for virtually larger keys.
  • big bubble (magnifying glass) editing lets you touch and hold the screen to get a zoomed in area of text for precise cursor placement with your finger.
  • context sensitive keyboard of course shows up only when needed but also changes appropriately based on the context (like in the case of entering URLs - the space key is replaced with "." "/" and ".com". Utility at its best.

...but check it out because it is rather enlightening and should prove to allay some fears.

40 words a minute :D

If verifies what you knew and no one else did?

Amazing...you are shown to be wrong, and suddenly you are saying it's what you said all along.

UFB, but you know what, at least you are consistent with the RFD.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
If verifies what you knew and no one else did?

Amazing...you are shown to be wrong, and suddenly you are saying it's what you said all along.

UFB, but you know what, at least you are consistent with the RFD.
I can't follow your babbling. Can you speak more clearly?

ktm97

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
Will it know what characters to use when I want to use profane language on message boards! F*@&%ing iphone/ jk

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
The 2 thumbs were fast so credit to the 5-day learning curve (or has that guy been doing that a few months in prep for the video??) BUT

1. still no tactility - not only the voicemail is visual
2. imagine how reduced the effficiency would/could be with one finger (as Jobs demoed at WWDC) and/or one HAND (not seen that in the videos yet)
3.I'm sure plenty ppl can type as (or almost as) fast using 2 thumbs and 100% eyes (as you must with this) on a hard keyboard with their own integrated phone dictionary

4. I don't trust anything that can't eat breathe or crap..so i won't trust dictionaries too much myself - don't use one on my own phone (wonder if they have jamaican dialect in 'em??)

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Now in landscape, but only for Safari (currently):

28pogue.2.L.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/28/t...tml?_r=2&ref=business&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

EDIT. 1000 :)

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
Good news about the keyboard. Hopefully they'll issue updates for most/all of the other apps to support widescreen mode as well.

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
bruckwine, Surur, mikec, Pattycerts...

What is the big deal here? Like you, I think archie is over the top most of the time in his pro-Apple views, but this thread just proved to me that you guys are acting like a pack of wild dogs to the scent of fresh meat. If he's spreading bull, why not just ignore his post? It's like the old saw about a a tree falling in the forest...who heard it?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711