Anything Good To Say About Iphone? Do Not Post It Here!

Treo Rat

Aug 20, 2002
edgarces.com
It should be obvious at this point in time that this is not the Forum to talk about iPhones. Surur dominates these discussions. His arrogant comment says it all and seconded by his gang of iPhone haters:

Originally Posted by surur
IPhone - the Smartphone for Dumb people?

I am done lurking here for now. It's nothing more than a flaming war already.

The mods should rename this Forum "Apple iPhone- If You Are Dumb"

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
rat

Treo Rat,

You are wasting a thread.

There are people who like the iPhone here and will likely buy it.

And there are others who will point out the shortcomings of a $2,600 device and service.

If you find this problematic, I suggest leaving the Internet, because all gadget forums are like this.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
What do you expect people to do in a discussion forum? Not discuss stuff? You can't blame surur without blaming the Apple fanboys as well. It would have been better to start a positive thread "what I like about the iPhone" and request positive comments only. That seems more reasonable of a request.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
It should be obvious at this point in time that this is not the Forum to talk about iPhones. Surur dominates these discussions. His arrogant comment says it all and seconded by his gang of iPhone haters:

TRANSLATION: I can't deal with controversy. Please, please, please, everyone believe in things the same way I do!

Yawn. :rolleyes:

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
Was pointedly ignoring this as it defeats the purpose of an open forum...what you're suggesting is more akin to a fanclub. For someone at this forum since 2002 I'd think you'd seen this before.

conekkted

Jan 26, 2007
Visit site
It's unfortunately futile for Treo Rat to post what he did, but I don't blame him. I love intelligent debate and discussion about the pros and cons of devices, accessories and software on these forums. But a few of you, with surur by far leading the pack, are just way out of bounds with your trashing of this forum. I really can't for the life of me understand why someone who just hates Apple and never plans on getting the iPhone would spend hours inside of this forum. It says a lot about their personality. And I believe everyone should be able to express their opinion. But I believe the moderators are not doing a very good job keeping this forum in the spirit of TreoCentral. No one who is interested in the iPhone wants to come here and be belittled by a rogue gang of Treo fanboys. And although you can argue that Rat Treo's thread just adds to surus's garbage, someone has to let it be known that a lot of us will just go somewhere else if the TC folks refuse to take rubbish like surur out to the curb.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
Well i can't speak for surur..but then oalvarez does the same on treo phone forums and I've only been here a few months to notice. The trick is to ignore ppl who you think go overboard. If a thread is started on a limitation of a phone then that's what you'll find in it....the only way to balance that is to start a thread of the plusses. And the hype factor on this particular phone just means there'll be even more vigorous discussion until it comes out and refutes either side (or not).

As to belittling the only person I have seen otherrs (pro and anti iPhone ) belittle is ppl like archie who talk w/o facts and then come back and say "aha!" even when it's way off target.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
hahahaha

Coneckt,

GMAFB.

Surur leads no one and there is no rogue gang.

Throw the pity party somewhere else.

The mods do their job just fine...like banning people that use the word "crap".

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
Well i can't speak for surur..but then oalvarez does the same on treo phone forums and I've only been here a few months to notice. The trick is to ignore ppl who you think go overboard. If a thread is started on a limitation of a phone then that's what you'll find in it....the only way to balance that is to start a thread of the plusses. And the hype factor on this particular phone just means there'll be even more vigorous discussion until it comes out and refutes either side (or not).

As to belittling the only person I have seen otherrs (pro and anti iPhone ) belittle is ppl like archie who talk w/o facts and then come back and say "aha!" even when it's way off target.

this is the "other devices" forum. i gave up on Treos a while ago.

you can't speak for surur but you can for me?

oh my.

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com

This is an Internet forum. Grow up?

