Tempted

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been a strict Blackberry user for years. My wife and I just switched to at&t. She got an iphone4 and my daughter got a 3gs. I gotta say that they the Apples are some cool phones. I am really tempted to turn in my new Torch and go to the Apple side. It's no small decision for me. Really. My wife is telling me to get a 3gs. I don't want to because it's 2 years old, and I like the 4. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated. 3gs? 4? or stick with my Torch and shut up?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Get the iP4, definitely. If nothing else, you two can start using FaceTime. What would you miss about BB? No matter what, Apple will have you covered.

Reactions: Schufly

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
First off, do yourself a favor and drop BB like a lead balloon! I was in that camp for a few years too and switched over to the iPhone! The iPhone is amazing and is light years ahead of BB! Not trying to be fanboyish or to slam BB but that is pretty much the truth. If you want one now then go grab one but keep in mind the iPhone 5 is set to release this fall so that's not very far away! Perhaps you would be ok with your Torch until then. Just something to think about but I would definitely recommend the iPhone!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The 3GS is still a very capable phone...and a steal for the cost, but understand that it will probably start to quickly become obsolete with the new iOS 5 being released soon. Like the 3G and iOS 4, the 3GS is just going to start seeing its limits pushed when the new features are added, where the iPhone 4 will still be good for a couple more years, the 3GS is probably on its last year of worthiness when it comes to smooth operation and optimal functionality after new updates.

If you plan to keep it, get the iPhone 4 and save yourself the hassle down the road.

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I just got home from work, and finally got a chance to sit down with my computer. I went to Crackberry.com like usual, because after all, I still have a Torch for a few more days. The more I see though the more I realize that Blackberry just isn't doing it for me anymore. My new Torch froze up on me twice today, requiring battery pulls, and I don't even have any apps on it yet. I've been through all the android devices. HTC makes good stuff, but android feels like it is still in it's infancy, and takes so much work to accomplish the simplest tasks. I am really impressed with my wife's IP4. I'm still not certain if I want to go with the cheaper 3gs, or wait till I have the funds for the IP4. Thanks for the input though, I really appreciate it.

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If you get a 3GS you're gonna hate yourself for it when you start to see it lag when new features and stuff start to be released. Just like the 3G to 3GS...huge difference once iOS 4 came out. The iOS 5 beta seems to run smooth on 3GS, but when iOS 6 comes out and you're still in contract on that 3GS you'll probably end up regretting it because i4 will be more functional on iOS 6.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just keep in mind, the 3GS is worlds better than the Torch, so you're going to be very impressed even by the older iphone vs. your BB. Its kind of like coming from a honda civic and buying a new BMW 3 series, even the entry level would wow you with refinement and performance, but the M3 would blow your mind...the same can be said here, the 3GS is going to satisfy you for a while, the iPhone 4 will become your favorite phone of all time...

Just to reiterate, in your position, you seem to be planning to keep the phone for a while, and because of that, you'll thank yourself for saving for the iPhone 4 (or even being a little more patient and getting the newer model this fall when it releases).

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Sean. I don't have time to wait for an ios5 device. I need to work within my 30 day return period. I think I will get the IP4, that display is amazing. Will let you know. Blackberry withdrawal will be tough. Is there a patch or something?

hailcesar75

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
never had a blacberry but the iphone is such an incredible smart phone. its like a part of me. i dont know what i would do if i had an android type phone. my friend has one and she accidently deleted something she wasnt supposed to and now she cant use the internet. u would never make a mistake like that with an iphone. it just wont let u

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I also say go with the 4 if you're intending to keep it for a while. It was one of the deciding factors for me, I was thinking of going with the 3GS but then went ahead and got the 4 instead, just for the longevity of it.

I came from Blackberry as well. You'll miss your LED but after a short bit you forget all about it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Sean. I don't have time to wait for an ios5 device. I need to work within my 30 day return period. I think I will get the IP4, that display is amazing. Will let you know. Blackberry withdrawal will be tough. Is there a patch or something?

lol...it's not as bad or difficult as you think, i used nothing but BB's before moving to the iPhone back in the first generation, and then still used a Curve for years for a work phone. After i bought my first iPhone (and most recently, replaced my Curve with a droid for work), i've completely moved on...not having to reset your phone via battery pull will be all the "patch" you need. :D

As far as missing the LED notifier feature from the BB, from what i understand, iOS 5 has a remedy for that. :)

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I picked up an iP4 yesterday. Black. My wife has the white one. I would have posted about it but I was too busy playing with it. It's pretty sweet. Trying to figure everything out. I bought the Otterbox for it too, but I will be taking it back. Not really happy with the size and frame around the screen. I'm going to look at Best Buy today and see what they have in cases. I need something for my belt, I can't do the pocket thing. Thanks everyone for the input and suggestions. I agree with you, I would have been disappointed with the 3gs I think.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73