Error when upgrading iPhone 3GS iOS 5.1.1 to 6.0

BramantyoEdiluhung

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to upgrade my iPhone 3GS iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 6.0/the latest version by restoring the downloaded-firmware on Windows OS harddrive. Both using iTunes and jailbreaking apps (Redsnow, Snowbreeze, etc) don't work. Error comes up. I read some articles iOS 5.1.1 is for iPad, but how come it worked to my iPhone? I'd like to jailbreak my 3GS if iOS 6.0 has been installed properly. I really need a hand. Thanks in advance.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you save SHSH for 6.0 when Apple was signing it? If you did not, you cannot upgrade to it, as it is not the current firmware. However, if you have the old bootrom (here's how to find that out), you WILL have an untethered jailbreak on 6.1.3, so just update to that.

BramantyoEdiluhung

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Did you save SHSH for 6.0 when Apple was signing it? If you did not, you cannot upgrade to it, as it is not the current firmware. However, if you have the old bootrom (here's how to find that out), you WILL have an untethered jailbreak on 6.1.3, so just update to that.
I quite believe it's a new bootrom. I tried times looking in iSH**** & Tinyumbrella but still none I found. iSH**** says "The requested firmware is no longer available for signing." Where can I get the SHSH for 6.0?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You cannot get SHSH once the signing window has passed. If you're sure you're new bootrom, you can either do a tethered jailbreak on 6.1.3, or stay untethered at 5.1.1. Your choice.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods