Should I even bother buying an iPhone 4?

Apple=Racket96

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
So as u kno the iPhone 4 is on sale for $50. I just wanna know if I should get one or just invest In a 4S,not just because of iOS 6 features but for the A5 chip,and the fact that the iphone 4 is 2 years old.

Help me out!!!

P.S. I'm a teenager so the iPhone 4 is more in my price range,but if it's a waste of money y bother...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So as u kno the iPhone 4 is on sale for $50.
No, I hadn't noticed ;) Anyway, is it $50 with a 2 year contract? If so, I wouldn't advise on buying it. I would spring for the 4S or try to wait until the fall when the next iPhone is set to be released.
I just wanna know if I should get one or just invest In a 4S,not just because of iOS 6 features but for the A5 chip,and the fact that the iphone 4 is 2 years old.

Help me out!!!

P.S. I'm a teenager so the iPhone 4 is more in my price range,but if it's a waste of money y bother...
Overall, the 4S would be more beneficial due to the A5 processor, the better camera, Siri, etcetera. Still, it boils down to how you will use your device, how much you're willing to spend and, if you do decide to get the iPhone 4, will you be satisfied with it for the next two years?

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Apple=Racket96

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
As a cell phone lover I'm inclined to wait 4 the 4S to go down,but as a person who loves saving $$$,I'm thinking that the iphone 4 is perfectly good phone. I also plan on jailbreaking whatever I get,if that helps...

:: It is with a new 2 year contract btw

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Don't get the 4!!! The 4 won't get upgraded and get new features. The 4S is what you want if you can't wait till October when the new iPhone launches.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Agreed with the others. I just got my very first iphone and went with the 4s. The 4 is doa as far as I'm concerned. At least with the 4s you have the choice of upgrading once iOS 6 is released officially.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

marcotor909

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
At least with the 4s you have the choice of upgrading once iOS 6 is released officially.

Umm.. Apple had a little party this week in San Francisco with Developers where they announced iOS6 would even support the 3Gs.

4s would be a better choice for the processor and camera upgrades. But the 4, even 2 years in, is still a great device if the extra $150 is a stretch for you.

Apple=Racket96

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Well see that's the thing,it's either get a lackluster iPhone 4 cheap NOW,or wait and pray to god the iPhone 4S goes down cheap too. I can deal with a 4 because iOS 6 doesn't do much 4 me lol. It really comes down to which would cost me more in the end

MooPenguin32

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest waiting until September/October when the new iPhone is announced. The iPhone 4S will more than likely be reduced to $99. That's certainly been the trend in the past. Also, you might find that the new iPhone is worth spending $199 on. Either way, I think if you buy an iPhone 4 now, you'll end up kicking yourself later. It happened to me last year.

Tony the Tiger

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Either way, you'll still end up paying a large amount for the service. You're only paying a little more with the iPhone 4S subisdy than the iPhone 4.

MooPenguin32

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I do not think the iPhone 4 is worth $50 for two years. I don't even think it'll be worth getting it for free for two years. Not to mobile users that want the latest and greatest.

Think about it, the iPhone 4 won't be getting some of the biggest features of iOS 6 including turn-by-turn navigation and of course anything dealing with Siri. What do you think will happen when iOS 7 comes along?

I think that sometime before iOS 7, Apple will drop support of the iPhone 3GS just as they did with the iPhone 3G in between iOS 4 and 5.

mikells43

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
get the 4s. don't mess with the 4. the 4 was a total "beta" device as far as I'm concerned. and as far as waiting on the next iPhone. look at what happened with the 4 when it was put out.. then they had to release the 4s to make good on the flaws. so my advise would be to get the 4s. then see whats up with the new one, but the 4s is a solid phone, no flaws like the 4, hell of a camera, the a5 is da bomb (lol). and best of all you will notice a hell of a diff from ur current phone. it will be night and day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods