new iPhone tour posted

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
Archie, have you actually typed on an iPhone?

lets say that he hasn't. does that go to dismiss his post above? i think it's a well written message that offers some good intuition and information. i enjoyed reading it and it made sense to me.

what's wrong with that?

maybe you're saying that nothing is wrong and you were simply hoping that he had so to learn even more about the iPhone, right? :shake:

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
I would call your propaganda "spin," but spin is usually at the very least clever and more often an effective tool. Your rather lengthy, faith-based post on how a non-tactile, eyes-on-required, visual-only "keyboard" is somehow better than the real deal is simply bizarre.

jimminy christopher..."propaganda, spin?"" PLEASE!!! he wrote a facking message about a facking keyboard.....and his impressions/beliefs/thoughts about it made perfect sense....did he say that the keyboard was better than a tactile one? no, he said that they were improvements over those on other smartphones.

:shake: :hmm:

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
ha

Braj - Hahahahhahaha

Archie,

Nice try, but no banana.

Tactile feedback is important...it actually requires one sense. Visual requires two senses - tough and sight.

Most prefer tactile response.

But this begs the question - where is voice dialing? That is much more elegant than typing names and numbers...

So you are saying not only will typing be better (more accurate) and faster, but one handed operation will be better as well?

With actually using the device, that is a very bold claim.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I don't think I am in line for any crow eating (unless the iphone is really made of zirconium of course ) Then I would definitely need to get my crow grilling kit ) Tasty :)

Surur

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
So you are saying not only will typing be better (more accurate) and faster, but one handed operation will be better as well?
What about Text Prediction?

That greatly helps me type fast--in fact I have it "suggest 6 words" after 2 typed letters and for those longer words, it certainly helps (plus in spelling). Is that available on the iPhone?

I assume it has spell check?

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
That latest demo claims the predictive text (and of course, "trusting" the iPhone) is what makes it the fastest keyboard on a phone device. I guess time will tell.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
did he say that the keyboard was better than a tactile one? no, he said that they were improvements over those on other smartphones.
archie said:
So now we are looking at two improvements made to the iPhone over every other smartphone available simply by moving the keyboard's "up-to-now standard" position.
With this simple proclamation, Archie shows that he can't get the factual story right leaving the rest of his fictional prose wanting. Sure, he's allowed to fantasize, but he shouldn't expect to claim fantasy as fact without getting called on it.

ronbo2000

Mar 16, 2003
Visit site
Wow, I just saw that presentation demo and iPhone really looks great. Its a real upgrade for my iPod.

I just don't like AT&T.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
With this simple proclamation, Archie shows that he can't get the factual story right leaving the rest of his fictional prose wanting. Sure, he's allowed to fantasize, but he shouldn't expect to claim fantasy as fact without getting called on it.

He's just repeating what Jobs said. Remember the "little plastic keyboards"

LHA20070125021746_OR.jpg

Its not his fault he swallows everything which Jobs spews out.

Surur

kamizuno

Apr 7, 2000
Visit site
the problem I have with commenting on the iPhone keyboard is that the Treo keyboard doesn't LOOK easy too use either, but once you try it it works quite well. I mean look at how your finger hits 2-3 buttons simultaneously, the keys on a treo are so small that on looking at it it can't possibly be useful for typing, but because of the predictive software trick it works well. So IMO, I'll judge the iPhone keyboard after I actually get to try it :)

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
I don't think I am in line for any crow eating (unless the iphone is really made of zirconium of course ) Then I would definitely need to get my crow grilling kit ) Tasty :)
Well, you did say:

The IPhone will sell less than 3 million over the last 6 months of 2007, and much less than 4 million in 2008, due to strong competition from other phone OEM's and satisfied demand from early adopters.

What would the numbers need to be before you were picking feathers from your teeth? :D

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
lets say that he hasn't. does that go to dismiss his post above? i think it's a well written message that offers some good intuition and information. i enjoyed reading it and it made sense to me.

what's wrong with that?

maybe you're saying that nothing is wrong and you were simply hoping that he had so to learn even more about the iPhone, right? :shake:

It was mental masturbation.

ronbo2000

Mar 16, 2003
Visit site
You should live where AT&T is your BEST choice. That hurts to even write...:eek:
And where's that? :rolleyes: You missed the days when AT&T was your only choice. :(
pretty much how i feel....was fun to watch, i'm back to wanting to try one out.

i just don't like Sprint.
Each telco have their own fans and detractors.

I would like to the iPhone out but I need to make sure to hide this from my daughter or she will ask to get one for sure.

I wonder how much more marketing presentations like this will they roll out before June 29. Each one shows more information, like a tease. For each one, more questions comes up as well. Call me a doubter but I have been burned so much already.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
I guess I should have been more clear - meaning, GPS with satellite and navigation software loaded on the handheld (allowing a Sirf III reciever in the handheld and running software like TomTom). I'm not interested in the feature of my carrier to triangulate me. Although, it is reported to assist with a better coverage signal and has some emergency 911 ability. Thanks big brother for the spin.

I would like a GPS reciever built in that allows me to turn it on or off at my liesure and work with GPS software like TomTom. That's what I meant.
Ahh, I see. The iPhone has Google Maps. This application gives you driving directions, a trip planner, traffic visuals and co-pilot functionality, much like a GPS. This application also keeps track of your locations and allows you to enter in new starting points. Google's back-end software enables it to poll a client to get starting point (location information) information. It is unknown at this time if Apple has tied this capability of Google in with their front-end together in conjunction with AT&T's service. It would require all 3 companies to operate together in order to function fully like a GPS unit.

Apple does not look upon GPS units as being that popular and widely relied upon. This is probably unfortunate for those that like the geeky gadget; I do not seeing Apple incorporating this into the iPhone in the near future.

Maybe third party solutions will be available.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice