dinosaurs treo - tks apple, now that is a phone!!!

cyber

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
cant wait to get my hands on this truly revolutionary iphone.

how did ed say? they tried years to make a phone?

apple is already lightyears ahead.

cyber

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
am catapulted out of my socks, truly.

my brand new nokia e61 suddenly looks like garbage from the last millennium.

some people at nokia, sony ericsson and motorola get fired right now.

littlewaywelt

Aug 18, 2005
Visit site
palm 700w and a verizon user since 84 soon to be terminated for cingular and an iPhone

Even if it is has some qualities missing on the 700w, it has soooo much more. I'm blown away by this thing.

Apple's already up over 6% and it's only been an hour. This thing is going to be gangbusters for Apple.

cyber

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
It looks awesome, albeit, the Treo can do a lot of this. Just not as easy and not with the built-in software.

give me a break, the ergonomics and simplicity are the only plus of the treo.

its technology is from years back.

this iphone will change a lot in the market. expect lower-end versions to appeal to the broader masses.

or how did they laugh at the launch of the ipod?

creating a market where there is no market?

and that resolution.

am glad for steve and for me having switched to mac two years ago.

sync will be a pleasure.

+Kardboard+

Jul 14, 2006
Visit site
A lot, but the "not as easy" and "not with the built-in doodads" is a big deal-breaker for many. Granted, I prefer the tactile feedback of a physical keyboard, but the iPhone is pure sex.

Now if only it came in Treo 680 Copper. :p

blee4

Aug 15, 2005
Visit site
Apple does it better nuff said, after 2 years with my Treo random address book corruption, non-existant mac support. Mac users finally have something to call their own oh ya and we have WiFi too suck it Palm! I'd like to hear Palm CEO and Bill Gate shrug this off! oh ya Zune gets games in 2008 way to go Microsoft

areyouwishing

Apr 24, 2005
Visit site
Palm deserved the iPhone.

The whole time we have been dealing with franken-garnet (over 2 years) Apple created this ENTIRE product. It wasn't until late 2006 that we got no antenna.

I wish I felt sorry for Palm, but they asked for it. What's even more sad is that they don't have the resources to even try to catch up. They will be bought, and laid to rest... very, very, very shortly.

Also in that 2 years for Apple: intel transistion, new ipods, video store, new macs, new OSes.

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site

meh, I don't know if this will have any real affect on Palm. He probably sensed that just before the big show today was a good time to cash out. Admit it or not, we all have a soft spot for Palm left in us somewhere - after all, they are more or less responsible for the whole "smart phone" revolution. I can still pop my sim card into my 650 or my 600 and they are just as easy to use as ever.

It's Palm's seeming lack of vision that's alienated so many of us. They COULD do something this innovative (well, maybe), they just don't really seem to WANT to. After all, they're still giving us BT1.2 and holding off on WiFi. No one but their R/D teams know what's going on in their collective heads. It's a shame, but it's why I left Palm when the 8125 came out. It's why I won't be buying a Cingular Treo 750, and it's why I AM getting an 8525, and very possibly an iPhone as soon as I can get my grubby fingers on one.

Chatter

Sep 1, 2002
www.chatteremail.com
BTW, one-handed operation won't be easy with the iPhone. Besides the fact that it's drop-dead gorgeous, there's a lot that isn't known; I wouldn't rush to think it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Marc

littlewaywelt

Aug 18, 2005
Visit site
ROFLMAO. :bow:

But really, I don't know how many of these iPhones they will sell with that pricing - starting price $499 with 2 year contract?! Only power users and blingers will be buying IMHO, most mobile phone users buy what's free and use just basic features.

I disagree. THey have a known quantity in the iPhone due to the iPod and they have a dedicated following that has ponied up for music players at that price range. I don't think they'll have any trouble getting people to buy the phones. This phone seems perfectly priced to me. People criticized them for the same thing in music players. Apple has built a seemingly near-perfect converged device. Everyone is going to want one.

I'm one of them.

Convert#IM

Aug 21, 2006
Visit site
I disagree. THey have a known quantity in the iPhone due to the iPod and they have a dedicated following that has ponied up for music players at that price range. I don't think they'll have any trouble getting people to buy the phones. This phone seems perfectly priced to me. People criticized them for the same thing in music players. Apple has built a seemingly near-perfect converged device. Everyone is going to want one.

I'm one of them.

I disagree, the ipod is the cool factor. Many of the people who will want the iPhone will be those who have already shelled out $300 for their iPod and so they are going to be willing to shell out another $500 to get more bling and an all in one device? Sure, if their credit cards aren't already maxed out. Maybe, we'll see....

Fittske

Dec 12, 2003
Visit site
ROFLMAO. :bow:

But really, I don't know how many of these iPhones they will sell with that pricing - starting price $499 with 2 year contract?! Only power users and blingers will be buying IMHO, most mobile phone users buy what's free and use just basic features.

I disagree....Most of those mobile phone users buy what's free and use just basic features.....also go out and drop $250 to $300 on an ipod. Every day when I go to the gym. I see the same most with their ipod on their arm and their phone on their hip. Now they can have there phone and ipod on them at all times!!! Not to mention most mid to high-end cars, trucks and SUV's have ipod hookups and integrated Bluetooth. This phone will be a huge success. There has been a debate for a long time between the treo and ipod. You won't see a 8gig treo for a long long long time. Lets face it for the Average consumer this phone is mack daddy. For the business person although the iphone may not be their primary phone, but I am sure most will own one. That is the plus of GSM, just pop out the sim and go.

Ladies and gentleman look to the skies.....pigs are flying all over the world.

Fittske

Dec 12, 2003
Visit site
With features like this, and if they work as advertised...... WOW!

Built-in Advanced Sensors
iPhone’s accelerometer detects when you rotate the device from portrait to landscape, then automatically changes the contents of the display, so you immediately see the entire width of a web page or a photo in its proper landscape aspect ratio.

The proximity sensor detects when you lift iPhone to your ear and immediately turns off the display to save power and prevent inadvertent touches until iPhone is moved away.

An ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the display’s brightness to the appropriate level for the current ambient light, thereby enhancing the user experience and saving power at the same time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2