Stuck on Apple Logo

jdavis22

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I know this has been answered many times before and I'm sorry in advance. I've googled all night and nothing I do seems to work. I have a iPhone 3gs running 4.3.3 and was jailbroken with jailbreakme.com.

I rebooted my phone yesterday because it was slow after I downloaded upside right lockscreen and it's been on the apple logo loop of death since then. I've tried to get itunes to restore it and I've gotten error codes 6,9, 19, and 1602. I've done everything Apple says; dumped and reloaded itunes, checked my firewalls etc. and I'm still in the death loop.

I'm not extremely tech savvy but I can follow simple instructions if someone can help me figure out what to do next. I'm hoping to avoid the 2 hour drive to my Apple store.

Thanks.

jdavis22

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I even drove down to Apple and the girl tried fixing it for almost an hour and got nothing. She said it was a firmware issue and I should just wait till they release the next one instead of paying for a new 3gs.

kikideath

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Was the phone unlocked via the iPad baseband method? If so you cannot restore from iTunes, you could only restore a custom IPSW file made with something from the iPhone Dev Team. If not, I'm surprised the DFU Restore didn't work. You are sure you did a DFU restore and not a Recovery mode restore? Have you ever modified your computers hosts file? That can cause errors upon restore. Try restoring on another computer. Also try another cable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2