3rd party apps, 3rd party apps, 3rd party apps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Cause he's a fanboy.
:p

Apple jihadists have a permanent kool-aid mustache. My Apple friends drove me nuts the week of the iPhone announcement.

You could say the same about MSFT fans. :evil:
That's why I'm willing to look at all platforms. Except Palm OS until they truly update it.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Can you list all the 3rd party apps , you guys are usign and making noise about ?
Yes there will be something like splash ID either a widget or an apple application
There will be a office document reader , similar to DOCs to go .
Even if say, there won't be 3 rd party apps . Apple has never said, they are not going to make any other apps besides what's there on the phone . Apple will be making their own apps . They have enough knowledge about very popular apps such as docs to go and splash ID . I do not care if they do not have Butler or realtor 3rd party apps .

What I'd like to see mostly. A true OS X Mobile. I could deal with that, even if there're not a lot of 3rd party apps. I actually don't like a whole lot of 3rd party apps. 20 at the most, if that. The Palm OS began to drive me nuts with all the apps I had to install. WM5 gets on my nerves a bit too, with the 3rd party apps I need to install. I would also like to see some good phone, calender and contact management app on the iPhone. I need that more than anything else. Hopefully Apple can do this right themselves.

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
What I'd like to see mostly. A true OS X Mobile. I could deal with that, even if there're not a lot of 3rd party apps. I actually don't like a whole lot of 3rd party apps. 20 at the most, if that. The Palm OS began to drive me nuts with all the apps I had to install. WM5 gets on my nerves a bit too, with the 3rd party apps I need to install. I would also like to see some good phone, calender and contact management app on the iPhone. I need that more than anything else. Hopefully Apple can do this right themselves.

Extremely well written and salient to the conversation ;)

The thing I see myself needing--that isn't already listed--is a secure password application that syncs with my computer.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Thank you!

You reminded me, password protection for the iPhone would be great! To keep someone from getting into your phone's info. And maybe something to stop accidental activation of screen while in purse, pocket, case, etc.. I think Jobs implied something like that but I'm not sure.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
Cause he's a fanboy.

Apple jihadists have a permanent kool-aid mustache. My Apple friends drove me nuts the week of the iPhone announcement.

that would be the pot calling the kettle black. this is treocentral you know. don't you root for everything Treo? i don't and i own one.

palm is a disgrace.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
i've made my decision to do what, oh master cglaguna? HAH! once again, the pot calling the kettle black....have you had anything positive to say about the iphone release? and you continue to "hang out here"? you are a gem.

looking forward to trying out the iphone.

Mtreosexual

Nov 21, 2004
Visit site
Cause he's a fanboy.

After having played with many many smartphones and witnessed the released of so many OS's .
The fact that these softwares would be there is just common sense, my friend . I do not think Splash ID even existed when Treo 280 came out.
Some made predictions about software's like that at time.
Docs to Go or something similar is a must and will be there , if not at lauch may be 6-8 months later.

Give it some time boys , Treo is going to die a slow but certainly ...., unless they change their act in big way .

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
After having played with many many smartphones and witnessed the released of so many OS's .
The fact that these softwares would be there is just common sense, my friend.

I'm sure you have never seen an OS released before that actually eschews third party software, and insists from the start it will be a closed system.

You may as well shelve all your previous expectations and experience. This is Apple we are talking about here.

Surur

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Here's the Jobs quote again:

?We define everything that is on the phone,? he said. ?You don?t want your phone to be like a PC. The last thing you want is to have loaded three apps on your phone and then you go to make a call and it doesn?t work anymore. These are more like iPods than they are like computers.?

The iPhone model, he insisted, would not look like the rest of the wireless industry.

?These are devices that need to work, and you can?t do that if you load any software on them,? he said. ?That doesn?t mean there?s not going to be software to buy that you can load on them coming from us. It doesn?t mean we have to write it all, but it means it has to be more of a controlled environment.?​
http://www.43folders.com/2007/01/12/no-iphone-apps/

Let's face it, we have no idea how this is going to pan out. There could be a massive array of Apple certified and tweaked high quality apps or there could be next to nothing.

FWIW, my guess is that come launch day there will a significant number of Apple apps (mobilised versions of stuff that ships with OS X) and at least a few apps produced in collaboration with third parties (currently the count is one: Google Maps).

Theta

Aug 14, 2004
www.forensicsguy.com
So, you mean I can't use Pocket Tunes on it? But I love Pocket Tunes.

Why would you want to run Pocket Tunes on an iPod?

Anyway, for those people who are concerned about MS docs and the possible lack of ability to use them on the iPhone, please remember that Google has docs and spreadsheets avaliable to view/edit/create online. While it would take a data connection to use these, it could possibly satisfy your needs for MS Document editing.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Why would you want to run Pocket Tunes on an iPod?

Anyway, for those people who are concerned about MS docs and the possible lack of ability to use them on the iPhone, please remember that Google has docs and spreadsheets avaliable to view/edit/create online. While it would take a data connection to use these, it could possibly satisfy your needs for MS Document editing.

Its highly unlikely the Safari browser will have enough oomph to run Google docs with acceptable speed, not to mentioned formatted to the right screen size, and safari does not even run google docs now on the mac.

Excuses excuses....

Surur

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
FWIW, my guess is that come launch day there will a significant number of Apple apps (mobilised versions of stuff that ships with OS X) and at least a few apps produced in collaboration with third parties (currently the count is one: Google Maps).

If 3rd party apps will be ready for the June launch, they had better been working on them for awhile now. Judging from Steves comments, there not.

Again, I think its wishfull thinking for anybody to think there will be a wide array (or even small array) of availalbe apps ready to be downloaded at launch.

For people to come on this board and make comments like "I'm sure", or "I bet", that there will be plenty of apps made available have really no idea what their talking about.

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
i've made my decision to do what, oh master cglaguna? HAH! once again, the pot calling the kettle black....have you had anything positive to say about the iphone release? and you continue to "hang out here"? you are a gem.

looking forward to trying out the iphone.

I have said nothing other than I thought the Iphone would sell millions and it was a very impressive dog and pony show. I said nothing negative about the iphone except it doesn't meet MY needs, I said nothing about your's. You have been on the I hate Treo rant/ and this is going to kill Treo rant. Dude take a chill pill and just buy you Fisher Price iphone and be happy. :cry:

iphone > treo > q > black jack.... I am still looking for the perfect phone... Treo isn't perfect for me.

I like you change from I am buying an iphone and not looking back ... to now "trying out" the iphone... shows at least some knowledge.... it will come with maturity.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
hilarious the both of you are. almost a laurel and hardy type of show you put on.

this is the apple iphone forum. regardless, we're all free to voice our opinion about any device that might be out there. you seem to like to twist and turn words and subject matter around so to appear to come out ahead on paper and in your mind. i think you are perhaps the most immature of the entire bunch with so very much invested here. the funny thing is that your clout is worthless not only with me but so many others. i'm not going to take a "chill pill" as long as you continue in your ridiculous ways. in your mind you're never guilty of any wrong doing, what's better is that you like to accuse others of what you are guilty of.

i'm looking forward to the iphone's release and who knows what i'll end up doing it with it. the nice thing is that it's for me to decide and we all could care less about what you and your pals think about it.

seems reasonable to me. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox