Help please, iphone 3gs wont boot up.

sutt1576

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
HI GUYS

a few months ago i brought my daughter a 3gs for her birthday.

problem is now something has happened to the phone now and it now just sits on the apple logo i have no idea what has happened or why. once the phone has got to the logo all i can do is press both the home and power button to shut the phone down as power button on its own will not shut it down.

any help with this would be great thanks

Crisdean

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Press and hold the power button and home button. When the phone loads up keep the home button pressed and leave the charging cable in.

sutt1576

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i have done that but again it just boots back to the same point and stops.

is anyone able to help with this please,

Last edited:

kikideath

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you buy the phone from Apple or an authorized reseller or is it used? If it's still under warranty bring it to the Apple store. What I would recommend doing is called a DFU restore, which is basically putting the phone into a firmware update mode before restoring it. Doing so not only restores the software but restores the firmware as well. In order to do this, plug the iPhone into your computer with iTunes open, press and hold both the home button as well as the sleep wake button. Once the screen turns off, continue to hold both buttons for a couple of seconds. Then, release the sleep/wake button but DO NOT release the home button. You should see an iTunes prompt that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode and must be restored. So long as your iPhone screen displays nothing and you get this prompt, congratulations! You've successfully put your phone into DFU mode. Then, press the restore button in iTunes and let it do its thing.

Mckenzie500

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
HI GUYS

a few months ago i brought my daughter a 3gs for her birthday.

problem is now something has happened to the phone now and it now just sits on the apple logo i have no idea what has happened or why. once the phone has got to the logo all i can do is press both the home and power button to shut the phone down as power button on its own will not shut it down.

any help with this would be great thanks

How many apps you've installed?

ovidiu1305

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
yes you should restore using dfu, but not a stock firmware, but a custom firmware without baseband update made with snowbreeze because your iphone may have the ipad baseband and a restore with normal firmware will just put it in the same state

Last edited: