Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Default picture messaging not sending

So pictures can come through just fine, but when I try to send a pic it gets stuck at the same spot each time, at about 90 percent. I have a screen shot I'm going to try and attach. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Re: picture messaging not sending

What carrier are you using? Have you been able to send MMS prior to this? Have you tried a reset?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

ok let me give a little more info now that I'm on a regular keyboard

We've had the phone about two weeks, bought it from a friend (my daughter saved up all her money she wanted an iphone and she could only afford a 3GS) for use on our Tmo account. She only has talk and text. A reset was done when it changed ownership and was in almost perfect shape. Picture texting seemed to be fine until about two days ago, nothing goes out. It gets stuck at the same exact point, and then a minute later finally shows up as "failed". Sorry its sideways, I cannot get it to rotate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture messaging not sending-20130903_180013.jpg  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

You might want to double check with T-Mo, since MMS is not always included with SMS. Make sure you actually have that on the account first.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

it is, like I said it was working until a few days ago, and then actually was working fine again this morning?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Sounds like a local service outage then. Nothing to worry about, just a minor annoyance.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,922 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

I almost suggested checking Apn settings since tmobile never sold the 3GS I assume the phone is unlocked .. I would look into that to get the correct profile set

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version

You have one bar of service, you're on EDGE, and you're on T-Mobile. Did you really expect a picture message to go through??