Trouble restoring

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I just got a 3gs from my cousin. Im having trouble restoring via itunes. It downloads then tells me that to check network connectivity. Then it wont restore. Any help is appreciated. Here's a pic of the serial number if it helps.
2011-10-24_16-38-39_241.jpg

Sent via r3blurr3d bionic

Last edited:

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
no. i havent. should i look into it? im new to iphone, so be easy on me please:D
i did try to download the software on its own and attempt to manually restore using the download but also got an error doing that, i forgot what the message was so i will check again

Last edited:

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
ok. when i hold shift (using pc) and click the restore button to select the file i want to use for restore. it tells me that the firmware file isnt compatible. so i cant do it manually. please help. im currently downloading ios 4.2 so i can see if that will work. ive been at this pretty much all day with no success:confused:

update: 4.2 gives me the same error message. looks like im stuck

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
U can't load a older version because apple stops signing them hmm I'm gonna think bout this thou you can only load the newest

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: sicario666

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Does this iPhone boot still ? If so what software is it currently running ? And whats the modem firmware ?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it might have been unlocked with the baseband updated

Download tiny umbrella and see if you can see what software it's on.
You can also try some options in there to kick it out of recovery to see of it will boot. If that don't work

Try loading a custom firmware that preserves the baseband create one using snowbreeze you will need to download snowbreeze and the iOS 5 Ipsw then use it to create your custom Ipsw and do a shift restore and select your custom file

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I think the network connection timed out because the host file has been changed so it's trying to contact apple and it set to look somewhere else. Before doing anything do a search on where to find the host file and see if it's been edited. You can fix the file and that might solve your problem first. Sorry for all the possible solutions It's hard to say with out knowing exactly what happen or what software it was on when you started all this

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh no worries. I appreciate all of the help. My cousin isn't into jailbreaking and hacking. Im not sure what os she was on,I don't even think she knows. Im gonna try and take the phone to apple tomorrow and see if they can help me out. If that doesn't get me any positive results i'll take a stab at what you've explained. What you're saying about the timeout makes perfect sense though.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If you computer has ever been used to jailbreak ?? Could be the prob too when I updated to ios5 I had a issue too. If you have another comp try hooking to that and restore or when u go to apple that will be the first thing they try if it works for them it def is something on your computer

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I used it to jb my ipad. But I restored the ipad and deleted redsnow and everything used to jb. I tried my moms laptop which hasn't been used to do anything like jailbreaking. It did the same thing in there. We've both tried to update to ios5 as well and haven't been successful.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaning more to the custom firmware solution but see what apple does I'm sure of they can they will replace it

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Well im at the apple store right now. Let's see what happens. Of course. I couldn't get the phone into dfu when I was there. Neither could the "associate" so I have an appointment scheduled with a "genius" tomorrow.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods