Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    iPhone Nanite

Default Iphone 4s Unlock request

Hey guys some assistance needed, I dont have an At&t plan but I have an I-Phone 4s which I would greatly appreciate someone helping me get it unlocked, can any of you guys that qualify spare me 1 of your 5 devices? Thanks!
    Last edited by MVP; 04-09-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: g
    iPhone Nanite

Hi, sorry but where can i request the IMEI unlock ?
    Cause i'm not on USA but i have an iPhone 3GS that i like to unlock, i hope you can help me, thanks !!
    iPhone Nanite

Hey. My name is Matias. I'm from Argentina. I have a iphone 4. I want to unlock it. (Sorry, my English is not good.) I read that I need an account to unlock it. I wanted to sign up for at & t but could not because they ask me for phone number. From my country I can not call at & t. Does anyone can help me? thank you very much, greetings from Argentina!
    iPhone Nanite

Hey Matias, soy de Colombia, acabo de hacer el proceso de liberación del iphone 4.

Debes ingresar aquí:
    Frequently Asked Questions About International Roaming - Wireless from AT&T

Arriba a la derecha encontrarás un botón que dice: "Get live help...Chat Now"
    Allí ingresas tus datos y un teléfono (no importa que no sea un numero de teléfono AT&T, yo ingresé mi numero aquí en colombia de 10 dígitos, uso mi iphone con Gevey sim) Dices que estás fuera de Estados unidos, y es importante que en el cuadro de abajo coloques que es para un Unlock iphone 4.

Esperarás unos 40 minutos (eso esperé yo) a que un representante se comunique por esa ventana de chat y te pedirá el AT&T Wireless Number, le dices que no tienes, pero que tienes el IMEI, se lo das y ya el representante hará el resto, en mi caso, me abrieron un caso con apple para que de respuesta si mi equipo está elegido para unlock, dicen que se tomará de 6 a 7 días laborales, asegúrate de darles un EMAIL válido para que recibas información de apple y confirmación de AT&T de si te hacen el unlock o no.

Te darán un número de seguimiento, algo así como un registro o prueba de que tu proceso está en desarrollo y ya está.

yo apenas hoy comencé la espera, espero te sirva la información.

Si necesitas ayuda, pues postealo aquí, trataré de volver.

Suerte.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Help

I bought my friend's old iPhone 4 from him a few weeks ago, but I am not an ATT customer. How can I get ATT to unlock it for me? Thank you in advance!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    iOS Version

im trying to call from India. it says "you are not allowed to call this number"

how do i get my phone unlocked? i bought it off contract at full price.
    iPhone 5s 16gb (8.0)
    MacBook Pro 2.4 (10.10)
    iPod Classic 160gb (grey)
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default No AT&T no dice

If the phone has never been on YOUR AT&T account, there is no way to unlock it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    iOS Version

was bought before the factory unlocked days.. was just bought outright from the store.
    iPhone 5s 16gb (8.0)
    MacBook Pro 2.4 (10.10)
    iPod Classic 160gb (grey)
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

YOU DON'T HAVE TO RESTORE TO UNLOCK YOUR IPHONE SO YOU CAN KEEP YOU JAILBREAK!!!!!!

For all those iPhone 4 or 3GS users with an untethered jailbreak there's a method to retain it. You need to download the lastest version of redsnow 0.9.10b6.
    * connect ur iPhone w/computer and run redsnow
    ** click jailbreak then put ur phone in DFU mode for those who don't know (hold home and power 10 sec. Then release power and cont. holding home for 20 sec.)
    *** IMPORTANT uncheck all boxes except for the deactivate box then redsnow takes it from there
    **** once done eject sim from phone and turn off
    ***** then turn phone back on and connect to iTunes then insert your sim back in the phone
    and AT&T will give u THE UNLOCK MESSAGE tah duh
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Unlock without losing your jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    Is a restore a requirement? I'd rather not restore, being jailbroken.
    Check out my post on page 4 for a detailed instructions on unlocking AT&T iPhone without having to restore your iPhone and msintaing your untethered jailbreak
    iPhone Nanite

I'm outside of USA now. Is there anybody could help me unlock my iphone4 for calling ATT? I give u my IMEI number and Email
    iPhone Nanite

I do not have an account with AT&T. I purchased an iphone 4 on Amazon. Will AT&T still unlock it?
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by ryanrickard85 View Post
    YOU DON'T HAVE TO RESTORE TO UNLOCK YOUR IPHONE SO YOU CAN KEEP YOU JAILBREAK!!!!!!

For all those iPhone 4 or 3GS users with an untethered jailbreak there's a method to retain it. You need to download the lastest version of redsnow 0.9.10b6.
    * connect ur iPhone w/computer and run redsnow
    ** click jailbreak then put ur phone in DFU mode for those who don't know (hold home and power 10 sec. Then release power and cont. holding home for 20 sec.)
    *** IMPORTANT uncheck all boxes except for the deactivate box then redsnow takes it from there
    **** once done eject sim from phone and turn off
    ***** then turn phone back on and connect to iTunes then insert your sim back in the phone
    and AT&T will give u THE UNLOCK MESSAGE tah duh
    Hello ryanrickard85,

my iPhone 4 has the untethered jailbreak but I don't mind if I lose it. I'm afraid of plugging in my iPhone in the iTunes and because of the jailbreak the unlock would not work. Is it possible?

My iPhone 4 is baseband 4.11.08 and if I restore it in the iTunes this baseband will be upgraded. The unlock with AT&T works with any baseband? Even if the baseband is higher than the 4.11.08 one?

