3GS won't stay stay connected to wifi

Reptar

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Ya. I restored. Restored without back up. Updated every update. It started with my 3G and I updated my phone to 3gs and used 3G back up. help! It never stays connected on any wifi. It stays connected while I'm using it. But if I lock it and come back the wifi is not connected

Reptar

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Yup. I connect to them and they work. I even noticed that my phone doesn't alert that there are wifi networks around. Even tho the setting is on. I have to go to wifi settings to see wifi around me

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yup. I connect to them and they work. I even noticed that my phone doesn't alert that there are wifi networks around. Even tho the setting is on. I have to go to wifi settings to see wifi around me

If you have restored and setup as new phone and are not JB sounds like a hardware issue vs software

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My first move would to be to go to settings and completely reset your network settings...see if that flushes out the problem.

After that, if the problem still exists...i would reset my wifi router/modem and reconnect to the network. Also, while doing this, i would make sure that the router is up to date with firmware, sometimes communication issues between gadgets are effected by things as simple as the router not being up to date, but we tend to ignore them because typically, they work regardless.

If the problem still exists, check to see if your bluetooth is activated on your phone (i did a little google search and found that some people, for some reason, were having issues staying connected to their networks when bluetooth was activated on their phone).

If none of that remedies the issue, i would just make an appointment with Apple and see what they say, they can check down the network settings and functionality on your phone and give you a better idea of an issue (if there is one), perhaps even replacing your handset if it turns out to be some isolated hardware issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2