Analyst on FOX said iPhone will dissapoint

newtonjack

Oct 17, 2004
hometown.aol.com
if you think Iphone will do it all, said mistake #1 is on ATT's slow network and also said no replacable battery and lack of a keyboard is another pitfall. Basically said it will sell well for 2 months then when all the shortcommings are known sales will fall.

MarkY

Oct 27, 2004
Visit site
No new news here

I'm neither pro/con iPhone but I'm really getting tired of these "so-called" ANALysts rehashing the same three issues. People have been saying this ever since the iPhone was announced. We'll know later this week whether any of the points are valid.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
With all the hype Apple and everyone else is making of this iPhone, I think it will set sales records for a mobile device. I don't think come Saturday there will be an iPhone available to buy because they will all sell out Friday.

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
For all the negativity, there is quadruple hype. The Daily News in NYC yesterday had an article saying basically the same thing, with the headline "TG iFriday"

We'll see soon

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
For all the people accusing me of negativity, I never said it wont sell well. I did say it wont meet targets next year, but I said it would sell 3 million this year easily. This is a very brave analyst.

We all know no-one ever went bankrupt for ...

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
For all the people accusing me of negativity, I never said it wont sell well. I did say it wont meet targets next year, but I said it would sell 3 million this year easily. This is a very brave analyst.

We all know no-one ever went bankrupt for ...

Surur

3 Million this year.

500,000 a month.

16,667 a day.

1,666 an hour. (assume 10 hour day)

28 a minute.

2 a second.

I guess we will see. I'm thinking they only sell 1.8M this year.

But who knows...

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
More analyst estimates:

The following table shows estimates for unit sales of the iPhone.

Company / Fiscal Year Ending Sept. 2007 / Fiscal Year Ending Sept. 2008

American Technology Research / 250,000 / **
Bear Stearns & Co. / 650,000 / **
Credit Suisse / 1.7 million / 12.3 million
Pacific Crest Securities / 800,000 / 4.8 million
Piper Jaffray & Co. / 1.2 million / 8 million
UBS AG / 950,000 / 8.1 million

**Not available
Source: Analyst research reports​

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aGexk61u8D8c&refer=home

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Or if you're particularly confident in your own predictions and fancy a bet:

Certain outcomes are already fairly likely, BetUS says. Stock value is 1:2 likely to spike by 10 percent or more the next trading day. Odds are also 5:6 that the phone will sell 12 million units in 2008; these chances also carry over to the iPhone's sales in the first month, which BetUS claims are equally likely (5:6) to climb over or dip under 1.2 million units in July.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/07/06/25/betus.bets.on.iphone/

conekkted

Jan 26, 2007
Visit site
Who cares what FOX said? Nancy Grace said the iPhone is the greatest thing that has happened to humanity since she came on cable TV. And Anderson Cooper said that when he has the iPhone strapped on his belt he will look like less of a tool. The girls from the View said they will replace their current phones, the iDiot, with the iPhone. Need I say more?

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Who cares what FOX said? Nancy Grace said the iPhone is the greatest thing that has happened to humanity since she came on cable TV. And Anderson Cooper said that when he has the iPhone strapped on his belt he will look like less of a tool. The girls from the View said they will replace their current phones, the iDiot, with the iPhone. Need I say more?

I once listened to Nancy Grace...but I kept sticking fork in my ears every 5 seconds, so I had to stop.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Data plans are $34-$44 for the iPhone according to Engadget...no word on minutes.

I get $10 unlimited 3G, but now I can pay 4x more for EDGE. Yeeees!

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Can you imagine buying a desktop computer and only being able to use it with one ISP? The whole way phones are connected to plans really sucks and is terrible for the consumer, especially as our phones become more and more powerful computers.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Data plans are $34-$44 for the iPhone according to Engadget...no word on minutes.

I get $10 unlimited 3G, but now I can pay 4x more for EDGE. Yeeees!

That might seem expensive for what you get, but thats thinking like a geek. Apple is all about simplifying. You actually pay for the removal of unnecessary and confusion options, like tethering for example.

Thats why the Iplan is for the everyman, the Apple man...

Surur

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
True, but with all of the usual price-downs on phones from the plan providers and manufacturers, if all phones were able to be used on all systems then most phones would not have the discounts, or the ETFs would be astronomical. Also, every company would have to use the same system.

The way it is now, the cell phone provider who can make the great deals with the manufacturers can be the ones to get the customers. The phone is what gets the person on the network a lot of the time (probably most of the time).

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
That might seem expensive for what you get, but thats thinking like a geek. Apple is all about simplifying. You actually pay for the removal of unnecessary and confusion options, like tethering for example.

Thats why the Iplan is for the everyman, the Apple man...

Surur

Surur,

Thanks for the clarification...I've sliced a bit of my frontal lobes off, so not I am all set.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods