HELP. iPhone won't restore

therandomone

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
So my iphone got wet. After letting it dry (in rice), I connected it to itunes. Itunes says it in recovery mode and that it needs to restore. I choose restore and it gets most of the way through and then pops up unknown error 29. From what I can tell error 29 is usually due to a replacement battery being installed, but it is still the original battery that is installed.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this error so that I can at least get it to boot up?
Do you think my battery is just shot?

Any help would be appreciated.

FYI- I was previously jailbroken on 4.3.3 with snowbreeze.

UPDATE: It turns out my battery was shot. Ordered a new one, replaced it, and it restored just fine. Unfortunately now the home button isn't working. iPhone 5 can't get here fast enough.

Last edited:

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I think is the battery. But just to make sure, do you have another computer you can restore on? Like another Mac or PC? Most likely this error happens on a PC. I recommend you either bring your phone to the Apple store or try this on a Mac. But I am not sure about messing with the battery.

Reactions: therandomone

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, do you have a friend who has another computer you can restore your iPhone with? I think you should try that. But if that doesn't work, I guess you have to go to the Apple Store. :(
Have you tried to call an Apple rep yet?

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Just had on of my users go kayaking with his iPhone. Yea I know :( Long story short, he took it to AT&T and they had some kind of drying service. Cost him $60 I think. Might be worth checking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro