Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Pro

682 Posts
    Global Posts
    693 Global Posts

Default iPhone 3GS Freezing w/ multiple incoming texts

for some reason my 3GS decides to freeze when I get 2 or more texts coming in at the same time. The only way to unfreeze it is to do a hard reboot (because I use my phone to much to wait for it).

It is jailbroken on ios 4.3.3

Should I try going without it being jailbroken?
    iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

Are you using BiteSMS or any notification system other than Apple's? You might be able to sort it out and keep your JB. One thing when you're JBen sometimes you have to to do a little digging don't be so hasty to switch back to stock. Are you also running any Winterboard tweaks? What was the last tweak you did before you noticed it starting to happen? Do you have like a million text convos stored on the phone?

Clearing out your saved text messages
    stop using BiteSMS and use Apple's Messages app
    uncheck all Winterboard tweaks and respring

Once the phone stops freezing then you can redo your tweaks slowly until you find the culprit. If they are all back and everything works then start using BiteSMS again and see what happens.
    iPhone Intermediate

465 Posts
    Global Posts
    472 Global Posts

My 3GS doesn't completely lock up but it does lag a little bit when I close out a single text notification. Strange enough , PNS does not respond the same way. Maybe I need to delete some text convos, you should try the same.
    Last edited by OmariJames; 05-18-2011 at 07:01 PM.