AT&T Unlock?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
has anyone tried to have an iphone 4s unlocked??? if so how and was it successful???

When I called last night to request my iPhone 4 be unlocked, the rep asked me if I also wanted to unlock my 4S as well since I was eligible to have them both unlocked. However, I told him my 4S was already factory unlocked so it wasn't needed. I have read on other forums that people who paid full retail for their 4S were able to get their 4S unlocked. If you have the 4S just call AT&T and they'll let you know if you are eligible.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

fdezarra

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
Doesnt Exist

So I called ATT. The process was painless enough and the reps were very nice but after about 30 minutes, I was told that my 3GS was NOT eligible for an unlock because it didnt exist in the system. This 3GS that I used for 2 years and that I upgraded from has an IMEI that does not register in the system as having belonged to ANY ACCOUNT EVER.

Any ideas how this would happen. I swear I am not fooling. I used this pghone for 2 years. I'm not trying to scam ATT here. All I kept telling the agent was "That is impossible"

Could it be that I dont have a sim card installed right now? I removed it and have been using it as an iTouch.

Any ideas?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So I called ATT. The process was painless enough and the reps were very nice but after about 30 minutes, I was told that my 3GS was NOT eligible for an unlock because it didnt exist in the system. This 3GS that I used for 2 years and that I upgraded from has an IMEI that does not register in the system as having belonged to ANY ACCOUNT EVER.

Any ideas how this would happen. I swear I am not fooling. I used this pghone for 2 years. I'm not trying to scam ATT here. All I kept telling the agent was "That is impossible"

Could it be that I dont have a sim card installed right now? I removed it and have been using it as an iTouch.

Any ideas?

One question AT&T asked me about my iPhone 4 is "was it used on your current AT&T wireless number"? Mine was so they were able to find it easily in their system. If yours wasn't that "could" be the issue here, but I can't say for sure.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

jtarrio

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
can anyone most kindly give me the number to at&t cs? i live outside the US and I have an ip4 locked to at&t... lucky for me i have an unlimited international call plan to the US but i was wondering if anyone can give me the number to call and see how i can get a cs rep on the phone... i tried today with a number and i keep getting prompt by the automated system to insert an account number which i don't have since I am no at&t customer.

I called this number +1 (916) 843-4685 from Spain and I successfully got through after entering my phone number, failing to enter an account code (since I'm not a customer anymore) and selecting technical support.

MVP#IM

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
Iphone 4s Unlock request

Hey guys some assistance needed, I dont have an At&t plan but I have an I-Phone 4s which I would greatly appreciate someone helping me get it unlocked, can any of you guys that qualify spare me 1 of your 5 devices? Thanks!

Last edited:

Lugia Corp

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi, sorry but where can i request the IMEI unlock ?
Cause i'm not on USA but i have an iPhone 3GS that i like to unlock, i hope you can help me, thanks !!

thecobrasnake

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey. My name is Matias. I'm from Argentina. I have a iphone 4. I want to unlock it. (Sorry, my English is not good.) I read that I need an account to unlock it. I wanted to sign up for at & t but could not because they ask me for phone number. From my country I can not call at & t. Does anyone can help me? thank you very much, greetings from Argentina!

8ardock

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey Matias, soy de Colombia, acabo de hacer el proceso de liberaci?n del iphone 4.

Debes ingresar aqu?:
Frequently Asked Questions About International Roaming - Wireless from AT&T

Arriba a la derecha encontrar?s un bot?n que dice: "Get live help...Chat Now"
All? ingresas tus datos y un tel?fono (no importa que no sea un numero de tel?fono AT&T, yo ingres? mi numero aqu? en colombia de 10 d?gitos, uso mi iphone con Gevey sim) Dices que est?s fuera de Estados unidos, y es importante que en el cuadro de abajo coloques que es para un Unlock iphone 4.

Esperar?s unos 40 minutos (eso esper? yo) a que un representante se comunique por esa ventana de chat y te pedir? el AT&T Wireless Number, le dices que no tienes, pero que tienes el IMEI, se lo das y ya el representante har? el resto, en mi caso, me abrieron un caso con apple para que de respuesta si mi equipo est? elegido para unlock, dicen que se tomar? de 6 a 7 d?as laborales, aseg?rate de darles un EMAIL v?lido para que recibas informaci?n de apple y confirmaci?n de AT&T de si te hacen el unlock o no.

Te dar?n un n?mero de seguimiento, algo as? como un registro o prueba de que tu proceso est? en desarrollo y ya est?.

yo apenas hoy comenc? la espera, espero te sirva la informaci?n.

Si necesitas ayuda, pues postealo aqu?, tratar? de volver.

Suerte.

merculite

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Help

I bought my friend's old iPhone 4 from him a few weeks ago, but I am not an ATT customer. How can I get ATT to unlock it for me? Thank you in advance!

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
im trying to call from India. it says "you are not allowed to call this number"

how do i get my phone unlocked? i bought it off contract at full price.

ryanrickard85

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
YOU DON'T HAVE TO RESTORE TO UNLOCK YOUR IPHONE SO YOU CAN KEEP YOU JAILBREAK!!!!!!

For all those iPhone 4 or 3GS users with an untethered jailbreak there's a method to retain it. You need to download the lastest version of redsnow 0.9.10b6.
* connect ur iPhone w/computer and run redsnow
** click jailbreak then put ur phone in DFU mode for those who don't know (hold home and power 10 sec. Then release power and cont. holding home for 20 sec.)
*** IMPORTANT uncheck all boxes except for the deactivate box then redsnow takes it from there
**** once done eject sim from phone and turn off
***** then turn phone back on and connect to iTunes then insert your sim back in the phone
and AT&T will give u THE UNLOCK MESSAGE tah duh

LDGirl

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
YOU DON'T HAVE TO RESTORE TO UNLOCK YOUR IPHONE SO YOU CAN KEEP YOU JAILBREAK!!!!!!

For all those iPhone 4 or 3GS users with an untethered jailbreak there's a method to retain it. You need to download the lastest version of redsnow 0.9.10b6.
* connect ur iPhone w/computer and run redsnow
** click jailbreak then put ur phone in DFU mode for those who don't know (hold home and power 10 sec. Then release power and cont. holding home for 20 sec.)
*** IMPORTANT uncheck all boxes except for the deactivate box then redsnow takes it from there
**** once done eject sim from phone and turn off
***** then turn phone back on and connect to iTunes then insert your sim back in the phone
and AT&T will give u THE UNLOCK MESSAGE tah duh
Hello ryanrickard85,

my iPhone 4 has the untethered jailbreak but I don't mind if I lose it. I'm afraid of plugging in my iPhone in the iTunes and because of the jailbreak the unlock would not work. Is it possible?

My iPhone 4 is baseband 4.11.08 and if I restore it in the iTunes this baseband will be upgraded. The unlock with AT&T works with any baseband? Even if the baseband is higher than the 4.11.08 one?

I don't have a sim card from AT&T so is not possible for me to do the procedure you explained on the previous post.

What do you recommend me? Do the restore before initiating the unlock process or try the unlock process with the jailbreak in my phone?

Thank you in advance!

Basanez

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello ryanrickard85,

my iPhone 4 has the untethered jailbreak but I don't mind if I lose it. I'm afraid of plugging in my iPhone in the iTunes and because of the jailbreak the unlock would not work. Is it possible?

My iPhone 4 is baseband 4.11.08 and if I restore it in the iTunes this baseband will be upgraded. The unlock with AT&T works with any baseband? Even if the baseband is higher than the 4.11.08 one?

I don't have a sim card from AT&T so is not possible for me to do the procedure you explained on the previous post.

What do you recommend me? Do the restore before initiating the unlock process or try the unlock process with the jailbreak in my phone?

Thank you in advance!

I have a 3GS, which was jailbroken and had ultras0w with an old baseband and when I received the email that my iPhone was ready to be unlocked, I went ahead and backed it up and restored it, only to find that the unlock would not work unless I had an AT&T sim card in the phone. I did not mind, as I can just purchase an adapter for my iPhone 4S microSIm so that I can activate my iPhone 3GS, but if you are outside the US and have no AT&T SIM card I would wait and see.

LDGirl

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 4 eligible to unlock but with jailbreak

I have a 3GS, which was jailbroken and had ultras0w with an old baseband and when I received the email that my iPhone was ready to be unlocked, I went ahead and backed it up and restored it, only to find that the unlock would not work unless I had an AT&T sim card in the phone. I did not mind, as I can just purchase an adapter for my iPhone 4S microSIm so that I can activate my iPhone 3GS, but if you are outside the US and have no AT&T SIM card I would wait and see.

Basanez,

When I called AT&T to ask for the unlocking they told me that while doing the process to unlock my iPhone has to be with the SIM Card from the carrier I'm client here in Brazil. So it's not for me to unlock with an AT&T sim card in the iPhone.

Have you tried to unlock with another sim card (not AT&T) or without sim card in the iPhone?