5 reasons not to get iPhone

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
I love when people get so hooked on a product that pulling "facts out of thin air" like statements like this "Here's my list of positives that no other phone has which is justification for me in sacrificing a couple of features" get just ripped apart. I don't know why people can't just sit back and think about stuff they want to say and figure out if its even true before going onto a forum and posting like how archie posted and damn that must have taken him a long time to write and just having it being so false.

I just find that funny... now Im all for people loving products but don't sit there and try to convice people about it with false info. Now I do think its a very cool idea to have an ipod with all its features combined with a phone but its nothing we haven't seen before. Don't try and convice people so adamently with out actually knowing the facts.

People are really getting heated up in this debate and its over nothing. Discuss the pros/cons but don't force your opinion so harshly on other people.
Escuse me for cutting and pasting :p

These are all facts. It's just that one or two may not be exclusive to the iPhone. You can argue all you want about that "one or two" but you have to acknowledge taht things are definetly done differently on the iPhone and it is set apart. For some these different ways of doing things are probably not for them. Whatever.

It doesnn't change the fact that the device IS revolutionary. Now I completely expect disagreement with that too but in 2 or 3 years, you will look back and see it.

Now, I have to go to a lecture so continue your ripping.

syphex#IM

Jun 11, 2007
www.myspace.com
btw my wifes old a920 had the speakers on the side that while playing music you lay it down and hear just fine.

There is nothing revolutionary about a product that has features other phones already have.. just because you take a product and spit shine it with a look that makes idiots go ' oooh thats perty ' and sell it as revolutionary is just wrong.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
but you have to acknowledge taht things are definetly done differently on the iPhone and it is set apart. For some these different ways of doing things are probably not for them.
I don't think anyone disagrees with that and obviously the iPhone will grow in features over the next 12-18 months.

It's just that certain people here use universal quantifiers when they should be using existential ;)

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Escuse me for cutting and pasting :p

These are all facts. It's just that one or two may not be exclusive to the iPhone. You can argue all you want about that "one or two" but you have to acknowledge taht things are definetly done differently on the iPhone and it is set apart. For some these different ways of doing things are probably not for them. Whatever.

It doesnn't change the fact that the device IS revolutionary. Now I completely expect disagreement with that too but in 2 or 3 years, you will look back and see it.

Now, I have to go to a lecture so continue your ripping.

Some may be "facts", but others are plain false. (example, thinnest phone, which I already provided one.)

I pay $5/month for 3G...beat that with the proverbial dead cat.

Apple is giving the market a kick, no doubt. But make superlative claims when they are false.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
The HTC's camera view-finder isn't full screen.
cmdpreviewinwebbrowsereu2.jpg

Sorry, wrong. Confine your statements too things you know about.

You said, "Without Java and Flash I think there must be many devices with higher screen resolutions which work better. UMPC's are also mobile device BTW."

Yeh, I really want to hold a UMPC up to my ear. :rolleyes:

You said
THE BEST mobile browsing experience... period

Maybe next time slip in some provisos before hand.

Addressing Flash, recent comments from the likes of Steve Jobs and David Pogue and an Adobe person, whose name escapes me right now, are suggesting that the iPhone will indeed get Flash.

The Samsung x828 isn't that same thinness throughout the whole length of the phone. Plus, can't buy it here anyway.
So if you cant buy it it doesn't exist? You cant buy my Universal either, but its still better than your IPhone.

YouTube application doesn't have the browser overhead. Plus the iPhone will get the content via streaming AND it is scalable depending on EDGE connection or the amount of bandwidth through wi-fi.

By the way, how much do you pay for your data?

?7.50 for unlimited data. Less than $15, isn't it? And I got my Universal for only $200

LG PRADA, HTC Touch! Come on, you know these are no where near the same as what Apple offers.

How is not having a bezel not the same?

Addressing the the HTC Universal's speakers, I just checked and it has to be open to use those speakers. If you set it down without first unfolding it, it covers up that tiny phone speaker - which as usual is placed on the back, covered up.

What are you talking about? The speakers are the black grills on the side.
1488518962884829.JPG

Archie, try not to make as many mistakes next time. You dont want to get a reputation for being wrong wrong wrong, do you?

Surur

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
What?

btw my wifes old a920 had the speakers on the side that while playing music you lay it down and hear just fine.

There is nothing revolutionary about a product that has features other phones already have.. just because you take a product and spit shine it with a look that makes idiots go ' oooh thats perty ' and sell it as revolutionary is just wrong.

So are you saying since the A920 had speakers on the side it is as good as the iPHONE.

Buddy remember this, "CRACK IS WHACKED" lay off the pipe.

syphex#IM

Jun 11, 2007
www.myspace.com
So are you saying since the A920 had speakers on the side it is as good as the iPHONE.

Buddy remember this, "CRACK IS WHACKED" lay off the pipe.

nope not what I was saying... all I meant is that it has its speakers on the sides.

and btw that saying doesn't have an ed on the end of whack. :crazy:

syphex#IM

Jun 11, 2007
www.myspace.com
36. An external speaker (for speakerphone functionality AND iPod use) that doesn't get covered up when you lay it down like every other phone on the market. Thank you.

thats exactly what I meant surur thanks :) and thats the number in which archie said his statement which I was proving wrong.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
You fail to grasp the extent to which Apple has gone in designing (AND innovating) the iPhone. I have a few more for you.

• Zirconia body to allow for superior radio reception with the antenna enclosed — also giving it a durable shell.

No one has thought to do this and the fact that Apple has and you choose to ignore it reveals much.

BTW Archie ... the back cover is not Zirconia after all... How sad. I knew you were looking forward to the bling.

cubic_zirconia_loose_stones.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/top-5-ip...-black-plastic-part-pogue-declares-273068.php

Surur

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Spit shined do you really think the iPHONE doesn't have a new interface

I think even the most vocal detractors on the board here agree the iPHONE interface will drive many of its competitors to improve their own interface and in many cases probably copy the iPHONE.

I agree that many smartphone type of programs are missing in the iPHONE and whatever the reason iPHONE, and as I understand the new HTC phone in Europe, avoided the 3G usage make it less attractive but to state it has no redeeming and new features and is just old technology in a shiny wrapper is a little off base.:crazy: (added for you)

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
...and in many cases probably copy the iPHONE.
Certainly there will be copies, but MS and Palm had both been heading in the direction of large, simple touch screens for awhile now. Certainly Apple gets credit for 1st to market and setting the bar high though.

("Photon" is for 08, hopefully Palm linux end of '07?)

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Store over 7 gigs worth of video, music and data and enjoy

Hehhe you know Surer is right. What can one do with an iphone that is impossible to do on a WM machine?

the wonderful ease of use that is the iPHONE.

Since I have yet to lay my hands on one the last part in my opinion. As are most of the post regardless of how loud people scream!

volwrath

Oct 11, 2006
Visit site
the wonderful ease of use that is the iPHONE.

Since I have yet to lay my hands on one the last part in my opinion. As are most of the post regardless of how loud people scream!

I will give you nice looking UI, which is dumbed down so a neanderthal could use it (which despite the negativity in my post is a good thing)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR