3GS DATA and Wifi Intermittent after upgrade to IOS 5

iamPAULTOT

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
HI,

I recently upgraded the 3gs i have to ios5. at first it was working fine til i have noticed that the data service as well as the network signal is intermittent. Whenever i use an application that requires internet connection, if not a succesful log in it will be connection failed. i can only browse and make use of internet-dependent apps if i am at home using my wifi in which i have to be in flight mode just to secure very good connection. any idea on what i can? is it advisable that i downgrade back to ios4? help! i am already frustrated with my device. thanks a heap.

gustavomenbar

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Did you have the iPad baseband? If so follow these steps this is how i fix it:

1) Use cydia to instal SAM even if you activated with official sim
2) De activate phone with sam
3) Re-run redsn0w b7 or newer JB with nothing checked- Redsn0w will hactivate and apply the fix during hactivation
3) De activate with sam
4) Re-activate with itunes and official sim or reactivate with sam.

I followed the steps (I used redsn0w 0.9.10b3) and haven?t lost signal since. So far so good. Like you said, hopefully they fix this in a later version of redsn0w.

Cydia repository for SAM: http://repo.bingner.com

iamPAULTOT

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
i believe it is in ipad baseband. how will i know by the way if it is in the said baseband?

Did you have the iPad baseband? If so follow these steps this is how i fix it:

1) Use cydia to instal SAM even if you activated with official sim
2) De activate phone with sam
3) Re-run redsn0w b7 or newer JB with nothing checked- Redsn0w will hactivate and apply the fix during hactivation
3) De activate with sam
4) Re-activate with itunes and official sim or reactivate with sam.

I followed the steps (I used redsn0w 0.9.10b3) and haven?t lost signal since. So far so good. Like you said, hopefully they fix this in a later version of redsn0w.

Cydia repository for SAM: http://repo.bingner.com