- 07-16-2012, 01:00 PM #51
- 08-13-2012, 03:21 PM #52iPhone Nanite
- 5 Posts
- 08-16-2012, 01:07 AM #53
- 08-28-2012, 05:11 PM #54
- 08-29-2012, 10:43 PM #55
- 08-29-2012, 10:48 PM #56iMore Intermediate
- iPhone 5S; Space Grey, 16GB
- 460 Posts
- iOS Version
- iPhone 5; Black & Slate, 16GB
- iPad mini; White & Silver, 16GB
- iPod Nano; Black & Slate, 16GB
- iPod touch 4G; 8GB
- MacBook Pro; 13" (custom, early 2012)
"You'll always be two steps behind me."
- 08-29-2012, 10:56 PM #57
- 08-29-2012, 11:49 PM #58
- 08-30-2012, 12:09 AM #59
- 08-30-2012, 05:06 AM #60
- 10-24-2012, 09:38 AM #61
Re: AT&T Unlock?
I tried to get my old iPhone 4 unlocked by AT&T, I filled out the online form, yesterday, about one week later, I got an email telling me that the phone was not active, or the account was closed. Therefore, the phone didn't qualify to be unlocked. I called AT&T, and was told that it was actually Apple that unlocks the phones, and that I needed to talk to them or better yet, being it to one of their stores.
The phone isn't active since I have a new iPhone. That do I need to do to get the phone unlocked?
- 04-01-2013, 07:22 PM #62
Re: AT&T Unlock? HELP
I was wondering if you can help me. I have an old ATT iphone 3gs that I just recently unlocked for my wife so she can use it on her Tmo account and already has a SIM that fits the 3gs. I cant for the life of me figure out why it wont work. It says " only compatible sim cards from a supported carrier may be used to active iPhone. Please insert the SIM that came with your iphone or visit a supported carriers store to receive a replacement card."
What I have done from the beginning :
1) Call ATT, get the link to unlock. Filled everything out.
2) Received a Phone Unlock Request
3) Received "How to complete Authorized iPhone unlock"
4) I updated, backed up, restored the 3gs,
5) Called ATT to insure the phone is unlocked.
6) Called Tmo 4 times. They repeat to me what I tell them from the message on the iphone.
It has been 3 days. I do not know what to do. I called Apple but they just want to charge me for help. The first time I called Tmo, they seemed like they knew what to do and took my IMEI and everything. Any ideas what I am missing ? What is this unlock code I keep reading about ? Never got one. Any help would be great, thank you !