3GS DATA and Wifi Intermittent after upgrade to IOS 5
I recently upgraded the 3gs i have to ios5. at first it was working fine til i have noticed that the data service as well as the network signal is intermittent. Whenever i use an application that requires internet connection, if not a succesful log in it will be connection failed. i can only browse and make use of internet-dependent apps if i am at home using my wifi in which i have to be in flight mode just to secure very good connection. any idea on what i can? is it advisable that i downgrade back to ios4? help! i am already frustrated with my device. thanks a heap.
- 01-02-2012, 08:36 PM #2
- 01-02-2012, 10:24 PM #3iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
Did you have the iPad baseband? If so follow these steps this is how i fix it:
1) Use cydia to instal SAM even if you activated with official sim
2) De activate phone with sam
3) Re-run redsn0w b7 or newer JB with nothing checked- Redsn0w will hactivate and apply the fix during hactivation
3) De activate with sam
4) Re-activate with itunes and official sim or reactivate with sam.
I followed the steps (I used redsn0w 0.9.10b3) and havenít lost signal since. So far so good. Like you said, hopefully they fix this in a later version of redsn0w.
Cydia repository for SAM: http://repo.bingner.com
- 01-02-2012, 10:36 PM #4