Changing iphone sim card?

androidalais

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My dad has an iphone from work. His contract is up in a few months and he is gonna get the 4s and i want his old iphone, but he has the model without the sim tray on the top. He is thinking that his iphone is just plugged into a computer and programed like cdma for that service. But i was wondering if there is a sim card inside the phone, so i could take the back off and replace it with another sim. The reason i am wondering is because i don't want to go with at&t, i want to go with t-mobile. But I don't want to buy a new phone (i am stuck with virgin mobile right now). If not i was just gonna jailbreak it and screw with it like an ipod. Can i do this, or if my dad was right are there any programs out there that can reprogram it to run on a different network?

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Wow, where to begin...

Well, if it doesn't have a sim tray, it is a Verizon iPhone 4. You can't run this on tmobile because its a CDMA phone and Tmobile is GSM.

You may be able to get Cricket, etc to reprovision it to run on its network but you would need to talk to them about it. You could also google it to see if there are any widely used hacks.

You can definitely use an iPhone without the cellular service. It would function like an iPod touch. You could even make FaceTime calls over wifi.

androidalais

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Wow, where to begin...

Well, if it doesn't have a sim tray, it is a Verizon iPhone 4. You can't run this on tmobile because its a CDMA phone and Tmobile is GSM.

You may be able to get Cricket, etc to reprovision it to run on its network but you would need to talk to them about it. You could also google it to see if there are any widely used hacks.

You can definitely use an iPhone without the cellular service. It would function like an iPod touch. You could even make FaceTime calls over wifi.

Its not cdma, I don't think verizon had the 3gs. His is a corperate version so his is without a sim slot (not sure if its a corperate deal or just a different model, I've seen a few like it). But I figured since its at&t it should have a sim somewhere inside.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2