Jailbroken iphone 3GS 4.0.2 stuck in iTunes screen with USB cable

born2njoy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey Gems

I have an iphone 3GS running 4.0.2 OS jailbroken with jailbreakme.com. A week back when I restarted my phone, it got stuck up in itunes screen showing USB cable. I read through many articles and tried all methods and softwares such as Irecovery, RecBoot, TinyUmbrella, but nothing worked. I thought of restoring it to 4.0.2 using the original IPSW file and that too didn't work as I got 3194 connection error. I am afraid to use the standard restore as it will update the OS to 4.3.3 and don't know if this version can be successfully unlocked ?.
Could you please guide me on what options I have now ?. Thanks a lot.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey Gems

I have an iphone 3GS running 4.0.2 OS jailbroken with jailbreakme.com. A week back when I restarted my phone, it got stuck up in itunes screen showing USB cable. I read through many articles and tried all methods and softwares such as Irecovery, RecBoot, TinyUmbrella, but nothing worked. I thought of restoring it to 4.0.2 using the original IPSW file and that too didn't work as I got 3194 connection error. I am afraid to use the standard restore as it will update the OS to 4.3.3 and don't know if this version can be successfully unlocked ?.
Could you please guide me on what options I have now ?. Thanks a lot.

2 options
Get redsnow and put phone in dfu mode then open iTunes and hold shift press restore and select your ipsw file

Or
Upgrade to 4.3.3 but preserve the baseband and u will be able to unlock with ultraslow ... If you don't save the baseband then it is not able to be unlocked unless you update to base band to 6.15.00 and that has it's own warnings and limitations

Personally I would update and keep your current baseband

Reactions: born2njoy

born2njoy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
2 options
Get redsnow and put phone in dfu mode then open iTunes and hold shift press restore and select your ipsw file

Or
Upgrade to 4.3.3 but preserve the baseband and u will be able to unlock with ultraslow ... If you don't save the baseband then it is not able to be unlocked unless you update to base band to 6.15.00 and that has it's own warnings and limitations

Personally I would update and keep your current baseband
Thanks for your valuable input. I upgraded my OS to 4.3.3 using custom IPSW file preserving the baseband and unlocked it through Ultrasnow. But ever after this restore, my 3GS battery drains too fast and is getting overheated. Is it because of the custom IPSW file or because of the OS 4.3.3 ?. I disabled notifications, location services, mails, 3G and multitasking, but still it does not hold the charge for more than 4 hrs. Any ideas ?.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Seems like your battery is simply not up to pace anymore...i can't see the upgrade causing a distinct and sudden drop off in battery life like you are suggesting, are you sure it wasn't like this before and you're just now paying attention to it because you've had to change some stuff that you've grown so used to over the time you had 4.0.2 (LONG time, lol).

I mean it is a 3GS so you're pushing a couple years now, so the battery may not be in great shape from the get go.

born2njoy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Before the upgrade(a week back), the charge used to last for 12 hrs..that too when I had mails, location services, notifications, 3G turned on...Now without any of these , it comes only for 4 to 5 hours, so i'm sure upgrade is the cause..

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Quick google search yielded this...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3041668?start=150&tstart=0

...about half way down, this response...

Hi All,

I updated my iphone 4 to 4.3.3. at the same day it came out and had no problems at all. Last Saturday I sync it with iTunes and made some app updates. After that the battery was flat after 5 hours of normal usage. I tried almost all recommendations of this thread, but nothing solved the problem.

Thanks to Giulia I tried to turn off the apple store account and what a surprise, my iphone is back to 1% per hour. Thanks a lot Giulia, you made my day.

Try and see?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your valuable input. I upgraded my OS to 4.3.3 using custom IPSW file preserving the baseband and unlocked it through Ultrasnow. But ever after this restore, my 3GS battery drains too fast and is getting overheated. Is it because of the custom IPSW file or because of the OS 4.3.3 ?. I disabled notifications, location services, mails, 3G and multitasking, but still it does not hold the charge for more than 4 hrs. Any ideas ?.

I don't think it's the Ipsw but your could use snowbreeze and create your own to see also try setting up as a new phone see how battery is before your restore your info

Also might be a old app causing this try removing all apps see how it go add them back one at a time till you find the one causing it I mean you did just jump alot of software changes.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox