Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    iPhone Nanite

Try this site:

simunlocks.com

I unlocked mine there.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Angry

I had trouble unlocking my phone via AT&T as I wasn't a customer of theirs, but why are all these sites offering factory unlocking service at so many different prices? Mostly are $100 and more, which seem ridiculous when there are sites offering the same service at $45.

For instance, http://globalunlockcodes.com (the one I used) offers the service at $45. Yeah, I wish I'd pay nothing instead, but $45 isn't much to ask for considering that the rest of us non-AT&T consumers have no other option for getting our phones permanently unlocked.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

You can unlock your iPhone 4 using the site Mobileunlocksolutions.com.
    It gives the unlock codes and the step by step instructions for unlocking by
    giving your IMEI no. It gives unlock services at reliable cost.
    iPhone Nanite

Just unlocked my iPhone 4S 64GB AT&T via apples database with negri Electronics, check them out here:

Remote Unlocking for AT&T Apple iPhone (Permanent) (24 Hour Service)

Enter in coupon code of MODMYUNLOCK and you will get this 24 hour unlock service for $20.00 total. I do believe its AT&T Only telling me they have someone on the inside with AT&T sending the IMEI numbers to apple getting them unlocked. Either way well worth $20.00.

Got my Confirmation email that I was unlocked in about 25 hours after purchasing and restored in iTunes and got the "Congratulations your unlocked Message"!!!!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,443 Global Posts

Anyone with AT&T should first try to get their iPhone unlocked through AT&T before trying any of these sites. It is free and quick and easy. AT&T unlocked my 4S last night for free in less than 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.
    iMore Pro

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    Anyone with AT&T should first try to get their iPhone unlocked through AT&T before trying any of these sites. It is free and quick and easy. AT&T unlocked my 4S last night for free in less than 15 minutes.

Don't you have to be off-contract do get them to unlock it?
    - iPhone 6; Space Grey, 64GB
    - iPhone 5S; Space Grey, 16GB
    - iPad mini; White & Silver, 16GB
    - iPod Nano; Black & Slate, 16GB
    - iPod touch 4G; 8GB
    - MacBook Pro; 13" (custom, early 2012)

"You'll always be two steps behind me."

You'll shoot your eye out!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,443 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exxod View Post
    Don't you have to be off-contract do get them to unlock it?
    According to the info that is posted in the following link a person would have to meet their contractual agreement for the iPhone that is being unlocked. If they were leaving AT&T and paid the ETF they would be eligible to have it unlocked as well.
    http://forums.att.com/t5/Apple-Commu...n/td-p/3260825

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    According to the info that is posted in the following link a person would have to meet their contractual agreement for the iPhone that is being unlocked. If they were leaving AT&T and paid the ETF they would be eligible to have it unlocked as well.
    iPhone Unlock Information - AT&T Community Support

So is your 4S off-contract right now? Or did you get around that somehow?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,636 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    Mine was purchased locked, but I found a way to get around it and it's now unlocked.
    blah blah blah witty signature blah blah blah
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,443 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    Off contract. I purchased it new on eBay.

iPhone Nanite

Default Re: AT&T Unlock?

I tried to get my old iPhone 4 unlocked by AT&T, I filled out the online form, yesterday, about one week later, I got an email telling me that the phone was not active, or the account was closed. Therefore, the phone didn't qualify to be unlocked. I called AT&T, and was told that it was actually Apple that unlocks the phones, and that I needed to talk to them or better yet, being it to one of their stores.
    The phone isn't active since I have a new iPhone. That do I need to do to get the phone unlocked?
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: AT&T Unlock? HELP

I was wondering if you can help me. I have an old ATT iphone 3gs that I just recently unlocked for my wife so she can use it on her Tmo account and already has a SIM that fits the 3gs. I cant for the life of me figure out why it wont work. It says " only compatible sim cards from a supported carrier may be used to active iPhone. Please insert the SIM that came with your iphone or visit a supported carriers store to receive a replacement card."
    What I have done from the beginning :
    1) Call ATT, get the link to unlock. Filled everything out.
    2) Received a Phone Unlock Request
    3) Received "How to complete Authorized iPhone unlock"
    4) I updated, backed up, restored the 3gs,
    5) Called ATT to insure the phone is unlocked.
    6) Called Tmo 4 times. They repeat to me what I tell them from the message on the iphone.

It has been 3 days. I do not know what to do. I called Apple but they just want to charge me for help. The first time I called Tmo, they seemed like they knew what to do and took my IMEI and everything. Any ideas what I am missing ? What is this unlock code I keep reading about ? Never got one. Any help would be great, thank you !
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123