"I am done lurking here," yet you advertise that fact HERE, on this waste of a forum? Man o' man, how will we all sleep tonight

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
It's unfortunately futile for Treo Rat to post what he did, but I don't blame him. I love intelligent debate and discussion about the pros and cons of devices, accessories and software on these forums. But a few of you, with surur by far leading the pack, are just way out of bounds with your trashing of this forum. I really can't for the life of me understand why someone who just hates Apple and never plans on getting the iPhone would spend hours inside of this forum. It says a lot about their personality. And I believe everyone should be able to express their opinion. But I believe the moderators are not doing a very good job keeping this forum in the spirit of TreoCentral. No one who is interested in the iPhone wants to come here and be belittled by a rogue gang of Treo fanboys. And although you can argue that Rat Treo's thread just adds to surus's garbage, someone has to let it be known that a lot of us will just go somewhere else if the TC folks refuse to take rubbish like surur out to the curb.

A. Surur doesn't own a Treo.
B. If no one posted here, we would go to another site.
C. iPhone is not a Treo, therefore there is no reason for an iPhone forum here. Due to the hype, the admins were nice enough to make a forum just for it, and also to prevent cluttering up all of the other threads.
D. Anyone with half a brain can tell when someone, such as Surur since he is the center of attention here, has an intelligent critique of the phone, or just a rant.
E. 5 page threads about 3rd party apps, when no one knows anything about it? Surur isn't the only one posting in those threads. There's another long thread forming about the speakerphone that NO ONE has heard.
F. What is the point of this forum, exactly? Archie giving his inside information (lol)? People ask questions, no one has definitive answers, and people whine and cry about everyone else's posts that have no definitive answers.

Blame the moderators? WHAT A JOKE.

daThomas

Feb 4, 2004
AskTheCouch.com
Well, as much as the debate on the new fanboy expensive donation device has become, the proof will be in the pudding in a few days so calm down and either get in line or drive by and mock the line.

conekkted

Jan 26, 2007
Visit site
Look. The bottom line is this. Decent people understand exactly what I am saying. Just because we all are speculating about an upcoming product doesn't give license for some of you to come in to any TC forum and just be rude and off topic. The fact that some of you continue to defend this behavior says a lot.

The only negative things that should be posted in these forums are differing views that are backed up with examples, experience or facts. OR, if it is just a plain opinion devoid of facts, then that is fine too...as long as it is stated in a civil manner that does not intend to make someone else look foolish or feel stupid about their own opinions. Anything short of that is sophomoric and unnecessary here. But if some of you want to continue to act like typical cyber-cowards hiding behind your keyboards while throwing out the insults, we can all show you how easy this ignorant game is.

Some people have common decency, some don't.

conekkted

Jan 26, 2007
Visit site
A. Surur doesn't own a Treo.
B. If no one posted here, we would go to another site.
C. iPhone is not a Treo, therefore there is no reason for an iPhone forum here. Due to the hype, the admins were nice enough to make a forum just for it, and also to prevent cluttering up all of the other threads.
D. Anyone with half a brain can tell when someone, such as Surur since he is the center of attention here, has an intelligent critique of the phone, or just a rant.
E. 5 page threads about 3rd party apps, when no one knows anything about it? Surur isn't the only one posting in those threads. There's another long thread forming about the speakerphone that NO ONE has heard.
F. What is the point of this forum, exactly? Archie giving his inside information (lol)? People ask questions, no one has definitive answers, and people whine and cry about everyone else's posts that have no definitive answers.

Blame the moderators? WHAT A JOKE.

Sorry. I didn't notice until just now that you were from NYC. I'll lay off.

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
It's unfortunately futile for Treo Rat to post what he did, but I don't blame him. I love intelligent debate and discussion about the pros and cons of devices, accessories and software on these forums. But a few of you, with surur by far leading the pack, are just way out of bounds with your trashing of this forum. I really can't for the life of me understand why someone who just hates Apple and never plans on getting the iPhone would spend hours inside of this forum.

Things that make you go: HMMMMmmmmmm...... :rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234