Power Users : will you buy one given the specs?

f1realtor

Jan 15, 2006
Visit site
If the iphone gets my email pushed to me via exchange and integrates with outlook then the treo is going bye bye. I'll also want excel and word as well, but outlook and push email via exchange is the deal killer for me. If they can add this then the treo is doomed.

areyouwishing

Apr 24, 2005
Visit site
Beyond what the phone is published as having, all i need is...

1. Push Exchange email via VPN, or HTTPS
2. Keyboard to work as good, or better than the craptastic treo keyboard.

Pluses that could really seal the deal...
1. Tethering
2. OTA syncing (either Exchange/caldav/ldap)
3. VNC
4. Extensibility with 3rd party apps. Im guessing there will be some 3rd party apps at launch, but i'm guessing it will be the kind of tight relationships that google and apple have today with the iPhone.

f1realtor

Jan 15, 2006
Visit site
As stated earlier, I just need exchange integration, but I doubt that will ever happen unless its from a 3rd party like goodlink. this thing would be too much competition for all windows mobile devices.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
No. Too expensive, at the time they quoted the price anyway. Now by the time it hits stores, maybe they'll have made some consumer friendly adjustments. Like an increase in storarge, free battery service(if it's going to truly be non-removable), durable casing, etc. Then I'll look at it. It's somewhat of a luxury item at this time though.

Superior screen and OS X is great though! Not enough for me to dump what I have though.

Now if this were the new video iPod they also keep rumoring about... I'd like to see a wifi and wide screen iPod. Some are claiming that the iPhone is now the new video iPod, but there's too much overhead attached to it(phone service). If they make a stand-alone video iPod like this, I'll be in line!

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
How do millions and millions of iPod owners manage to keep their tunes flowing all day long? It's not that hard to dock your iPhone/iPod some time during the day if you're that much of a "power" user--at least not for me. Even now, I have to charge my Treo at some time during the day to get through.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
Phone Lady...it will play video and will play it in widescreen, or perhaps i should say "landscape." what are you referring to?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Phone Lady...it will play video and will play it in widescreen, or perhaps i should say "landscape." what are you referring to?

I think she means the Iphone without a phone (the I :) ) which means you can the great browser, great media player without having a poor smartphone and two year phone contract with data plan on top)

Surur

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Yes that's what I mean! Rumors of a video iPod have been floating around for about 2 years, some are saying the iPhone is it though. :(

I would like to see a stand alone iPod like this.

skfny

Nov 1, 2002
Visit site
Now that the shock and awe has worn off, what can the iPhone do that a POS/WM Treo can't (assuming no third party apps)?

robber

Dec 19, 2002
Visit site
Am I the only one that sees this a competition for the krzr/rzr and the latest and greatest "normal phones" and not full blown PDA devices? Seems to be where the market is these days anyway... Maybe even the palm based treos it will compete with but if you have a BB on BES or a wm5 device tied to an exchange server moving to this things is not feasible. Plain, simple, done.

As much as this device interests me it is not an option. Never mind that fact that it is only available on Cingular!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner