BRACE YOURSELVES- Here it comes...

mikeymoves

Apr 18, 2005
Visit site
one of the slides does mention Exchange Sync, probably not push though. It also uses the full safari browser. This thing looks really nice. Dont like on screen keyboards though.

They give you a free yahoo push imap account for free also.

If you read, I am pretty sure it says full "Blackberry like" push imap.

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site
Re. push mail, 3G, etc...
3G would be great, and I'm suprised and disappointed, but really...
This is NOT going to be a device geared toward corporate users. This is a device that fills THE niche between full on corporate devices (well, imperfect ones like the Treo line and 8125, etc) and devices like the SLVR AND devices like the iPod.
I may be able to live without 3G for this sort of flexibility. With WiFi, I can make do - as I have for a while now.

yOyOYoo

Apr 26, 2004
Visit site
gizmodo.com coverage is awesome!

I'm trying to talk myself into getting this thing, and using it only as a music player, and surfing the net when I'm in a wifi area..... it's so hot and sexy!!!

PDR447

Oct 2, 2006
Visit site
available in june through apple or cingular

guessing it's unlocked/unbranded? I doubt apple would let cingy clutter up their product with logos

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site
I was honestly thinking he would surprise us late with an announcement like "...oh, and I almost forgot - what revolutionary communicator would be complete without 3G/HSDPA".

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site
8gb is a little disappointing, too. I was hoping to be able to use this as a portable hd to load photo shoots on while traveling. I was really expecting at least 20-30gb.
Still, they have until June to implement more stuff. I may go ahead and get the 8525 to wait for this thing. I bet you're going to have to know someone to get your hands on one before late July or August.

PSB22

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
Re: WiFi

Its not an issue of how often you're outside Wi-Fi (which is a lot unless you live in SoCal or NYC), its a question of how often you're outside a FREE hotspot. There are tons of different WiFi suppliers, with very little inter-operability between providers (e.g. boingo, T-Mobile). AND it costs often $20/30 a month just for WiFi access from these folks.

Until universal free public wireless is available in large areas, 3G will be the default for those of us in the real world.

And c'mon $600 with a 3 year contract, that's crazy talk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2