Is IPhone 3GS getting an upgrade from IOS 7?

Alfredo Soto Romero

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have the IPhone 3GS with the IOS 6.1.3. I thought that this past wednesday (Sept. 18, 2013) I was going to get an upgrade from APPLE like they usually do on every new upgrade but apparently IPhone 3GS is not getting this upgrade. How ever they have been upgrading all my applications to be compatible with IOS7! Can someone please let me know whats going on? I will really appreciate it! Thanks in advance for your help!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Is IPhone 3GS getting an upgrade from IOS 7? No.

What's going on is the new iOS is now available, and developers are releasing updated apps to take advantage of all the capabilities of the new iOS7 and the new phones as well.

Jimbob27

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have found the that latest Facebook update for ios7, does not work on my 3GS (or indeed my families 3GS's).
I have tried contacting Facebook about this but of course, why shoud they care about old phones ? Often the replies I see on anything like this is, get a new phone. But i dont want to, at least, not yet.
I find it frustrating that updates are available for installation for phones which have not been properly tested.
Fair enough the ios7 is not available for 3gs, I get it, but lets at least test the apps before making them available to all please!!
Is there anyway of installing an old or previous version Facebok onto my phone ?

Thanks in advance,

J

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I use a 3GS. Just waiting for 6.1.3 jb for it. Though i will be getting 5s, I do agree they need to remember about the older devices or at least or maintain the older version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Peter Cohen

iMore staff
Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
To answer the OP's question, no. The 3GS is not getting an iOS 7 upgrade. It's simply too slow and too limited to handle the new version.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The 3GS was and still is a great phone. I know a few folks that still use it. But most deep iPhone users update at least every other model update. Anyone still using a 3GS should at least consider 4s or 5c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I thought I read in several places that Apple will leave the older versions of Apps available in the AppStore...

And to answer iEd: you're probably right, but keeping my 3GS as one and only primary phone this long wasn't for the sake of saving money... I really didn't think I needed an upgrade 2 years ago when I qualified for a new upgrade - this one was/is still rocking good: screen good/responsive, body ok, processing maybe a second goes by when I open heavy apps, full iCloud integration, battery is great actually, 3G data - pretty good in my area from AT&T, it takes couple seconds to load a 30 min youtube video, wi-fi never a problem,camera got a water drip inside, but still takes pictures. And to add to that, it's fully synced with iPad which is used primarily for entertainment, games, and photoshop drawings.

It's been dropped into water twice, screen cracked and repaired 3 times by a cheap shop. This thing is a tank. Yeh, I'm iPsyched (see what I did there) about getting a 5S soon, but now, I wonder if I can make this thing last as my everyday phone until iPhone 6. My last update was a few weeks ago, so I'm still considered current (kinda). I do need a permanent music player in the garage - that's the planned retirement for the 3GS, but for now - still rockin'...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711