Is it still worth it?

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I have an opportunity to pick up a iPhone 3g from at&t really cheap. I currently have a Blackberry Torch. Is it still worth getting the 3g?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion yes 3G is still decent and they can be JB and unlocked with not allot of effort I sell them on craigslist all the time to people who have tmobile .. On craigslist they still go for 120 to 150 so I don't see how it could be a bad deal

Reactions: Schufly

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
3G is a great phone but I think it's too slow at this point. I think you would be better off with a 3GS or better.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just a standard 3G? Not a 3GS? The regular 3G phone is not worth it in my opinion because it never took to iOS 4 very well, and the performance of the phone reflects that boldly. I'd spend the little bit extra and buy a 3GS over a 3G any day of the week...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
the iPhone experience on a 3G is completely different than the 3GS

when you say "I have an opportunity to pick up a iPhone 3g from at&t really cheap" i am assuming you are talkin' upgrade? if that is the case then i would definitely pay the extra $ to get the 3GS, 4 or wait it out and get the Next iPhone

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I suspect that the iPhone 4 will come down to the $99 range when the next model is released at which point it would be a much better value than a $49 iPhone 3GS IMO.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I suspect that the iPhone 4 will come down to the $99 range when the next model is released at which point it would be a much better value than a $49 iPhone 3GS IMO.

Unquestionably...hopefully the price drop on the iPhone 4's will come through, because anything under $200 is a steal for the technology you get in the iPhone 4.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I have an opportunity to pick up a iPhone 3g from at&t really cheap. I currently have a Blackberry Torch. Is it still worth getting the 3g?

3G... absolutely no. I just set my Dad up w an old 3G hand-me-down to get him used to iOS until the 5 comes out (or a discounted 4 at the same time) and it is WAY to slow... almost unusable IMO. Now if you meant a 3GS I would say yes -- it is still a viable model, my son and brother both still use a 3GS and it is fine.

sandmanfvr

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't mean to take over a thread, but don't' want post another for a similar question:

My manager took his AT&T Blackberry and put it in a iphone 3GS and he said he edit the APN and it is working fine, AT&T hasn't bothered him (might now being these are corporate blackberry accounts). I want to do this with a 3GS and been googling and saw the settings are something like:

At&t apn & mms settings android | Nerdy Nerd Nerdz:: A bit of everything Nerdy in Cyber World

I looked into my blackberry and have some of those settings already I am wondering:

1) What did he change for the iphone?
2) Does this change it on the SIM card or just in the phone?

Thanks!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If the SIM card is a 3G sim card, they are interchangeable...

iPhone 4 uses a micro SIM so you have to get an adaptor...but that's neither here nor there because you're talking 3GS.

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the helpful advice. I ended up getting a 3gs from Best Buy. I like it, however I feel it is a little underpowered compared to my wife's ip4. I think I may take advantage of my 30 day trade in and go up to the 4.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the helpful advice. I ended up getting a 3gs from Best Buy. I like it, however I feel it is a little underpowered compared to my wife's ip4. I think I may take advantage of my 30 day trade in and go up to the 4.

No doubt iPhone 4 is more powerfully and better display moat people I see get 3G or 3GS because of money or because of wanting to use on tmobile.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

The iP4 is definitely faster and has a much better screen... one thought, if you re-upped a two-year contract with this purchase I would definitely go back and get the 4, the 3GS will be long in the tooth by the time you get to another upgrade point if you re-upped. If you are free of a contract IMO you are fine for a while...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No doubt iPhone 4 is more powerfully and better display moat people I see get 3G or 3GS because of money or because of wanting to use on tmobile.
The iPhone 4 works on T-Mobile as well provided that it's unlocked. My iPhone 4 worked fine with my T-Mobile prepaid micro sim.

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2