Help!!!

aesoc

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
upgraded to IOS6 yesterday and now cant charge phone or get it recognized in computer, charger, iTunes, anywhere! so its useless, has this happened anyone else and if so have you had it corrected?

cant get anything to work and its just about died on me :'o(

cant even try to put it back to previous OS as it wont connect

HELP!
charlene

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're certain that the cable isn't damaged or shorted out in any way, Try plugging it in to a wall socket for about an hour with the device turned OFF. After an hour or so, unplug it but leave the power off. Go to your computer and start the iTunes app. Now connect your device to the computer and turn it on if it does not turn on by itself. If it does and if iTunes recognizes it, reset and restore it as new.

aesoc

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
i had thought of doing a reset and restore but as i say the computer or iTunes doesnt recognize that theres anything there. tried three different cable, all in mains adaptor plus computer and in each and every USB port. phone not totally dead...yet. theres about 9% battery left and i have it turned off but will definitely try this and see if it does anything (god i hope it does!) and if it doesnt there isnt enough battery left to do it over wifi which is very annoying

aesoc

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
have updated iTunes, done a complete wipe of my phone from my phone, setting it up as a new phone and it died on me, still not registering on computer or iTunes.

any other ideas?!

CJ225

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
watch a video on how to open the phone.Then check the cable from the bottom dock and make sure its snugly connected to the motherboard.I had the same issue and thats what happened.If the connector came loose then the phone wont charge,or show up on the pc.Just be carefull when you take it apart as not to damage the three cables connected towards the top of the phone.Watch a video once,twice,three times then try it once your sure you know how to do it.

aesoc

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
phoned apple and did all the things they asked me to, none worked as i expected so they have offered me a replacement at a charge as im out of the warranty (and it also means id be moving up to a newer model - iphone4), its just soo odd that i happened alongside the upgrade... am still convinced it has to be to do with that.

anyhoo,am going to see if i can scrap the money together as its a bit tight at the minute and get it.

thanks everyone for your help!

roteteufel

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I think that it is the software update, because my wife and I are both having the same problem with our two iPhones (3GS). Our downloads started automatically and simultaneously this morning. If I plug in my telephone to a power outlet, it automatically turns on with a "photo" of a cord to be plugged into iTunes. iTunes wanted me to delete everything from my iPhone. iTunes didn't recognize my iPhone. A reboot doesn't work. Does that sound familiar to the posts of aesoc? There is no way I am going to take my iPhone apart. Some person at Apple writing code seems to have screwed up. It will take a few days for Apple to acknowledge this, if it chooses to.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I think that it is the software update, because my wife and I are both having the same problem with our two iPhones (3GS). Our downloads started automatically and simultaneously this morning. If I plug in my telephone to a power outlet, it automatically turns on with a "photo" of a cord to be plugged into iTunes. iTunes wanted me to delete everything from my iPhone. iTunes didn't recognize my iPhone. A reboot doesn't work. Does that sound familiar to the posts of aesoc? There is no way I am going to take my iPhone apart. Some person at Apple writing code seems to have screwed up. It will take a few days for Apple to acknowledge this, if it chooses to.

How about recovery mode ?

ikoxa

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

I have almost de same problem.

I have a iPhone 3GS jailbroken.
And I upgraded to iOS 6. But the iPhone not recoganize the card SIM.
On the iPhone and the iTunes.

Anyone knows what happened?
I couldn't upgrade the iOS? =/

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2