Cracked Screen Question

dyepb_16

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
so im trying to get into buying broken iphones and re-selling them to make some extra cash. I'm more than capable of taking them apart to replace what ever needs to be replaced my only problem is trying to figure out what exactly needs to be replaced so i know what i can offer. Right now i have a guy offering an 8gb 3gs that has a crack on the front but he says the touchscreen and everything still works fine. So my question is do i just need to replace the front glass? Also what exactly does the digitizer do? I see on websites that they sell the front screen and digitizer combo but i dont know what they digitizer is. And finally is there a separate part that makes it touch screen? and if so whats it called?

Thanks a bunch to anyone that helps im trying to learn this stuff as quickly as possible so a big thanks to anyone who gives me some input.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
The digitizer is the outside of the screen that actually picks up your fingers (digit) touch. As far as I know the screen and digitizer are glued together on iPhones and I haven't really heard of anyone trying to separate them (which may in case damage the digitizer anyway) so your best bet would be to just replace the whole unit. A website you may want to check out is dealextreme.com the parts are cheap and shipping is free, but they come from china so it does take a while, you may want to get a few phones to fix at a time and order in bulk if you go that route just to save you waiting constantly on cheaper parts.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
So it may be the 4/4s that the screen and digitizer are glued together because on dealextreme they have just the screen for the 3gs

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I love it lol some cables and stuff are kinda sub par for quality. But most stuff I have ordered from there has looked just like apples original products. Just allow 2-3 weeks for delivery it does take a while

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods