Should I buy a 3GS?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Your 3GS works fine right now, but don't be surprised if you notice a significant performance decrease when iOS 6 is released. This is the same story people with the 3G experienced, and it's destined for the 3GS as well (as it is nearing the end of it's relevancy in the modern smart phone world).

It's a fine phone, but it isn't going to remain a well performing device when it comes to the new features and future updates, you will definitely notice the change.

friskies64

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Your 3GS works fine right now, but don't be surprised if you notice a significant performance decrease when iOS 6 is released. This is the same story people with the 3G experienced, and it's destined for the 3GS as well (as it is nearing the end of it's relevancy in the modern smart phone world).

It's a fine phone, but it isn't going to remain a well performing device when it comes to the new features and future updates, you will definitely notice the change.

I saw a video of iOS 6 Beta 1 on a 3GS and it still ran smoothly. I don't know if anything has changed since that beta.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
iOS 4 ran smoothly on the 3G as well in Beta form...and we see how that went. Will it be that severe a change? Maybe not, the 3GS does have a substantially better processor and is an overall better phone than the 3G was...but i still feel that model is nearing its end cycle when it comes to performance with the current software.

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Check ebay, you may find a body damaged iPhone 4 in that price range as well, since you need speed more than other things so it would be better for you to go for it!

friskies64

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Check ebay, you may find a body damaged iPhone 4 in that price range as well, since you need speed more than other things so it would be better for you to go for it!

I need an unlock as well and 3GS unlocks are easier as in more unlock-able basebands (I'm skeptical of the Gevey SIM calling an emergency number). I've also had my 3GS for a few months now and it appears people have missed that. I'm not buying a new phone already. :/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices