Drop the Treo and The iPhone and crack their screens. Can you make a call?

jfme

Dec 10, 2006
Visit site
I've been wondering about this. In case of a car accident or some tragedy that cracks the screen. If the device still works, in theory the "little plastic keyboard you can't change" would still allow you to make a call in a Treo. Whereas a broken touchscreen is rendered unusable.

randyg

Nov 5, 2002
Visit site
If you drop a Treo hard enough to crack the screen, i don't think the keyboard working is going to be a concern. Plus the fact that if you're prone to drop your expensive gadgets then you might want to purchase replacement insurance from your provider.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
I've been wondering about this. In case of a car accident or some tragedy that cracks the screen. If the device still works, in theory the "little plastic keyboard you can't change" would still allow you to make a call in a Treo. Whereas a broken touchscreen is rendered unusable.

i'm sure you could search "dropped" and come up with some amusing if not telling instances (Treo related).

maybe by the time they release the iphone someone will have done drop-tests on it like they do in the specialty packgaging industry. then we'd know for sure.

tough one to make a call on at this juncture

jfme

Dec 10, 2006
Visit site
If you drop a Treo hard enough to crack the screen, i don't think the keyboard working is going to be a concern. Plus the fact that if you're prone to drop your expensive gadgets then you might want to purchase replacement insurance from your provider.

Well, I was thinking in a situation other than just dropping the phone. For example, a car accident where the phone gets hit pretty hard while on the console and the screen cracks. On the Treo, you could just hit the Home button and start dialing with the hard keys. It is unlikely to be able to do this on a cracked touchscreen.

With the lack of hard keys, I guess the iPhone will need to be a tough little guy.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711