what can an old iPhone do? GPS?

happyhunter

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking of getting an old iPhone. I do not want a cell phone or the monthly bill. I want to use the camera, iTunes player, WiFi net access and I would really like to use the GPS and map software. With a normal iPhone the maps come over the cell phone internet access. Is there a way to load the maps into the iPhone and have it work without cell service?

Thanks,
HH

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Maps will work as long as your on wifi and your location will only work when on wifi

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
With Navagon the maps are downloaded to the device. Trouble is turn by turn definitely won't work and i have never tried it out without a sim card to know how it will work. If your thinking of buying it I could try it to see.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking of getting an old iPhone. I do not want a cell phone or the monthly bill. I want to use the camera, iTunes player, WiFi net access and I would really like to use the GPS and map software. With a normal iPhone the maps come over the cell phone internet access. Is there a way to load the maps into the iPhone and have it work without cell service?

You would be better off with a recent generation iPod Touch. Then add a bluetooth GPS puck or BadElf device that plugs into the iPod's charging port... that, along with one of the several nav apps that save a full maps et on the device will give you a fully functional navigation solution, and cover the rest of your desired objectives.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2