Passcode & recovery help

starstylers67

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased an iphone 3gs from ebay. The phone was purchased as-is and it had a passcode on it so i figured i could just restore it and use it.

From the iphone, I can't enter recovery mode, but it seems that I can enter DFU mode.

When I try to recover it, i always get either error code 20 or 3194

Can anyone help me restore this phone so I could use it again

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
iTunes error 20 and 3194 are usually because the Apple OS verification server is blocked in your hosts file. If you use TinyUmbrella, it blocks it by default. Erase the lines that have gs.apple.com in them, save, then reboot. You should be good to go..

Reactions: starstylers67

starstylers67

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
iTunes error 20 and 3194 are usually because the Apple OS verification server is blocked in your hosts file. If you use TinyUmbrella, it blocks it by default. Erase the lines that have gs.apple.com in them, save, then reboot. You should be good to go..

Could you please be a little more specific. Do I have to download TinyUmbrella and then it will let me erase those lines, or how do I erase them?

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
No, like go to your hosts file and take those lines out. That's kinda weird that you're getting those errors if you don't have TinyUmbrella or never used it.

It should be at c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Open it in notepad, take those lines with apple.com out..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2