Iphone 3gs stuck on apple logo

kdndk

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 3gs, and i broke the screen and i fixed it myself and when i turned it on after the fix all that i see on the screen is the apple logo. I opened the phone again and made sure everything is connected but the problem remained the same. The wierd thing is that it is recognized in iTunes without any problems. It even is able to sync, but the screen just shows the apple logo. I have tried entering DFU mode and restoring a couple times now and it only restores 4.1 firmware and i coulndt restore any other firmware cuz it gives me error 3194
Also my connector #3 is broken on the mother board.
Ok so here is what happes in my phone.
The phone turns on and i see the apple logo for about 5 minutes. Then i see the spinning wheel on top of the logo for about 5 minutes. then it restarts and does the same thing over and over...
Please help THNX!!!:)

Mrozzy123

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried booting it manually from redsnow? Download the latest version of redsnow from iphone dev team's website,, once downloaded unzip and run the exe as administrator,, then a page should appear, click on extras then click on "just boot",,, follow the on-screen instructions and BAM... It should be working :D

richg78

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Fix

iPhone 3gs
iOS 5.0.1
Untethered jailbroken using RedSn0w

I just had this problem last night after replacing my screen. My connector 3 is also broken. This is not a software or jailbreak problem, it is strictly hardware. It is related to how the phone boots. If it sees and error in the proximity sensor (connecter 3) the phone will continuously boot. The procedure to fix this is a follows:

1. Turn the Phone off. (Make sure it is off this will not work unless it is)
2. Take off the display and unplug the cable 3 from the broken port
3. Plug in the other two display cables (display and digitizer)
4. Turn the iPhone on. (it should boot up just fine)
5. Once it is booted up, Press the lock button on the top and put the display to sleep. Remove the two display connectors and reinstall connector 3 and the other two display cables.

Your phone should be working after this. I have rebooted my 3gs multiple times and it boots up normally every time.

You might be able to get away with leaving connector 3 disconnected. I am not sure. I have not tried that yet.

Let me know if it works for you too!

kdndk

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried booting it manually from redsnow? Download the latest version of redsnow from iphone dev team's website,, once downloaded unzip and run the exe as administrator,, then a page should appear, click on extras then click on "just boot",,, follow the on-screen instructions and BAM... It should be working :D
I just tried this and now its stuck on a pineapple logo instead of an apple logo. Any idea whats wrong?

kdndk

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 3gs
iOS 5.0.1
Untethered jailbroken using RedSn0w

I just had this problem last night after replacing my screen. My connector 3 is also broken. This is not a software or jailbreak problem, it is strictly hardware. It is related to how the phone boots. If it sees and error in the proximity sensor (connecter 3) the phone will continuously boot. The procedure to fix this is a follows:

1. Turn the Phone off. (Make sure it is off this will not work unless it is)
2. Take off the display and unplug the cable 3 from the broken port
3. Plug in the other two display cables (display and digitizer)
4. Turn the iPhone on. (it should boot up just fine)
5. Once it is booted up, Press the lock button on the top and put the display to sleep. Remove the two display connectors and reinstall connector 3 and the other two display cables.

Your phone should be working after this. I have rebooted my 3gs multiple times and it boots up normally every time.

You might be able to get away with leaving connector 3 disconnected. I am not sure. I have not tried that yet.

Let me know if it works for you too!
my connecter 3 is completely broken and i cant insert the cable in there. Should i get my connector 3 fixed?