Results 1 to 3 of 3
Charger making iPhone act crazy
So I purchased a new charger from eBay and received it in the mail. I plugged it in to charge my iPhone and noticed that the touchscreen is going crazy. Apps are being opened up on their own without me even touching the screen. While trying to text someone, keys are coming up on the screen without me touching them.
I unplugged the charger and everything is back to normal. Like nothing ever happened. I paid around $5 for the wall charger and USB sync cable. I noticed that the charger itself that plugs into the outlet has no lettering or the green dot that is visible on my wife's iPhone charger. My wife's iPhone charger was purchased from the iMore store.
So I'm assuming that the charger I purchased is bad or maybe a knockoff. What's weird is that I purchased the same charger from the same eBay seller about a month ago and that one worked fine, I just happened to loose it. The first one I purchased did have the green dot on the charger but no lettering as well. But again, it worked fine.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any replies.
- 11-20-2012, 09:02 AM #2
- 11-20-2012, 10:06 AM #3
Re: Charger making iPhone act crazy
I had a similar thing happen. Not only did it make the screen go crazy when plugged it, but it ruined the battery. I was lucky and Apple replaced my phone, as it was only about 2 months old at the time, but after using that faulty charger, my battery would drain 1% every 90 seconds.
- By fridayxiii in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2009, 10:21 PM
- By Jeremy in forum iPhone 4Replies: 7Last Post: 07-17-2008, 08:51 PM
- By byronchurch in forum iOS Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 07-07-2008, 12:03 PM
- By jmeiners in forum AccessoriesReplies: 0Last Post: 07-03-2008, 02:02 PM
- By g-funkster in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 06-29-2007, 09:46 PM