Its official, Iphone to be released 6/20

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site
Where did you get that? No, I'm not one of those cynics who calls every person who makes a statement a troll - I just wanna know! There's still nothing on the Cingular site. Oh, and I may very well be early in with the "dumbass in line" story as I plan to leap onto the bleeding edge in a lovely swan dive position. After all, there is that 30 money back thing...

and I need a new phone...

and I like what I've seen so far...

and the iPhone will make me even cooler than I already am ;-)

RICHINMJ

May 28, 2004
Visit site
It was breaking news on CNBC 5/24/07. This morning however the story got shady as they expanded on the story from the day before.
The news was given to them by a phone distributer whose name I did not catch from Fort Lee, N.J. CNBC now admits they did not get direct confirm from apple other than the offical response, late June.

Good luck with that line thing. Visions of a Wii Christmas in June.

RICHINMJ

May 28, 2004
Visit site
Here's the CNBC story. Seems like more of a guess then a confirmation.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/18726852/for/cnbc

I didn't read the article. I was watching CNBC when a Red News Alert came up on the bottom of the screen like the ones they use when they announce a Fed Rate increase, a plane crash or a celebrity trial verdict. Didn't pay much attention after that because I have another girl in my life. Her name is SERO SPRINT (I caller her TREO) and she gives me everything I need and doesn't ask for much. Sure she is not as pretty as Ms. Apple but finacially she isn't high maintenance. Can be a little fiesty some times but she has more moves than Shakira and never ceases to amaze me.

RICHINMJ

May 28, 2004
Visit site
I have to listen to anyone with 5,460 posts. Seriously, what is Iphone going to give you that TREO won't. I am not trying to be funny. I really want to know becasue I just don't get the enthusiasm. In english please. Don't give me the technical specifications ,etc.

byronchurch

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
if you are a mac user you most likely love mac products . to have a smart phone that is designed by Apple for a mac to sync with iCal , address book , iTunes , iphoto , .mac Etc. etc. The touch screen , the voicemail innovation , hell I wouldn't be surprised if the phone even works If my switch from Palm to a iPhone is anything near the blessed switch from Microsoft to Mac I'll be a happy boy . When Palm went to Microsoft the went in the exact opposite direction of where I thought they were headed . It's not that apple is perfect there just by far the best . Just like Palm is for about a month...........maybe !

littlewaywelt

Aug 18, 2005
Visit site
I have to listen to anyone with 5,460 posts. Seriously, what is Iphone going to give you that TREO won't. I am not trying to be funny. I really want to know becasue I just don't get the enthusiasm. In english please. Don't give me the technical specifications ,etc.

access to more intuitve and easier OS (I'm getting one for my less techy wife)
access to all iTunes songs including protected.
better video playback on a nicer screen.
a nicer screen.
better sound and a better media program
more memory, more movies, easy syncability with media on iTunes, no reformating, installing codecs, etc etc.

go to the iphone forum at www.ilounge.com where there are many more details that have been confirmed than are posted here.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Oh, there will be coffee, but all the pocket protectors will be in the Foleo line.
yeah for the iPhone just look for the large contingent of Volkswagens and the line of white upper middle class kids with false sense of superiority holding Double tall, iced, half pump mocha, extra ice, no whip cappuccinos and wearing coke-bottle chic nerd glasses, glaring at you condescendingly. :rolleyes:

daThomas

Feb 4, 2004
AskTheCouch.com
yeah for the iPhone just look for the large contingent of Volkswagens and the line of white upper middle class kids with false sense of superiority holding Double tall, iced, half pump mocha, extra ice, no whip cappuccinos and wearing coke-bottle chic nerd glasses, glaring at you condescendingly. :rolleyes:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!

:thumbsup:

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Toa

As much as the iPhone leaves much to be desired, the Foleo is a TOA - Turd On Arrival.

That thing is so lame it's not even funny.

Don't need another crippled device...as for instant on. my laptop with Vista resumes pretty damn fast...I'm sure the Macbook OSX do as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2