Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 3GS rebuild

Hey guys I had a friend try to change the back housing got about 90 percent and realized he attempted more than he was able to ... I have done most repairs but never a 3GS complete housing I looked for some videos but none show me step by step how to put it back together .. Normally not a big deal except I got handed a bag of screws and 3GS parts lol so I didn't take it apart
    screws are not mapped out nothing ,
    does anyone know a site with a good reassembly how to video ? Any help I would appreciate
    iPhone Intermediate

137 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

look for a site with a good teardown and follow the instructions backwards.
    iMore Intermediate

363 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,081 Global Posts

Try youtube. I hear that is a rather hairy beast to disassemble and reassemble, that came from someone who fixes iPhones and iPads for a living.... Good luck!
    iMore Pro

715 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    does anyone know a site with a good reassembly how to video?
    iFixit is the place for you
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I got it thanks guys wasn't so bad i finished the case swap an all is good its not so bad until it gets to that dang ribbon cable lol I fix them too on the side to make money lol I've done iPhone 4 and 3G and now 3GS I haven't tried a iPad yet but doesn't seem hard at least you got more room to work with lol here is the finished product Went from white to chrome

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Another one for you guys diff 3GS motherboard is bowed and made screen rise up ( battery probably expanded ) I never seen this so thought I would share I haven't pulled the board to see if it will go flat again yet lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iPhone Newbie

10 Posts

Check out iRepairFast, they have a blog with a teardown...