Will Jobs even be around in 6 months?

newtonjack

Oct 17, 2004
hometown.aol.com
Feds probing stock options grant to Jobs By JORDAN ROBERTSON, AP Technology Writer
Fri Jan 12, 11:36 PM ET

SAN FRANCISCO - Federal prosecutors confirmed late Friday that they have opened an investigation into stock options irregularities at Apple Inc.

The U.S. Attorney's Office in San Francisco acknowledged for the first time that it was investigating Apple's handling of stock options awards given to executives and other employees even though the company has cleared CEO Steve Jobs and all current management of any wrongdoing in the accounting shenanigans that resulted in thousands of mishandled grants. A spokesman declined to release further details of the probe.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070113/ap_on_hi_te/apple_options

copernicus

Nov 22, 2002
Visit site
Yes, what worries me from an investor's perspective is why the investigation is taking so long. The internal investigation by Apple is not exactly meaningless, but one would think all of this would have been cleared up by now. I don't know the details but I believe that there is also a parallel SEC investigation being conducted.

newtonjack

Oct 17, 2004
hometown.aol.com
Is the backdating of options investigation the reason Apple pre-launched the iPhone? Announcing it now drove up the stock price even though its not available for sale for at least half a year, doing this gives the insiders a chance to sell shares at an inflated price IF they did something wrong w/the options backdating.

newtonjack

Oct 17, 2004
hometown.aol.com
What would happen to Apple without Jobs?

Remember Martha Stewart? She was accused of selling shares of another company using inside info, what Jobs is accused of doing is much worse.

Martha did what 5 months in prison? In the aftermath of Enron, Tyco etc the feds and SEC wont go lightly on any CEO.