I don't have a sim card from AT&T so is not possible for me to do the procedure you explained on the previous post.

What do you recommend me? Do the restore before initiating the unlock process or try the unlock process with the jailbreak in my phone?

Thank you in advance!
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LDGirl View Post
    Hello ryanrickard85,

my iPhone 4 has the untethered jailbreak but I don't mind if I lose it. I'm afraid of plugging in my iPhone in the iTunes and because of the jailbreak the unlock would not work. Is it possible?

My iPhone 4 is baseband 4.11.08 and if I restore it in the iTunes this baseband will be upgraded. The unlock with AT&T works with any baseband? Even if the baseband is higher than the 4.11.08 one?

I don't have a sim card from AT&T so is not possible for me to do the procedure you explained on the previous post.

What do you recommend me? Do the restore before initiating the unlock process or try the unlock process with the jailbreak in my phone?

Thank you in advance!
    I have a 3GS, which was jailbroken and had ultras0w with an old baseband and when I received the email that my iPhone was ready to be unlocked, I went ahead and backed it up and restored it, only to find that the unlock would not work unless I had an AT&T sim card in the phone. I did not mind, as I can just purchase an adapter for my iPhone 4S microSIm so that I can activate my iPhone 3GS, but if you are outside the US and have no AT&T SIM card I would wait and see.
    iPhone Nanite

Default iPhone 4 eligible to unlock but with jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by Basanez View Post
    I have a 3GS, which was jailbroken and had ultras0w with an old baseband and when I received the email that my iPhone was ready to be unlocked, I went ahead and backed it up and restored it, only to find that the unlock would not work unless I had an AT&T sim card in the phone. I did not mind, as I can just purchase an adapter for my iPhone 4S microSIm so that I can activate my iPhone 3GS, but if you are outside the US and have no AT&T SIM card I would wait and see.

Basanez,

When I called AT&T to ask for the unlocking they told me that while doing the process to unlock my iPhone has to be with the SIM Card from the carrier I'm client here in Brazil. So it's not for me to unlock with an AT&T sim card in the iPhone.

Have you tried to unlock with another sim card (not AT&T) or without sim card in the iPhone?
    iPhone Nanite

Question Anyone managed to unlock with a non-AT&T SIM in the phone

I've seen a few other people in this situation. I upgraded from 3GS to 4S and now trying to unlock 3GS. AT&T sent me confirmation email. However I cannot complete the restore because I have no SIM in the phone. I can see 2 options:

1- buy adapter to put my new microSIM from 4S in the 3GS
    2- try to unlock with a non-AT&T SIM (I have access to T-Mobile)

I have tried #2 but it doesn't work for me ("not a valid SIM").

Has anyone had success with either approach?
    Please share details. Thanks!
    iPhone Nanite

Default hi

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonejunkie3 View Post
    Today, 4/8/12, I called AT&T to unlock my contract free 3GS. Took 30 minutes on T's end to get the unlock code, and only 5 minutes to perform a backup and restore via iTunes. Interestingly enough, the phone number shows as NA in the iTunes screen. Same IMEI and ICCID if you click on the same spot.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ksws4e
    Who is the number for at&t i want call for ublock my iphone plz
    iPhone Nanite

Default Unlock Request

Hey everyone.

I live in Canada and purchased iPhones for me and my wife.
    Before I purchased them I read up on unlocking, and even called T to find out that if I'm not an AT&T account holder that they would run the IMEI number and check the status of the previous owner of the phone.

I ordered two used phones on ebay and called AT&T. They opened a case and it would take about 8 days. I called after 12 and the guy I spoke to said the policy has changed and that the unlock requester HAS to be a current or past AT@T customer.

Would any of you be able to help me out and request the unlock for these phones?
    You can email me at kevinbuzz@shaw.ca

Thank you.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm having problems with not being a current AT&T customer as well. I was on AT&T previously, but never had the iPhone on it. They said that their policy has changed and that the unlock is only for current customers. Any ideas on what I could do?
    iPhone Nanite

Hi,

I need help to unlock AT&T iphones. I will pay $20 for each iphone that you can unlock.

Thanks for your help.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Help me unlock plz

Hi there dear friend
    I am a soldier in the IDF
    I own an iPhone 4 from AT&T network
    Which I want to be unlocked for use with other network
    AT&T are refusing to unlock it as Iam not current AT&T costumer
    Only a current costumer can unlock an iPhone 4
    It's free of charge and will only take about 5 minutes
    With the online chat or with the toll free number 18003310500
    Just supply the 12 digits Imei number of the iPhone
    And it's unlocked in 5 minutes
    I am willing to transfer 20$ with PayPal to you
    When it's done
    Ty for your time hope you will help me with this issue
    My email : arielm76@gmail.com
    iPhone Nanite

Default Help me unlock plz

Hi there dear friend
    I am a soldier in the IDF
    When it's done
    My email : arielm76@gmail.com
    iPhone Nanite

Hi there dear friend
    I am a soldier in the IDA
    When it's done
    iPhone Nanite

Here is no one willing to earn money. Please help me..
    iPhone Nanite

Now with release of new Unlock service: Permanent IMEI unlock ( Factory unlock). The unlocking is permanent. Even if the iPhone will be upgraded, it remains unlocked. The unlocking works for all iPhone: 3G/3GS /4/4S in any iOS version.
    Source: MEI Unlock
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast